Georgian Spring 1955 - Server Info

71st_AH Rob

Join the Revolution!

Georgian Spring campaign set in the spring of 1955 just a year after the truce in Korea has been signed, Stalin has passed away and Turkey has become a NATO member. The Georgian A.S.S.R. takes advantage of the power struggle that develops in the polit bureau and attempts to make a break from the influence of Moscow.

The server and campaign will be a 'sandbox' where squadrons can plan and execute missions to carry out any type of mission that the campaign plane set could do in real life based on the current tactical situation and the commanders intent. NATO forces will attempt to secure air superiority over the Georgian A.S.S.R to allow Georgian ground forces loyal to the new Republic to drive out the Trans-Caucasian Army of the Soviet Union.The combined forces of Warsaw Pact will attempt to drive NATO out of Georgia; they can not afford another Korea on their doorstep.

The server will track stats, save mission status at the end of the mission and carry the results to the next mission.

Missions can be flown in any conditions that the Sabre/Mig-15 were capable of, including night(although the Sabre and Mig were primarily day fighters and operations on a moonless night with overcast would be tricky) and questionable weather conditions since DCS has the ability to generate dynamic weather that can produce bright cloudless days or thunderstorms to blizzards and the weather may deteriorate during the mission.

More information can be found at: http://georgianspring.enjin.com/

TS: GeorgianSpring.enjinvoice.com

Direct Connect: 67.193.98.174

Weather Forecast: Weather Forecast

• 6 months later...

@71st_AH Rob could you check the mission. It looks like it has a view config stored in which overrides the user in cockpit view settings.

You may find that in some missions, your saved snap views are disabled, and you cannot customise them. This appears to be caused by the way the mission is created. The mission contains a View.lua and SnapViews.lua that are overriding your copies. It can be fixed if you have access to the mission .miz file, as follows:

1. Open the .miz file using a Zip-archive tool (such as 7Zip).
  2. You should see a Config folder in the .miz file. Check that the Config folder just contains a View sub-folder, which in turn contains a View.lua, SnapViews.lua etc.
  3. Delete the Config\View folder from the .miz file.

From http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Snap_views

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Is the server still running? I haven't seen it up in a while.

Yes, since the last DCS update there has been a persistent bug causing chaos, it was causing the mission crash randomly and the logs were no help. I have finally tracked it down to the AI script that launched the CAP and Intercept flights for both sides so the mission is now up but not totally fixed. I am looking at an alternative that I should have ready in about a week if it works. Hoping for a large turnout on 15 Jan to stress test it if it works.

I'm not sure, seems that sometimes mission editor includes those files, sometimes not. I could even recall stock training missions for some of the modules where some of the missions have this problem while some don't,

It's kind of a bugger as it overrides all user settings for head position in cockpit, FOV settings etc.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

• 3 months later...

With a little time to kill, I jumped in my MiG-15 and took a flight via this server. I was vectored towards some contacts, which ended up being a couple AI Sabre's tangling with some fellow AI MiG's.

Couldn't get into a firing position, after many attempts. Getting low on fuel, I started heading back. That's when I noticed a contact with multiple contrails. Yep, a BUFF... Took a bit, but I managed to line up and blast that bomber with a couple bursts of cannons. Confirmed kill!

Woot! felt great to bag a bomber! Touched down back at the base with about 150 Liters.

As Arnold would say, "I'll be back"... :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Glad you enjoyed your self! The current mission rotation is two dogfighting missions, there will be a 'sandbox' mission scenario and a ground attack practice range added to the rotation soon.

Also on most Sundays @ 1900GMT we run a campaign mission. The campaign is beta and we are just testing various mechanics for different scenarios that may occur in the dynamic campaign we have planned. The calendar is on the server website has details.

Glad you enjoyed your self! The current mission rotation is two dogfighting missions, there will be a 'sandbox' mission scenario and a ground attack practice range added to the rotation soon.

Also on most Sundays @ 1900GMT we run a campaign mission. The campaign is beta and we are just testing various mechanics for different scenarios that may occur in the dynamic campaign we have planned. The calendar is on the server website has details.

thanks, I'll check it out.

-jav

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control