AH-64A

S. Low

I just got the Ka-50 and every time I load it up I can't help but be reminded that I would be having more fun if I were flying an Apache. Between the Hornet, Blackshark, and A-10 I am absolutely confident that ya'll have the skill to create the definitive AH-64A simulation. Just please make it happen this century.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

I wouldn't bet on anytime soon, but they have said they planned on it ''someday'. If it's any consolation, they are actively working on an AH-1 of some lateish variant (it's fluctuated a bit, no idea what the final decision ended up being).

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Yea, I'd rather see the ah-1, especially Vietnam era variant ,but I know the Apache has a broader audience, especially with oh58 on the way

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

God yes, especially if the Kiowa works out. Hunter killer teams anyone. I doubt ED will be the ones to do it, but one never knows. Actually I kinda wish Heatblure would tackle this one. That Jester multi crew would be pretty sweet. Especially if the pilot was decent. I would love to strap into that nose gunner position.

My assumption is the D model longbow has a lot of classified systems still, but the A model without the radar has been exported enough to do a full fidelity sim. And yeah, coupled with the kiowa (or another A) the buddy lazing would be great.

I wanted ED to tackle this one as they have the best helo people, but yes I also want a heatblur jester inspired AI.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Original A variant has more interesting work flow especially for the gunner who needs to use optical/camera/thermal TADS to find targets.

D Longbow with additional avionics and millimeter radar on top is heavier and less maneuverable and the workflow with full glass cockpit, millimeter radar and fire and forget HELFIRE would be a bit less interesting for the gunner.

A few 3rd parties tried to contact with Boeing and there were some issues with license, if I'm not mistaking guys from Polychop told about that in some Kiowa stream.

D seems impossible - it's being used in many places of the world right now, so.

Original A variant? Who knows. Anyway it would be the hottest chopper in DCS.

Edited by bies

I wouldn't bet on anytime soon, but they have said they planned on it ''someday'. If it's any consolation, they are actively working on an AH-1 of some lateish variant (it's fluctuated a bit, no idea what the final decision ended up being).

The AH-1 and F-4 have been shelved indefinitely, I wouldn't hold your breath for it anymore.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

My assumption is the D model longbow has a lot of classified systems still, but the A model without the radar has been exported enough to do a full fidelity sim. And yeah, coupled with the kiowa (or another A) the buddy lazing would be great.

I wanted ED to tackle this one as they have the best helo people, but yes I also want a heatblur jester inspired AI.

Ah64d imo wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. At least not an block 1 and perhaps not an early life block 2 circa 2003-2005. In fact I d say apaches protective suite is actually somewhat inferior to modernized ah1w,s of comparable time frame as they dont even have a missile warning system, and only a singular counter measure dispenser ( cant Carr both chaff and flare at the same time)

It's really not anything much more than a rotary analogy of say gen 4 fixed wing glass cockpit jet like the f18.

TBH it's the ah64d block 3, ( which later evolves into ah64e) is where you really begin to get some really neat stuff like controlling drones plus automated protective suite with MWS, but that is 2012 - present, including further improvements since then.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 4 months later...

D version perhaps is only limited as far as anyone knows, to DCS level cockpit simulators. I wouldn't mind having it in a less than perfect fidelity level, similar to FC3, which I think is totally possible: janes longbow was version D, released more than a decade ago and would be at least similar to FC3, probably better if it was brought to today standards.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

AH64 AI models are very good in DCS. They are almost at module quality.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Either the AH-64 or AH-1 (any version really) would be a small dream come true for me :rolleyes:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

There was at one point an AH-64A Blk. 49A in Development, complete with Cockpit Renders.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

D version perhaps is only limited as far as anyone knows, to DCS level cockpit simulators. I wouldn't mind having it in a less than perfect fidelity level, similar to FC3, which I think is totally possible: janes longbow was version D, released more than a decade ago and would be at least similar to FC3, probably better if it was brought to today standards.

ED had already stated a while ago that they will no longer be making FC3 level modules for DCS. We will just have to wait to see what MAC (Modern Air Combat) game/sim that ED is currently will offer.