First I have heard of VARJO was in todays 5/29/2020 Weekend Newsletter.

What does this mean for us?

Can we get some info from ED about VARJO with DCS?

http://www.varjo.com/

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

It means nothing to most of us !

I'd be a dead man if the wife caught me spending 10k on a headset and card to run it :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Yep...wow.. I just saw the pricing...

Maybe one day they will have a "consumer" model people can actually afford with ground breaking resolution.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

You can use it now in DCS

See screenshots of the A-10C

"With Varjo's ultra-high resolution support for SteamVR and OpenVR content, the visual fidelity is crystal clear in the professional applications. These are unedited pictures shot through a competitor device and Varjo when using the DCS World simulator. "

https://varjo.com/products/vr-2-pro/

R-2 Pro comes with advanced integrated Ultraleap.

That looks cool too.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

VR-2 version is cheaper than the XTAL. And some people here have actually purchased that, so I wouldn't be surprised if we'd see a "pulled the trigger on VARJO VR - First impressions" thread pop up somewhere on the VR sub-forum :P

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

that's the leap vr needs. if only they can get that price down. I wonder how it performs. I suspect better than expected due to the foveated rendering.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

For such a cutting edge device (and serious price tag), the 87deg. FOV of the VR-2, is quite disappointing. But they probably weren't focusing on the gaming market :smilewink:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Current customers:

Audi, Saab, USAF,...etc.. Those guys dont spend their own money and dont have to justify to KCC, Kitchen Command Centre

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Current customers:

Audi, Saab, USAF,...etc.. Those guys dont spend their own money and dont have to justify to KCC, Kitchen Command Centre

:megalol: :megalol: :megalol:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I can tell something from using XR-1. The image is so sharp in the center that it's like putting real eye glasses on and watching real instruments. It looks more real than usual HMD's because it takes away the aliasing in the image. The center image is rendered as a separate view which causes the LOD's to be on higher fidelity than the side image. It's a bit strange effect when houses pop up in the center view on far distances. This center image can at least fit Hornet displays in the sharp area. Overall combined FOV is weak. When in Hornet cockpit and watching down to the center display can't see anything outside from peripheral view because the image is cut just barely to the sides of the cockpit window. Also the sides are blurry but maybe it's more because the center is so sharp so it appears worse than it actually is. After using Varjo it's kind of hard to adjust on bad quality in consumer HMD like Index. But I would not buy one for home usage yet. It need's better fov and side clarity. At least they used to be trying to achieve center image that would move to where ever eyes are pointing. That moving sharp image if combined with high FOV would be something worth buying, but who knows when it will happen.