Supercarrier - Is it somehow possible to select specific parking spots?

sirrah

When selecting take off from ramp on the SC, I don't see the option to choose a specific parking slot. Am I missing something here, or will this function be added later in EA?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

It is automated, unknown if it will become a feature eventually. Only way to change it is to manipulate by spawn timing. With an aircraft set to player and spawning at mission start you will always spawn in the same spot of the six pack. Gotta spawn a few seconds after mission start and have however many aircraft in front of you or static objects over spawn points to "pick" where you spawn at.

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_editor_carrier_spawns

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Thanks Grimes (that link is very helpful for better insight :thumbup:)

I sure hope ED will add the option later, as that would make ME life a lot easier. Or even better, if they would add a "ramp start from ground" option for players, so that we can simulate starting while parked on the bow of the ship.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thanks Grimes (that link is very helpful for better insight )

I sure hope ED will add the option later, as that would make ME life a lot easier. Or even better, if they would add a "ramp start from ground" option for players, so that we can simulate starting while parked on the bow of the ship.

Yeah, that would be great. Some more stress on the mission design, but would also love the option to have the mission designer decide on spots or placing on the ramp.

I guess we are all aware you could easily block catapults, taxiways and parking spots, but you can already do this, by adding static objects in the wrong place.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

No complaints at all about the carrier, I think it's f***in awesome:D! But, in the future would be nice to be able to choose parking spots. I'm building a sp/mp mission and it revolves around dispatch order. I can make it work, mission designer assigned parking would be handy.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

There's a few "rules", but it's pretyt difficult, I think people tried to use "blockers" but this invariably changed and at any given time could cause explosions :)

First of all, if you are first, you get Six Pack behind cat 1. Actually this applies to AI too. Also the sixpack 1-4 takes cat 1-4. After that its a bit complex.

If you ever spawn or late activate at mission start so the deck is initially empty, the sixpack isn't used, instead you see the Elevator spawns used. It can be quite predictable but it is also based on the unit ID roughly if you have mission start normal units on the deck, it fills fairly predictably.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 3 months later...
It is automated, unknown if it will become a feature eventually. Only way to change it is to manipulate by spawn timing. With an aircraft set to player and spawning at mission start you will always spawn in the same spot of the six pack. Gotta spawn a few seconds after mission start and have however many aircraft in front of you or static objects over spawn points to "pick" where you spawn at.

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_editor_carrier_spawns

Having also 4 jets AI spawning Parking Hot also fixes it, they spawn always before the player and since all 4 uses the parking, i'm able to spawn at a different place, no need to play with spawn time. This made me able to spawn on the elevator in front of the LSO station besides the tower. At least this way, as i startup up and get ready on parking, i don'T get bumped into by the E2 taxing out of his parking spot behind me and getting impatient.

Edited by Doum76