Fuel quantity gauge does not show 100% Fuel

saburo_cz

Fuel quantity gauge for the Main fuel tank doesn`t show full tank, 270 galls, even 100% of fuel is selected.

Needle shows only 215 gallons and never more..

H73wZ3U.png

I tried it several times, Chanel and Normandy map. DCS repair did not solve it.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Fuel quantity gauge for the Main fuel tank doesn`t show full tank, 270 galls, even 100% of fuel is selected.

Needle shows only 215 gallons and never more..

H73wZ3U.png

I tried it several times, Chanel and Normandy map. DCS repair did not solve it.

Edit3- I'm an idiot your right. I believe

Edited by ShadowFrost

My immediate guess on that is due to not having drop tanks but I could be wrong.

Edit- If my math is right 80+ ~220 (aux + main) is roughly 300 gallons which is the internal storage IIRC.

Internal capacity is 270 galls in the main fuel tank, right needle and 100 galls in aux. fuel tank, left needle.

So, whole internal fuel capacity is 370 gallons as is written even in DCS P-47D-30 manual...

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Internal capacity is 270 galls in the main fuel tank, right needle and 100 galls in aux. fuel tank, left needle.

So, whole internal fuel capacity is 370 gallons as is written even in DCS P-47D-30 manual...

Have you looked at it in flight?

The fuel gauge will either be inaccurate on the ground or in the air in a tail dragger. The former is preferred.

EDIT: I just checked it myself. Shows the same fuel quantity in air and on the ground. Unlikely the real gauge worked that way.

Edited by pmiceli

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Have you looked at it in flight?

Yes i have. During level flight, climb and descent, all show the same because there is no fuel.

I did some calculating, mission editor shows 830 kgs for full fuel tanks and it roughly equals 315 gallons showed by fuel gauge.

So if i want 370 galls i get only 315 instead and there is no way how to refill the main tank to its full capacity.

F-15E | F-14A/B

• 6 months later...

This seems bugged. Why is it not acknowledged?

1)

67% shows ~212.5 sitting on ground. Starting to accelerate it inches up to almost 225 (while tail wheel still on ground). It stays 225 in level flight. I took care to note that the 225 is not an artifact of accelerating. It stays just under 225 in level flight not accelerating (throttle off a bit).

One have too read gauges real quick like because it gulps fuel like a drunken sailor (take off, turn around, land opposite direction takes 2% fuel).

2)

Refueling to 100% fills the auxiliary tank. Taking off now, the main fuel needle acts just as 1) above (shows 212.5 on ground, almost 225 taking off and level flight).

3)

Defueling 100% to 67% again, drops main tank needle (not auxiliary tank) to something that can be read as 112.5. Ie 100 gallon off, the same amount as the still filled auxiliary tank. Taking off, needle doesn't seem to move, showing 112.5 in level flight. If it does move, scaling is to small to tell. Ed/add: It does fluctuate a little on acceleration, as it should, but if it shows differently airborne, the scaling is to small to tell.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))