VNAO Ready Room (VR, TrackIR, 2d)

Particleman

Download Link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3310351/

Just place a new heli, make sure to set it to client, pick the livery if you have a custom one or pick from one of the two we provide and that's it. Fire up the server and you should see the 25 slots that pilots can join into.

We are happy to announce after a large amount of time and effort our in game Ready Room is days away from publicly releasing. After many successful weeks of testing with missions and pilots we feel confident that many will find themselves right at home using this module. Some of the features include:

- Space for up to 25 pilots all in the same room.

- Sync'd briefing screen that can be updated and used over Multiplayer sessions.

- Lighting that can be toggled off via the L key during briefings.

- Animated accent features.

- Ambient audio to simulate the environment better.

- Can be placed on the carrier or on land depending on what you need. (It's based on a heli so just place it 'takeoff from ground' or 'takeoff from runway 4' on carrier and you're all set!)

- Completely customizable posters, chair textures and whatever else you want to change to make it fit your squads liveries. Just set up a livery pack and when placing in the mission select your squadrons livery pack. This means each squad flying can have their own briefing room all in the same mission!

We've spent many hours and lots of effort putting this module together and know the community will enjoy it as much as we do. Every mission we do now begins and ends here. Debriefs are a lot more entertaining now.

-Particleman

VNAO Discord: https://discord.gg/aWkyzn3

VNAO_RR_view_01.thumb.jpg.7d981847a9e13c61aa30af57b0a5863f.jpg

VNAO_RR_view_02.thumb.jpg.c7dc129df6a39f8f02c8df0fed65cfc3.jpg

VNAO_RR_view_03.thumb.jpg.05d8462ff9d780c655a72310cecc0337.jpg

Edited by Particleman
  • Like 1

This is way cool!! Is there a readme file in the download? I'm trying to figure out some of the features. Is there a way to alter the PLAT camera view so that the TV's reflect the proper PLAT camera view?

Amazing MOD regardless! Thank You

Awesome!!! eager to try this in VR. Thank you once again for your excellent work!

Best wishes,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

:pilotfly: yey!!! can't wait for this, seems an amazing job!

I was wondering if we can upload pictures (or video clips) to our board with the mission data and briefing material.

[701] Francisco "Maçarico" Rua

[701] DCS Portugal

Discord: http://discord.gg/SXbBPGB

[ALBATROZ] DCS, Onward, Contractors, Elite Dang.

Discord: https://discord.gg/VNd4rcf

:pilotfly: yey!!! can't wait for this, seems an amazing job!

I was wondering if we can upload pictures (or video clips) to our board with the mission data and briefing material.

No video but you can use your own custom slides for briefings.

VNAO Ready Room has been added to the Userfiles que. NOT LIVE YET

Just wanted to post a quick update that I have submitted the VNAO Ready Room to the Userfiles que. It's just awaiting approval from the ED admins and it will be live. Hopefully it will be available within the next few hours. Would love to see how you use it, squad liveries etc once everyone starts to use it. Also if you create a livery pack for your squadron please feel free to share it back to me and I'll include it in the future releases for all to enjoy!

Cheers!

-Particleman

The RR is a helicopter.

Just place a new heli, make sure to set it to client, pick the livery if you have a custom one or pick from one of the two we provide and that's it. Fire up the server and you should see the 25 slots that pilots can join into.

Cheers!

-Particleman

That is known. We found that you should still be able to use all 4 cats even though it's there. If it becomes an issue we have used the RR at an air base and with the audio file it still appears you are on a carrier. Not ideal but it still works.

Quick question. What way is the camera pointing (TV)?

It's actually a hack right now and that's a mirror which is why it seems to shift position when you move around seats. Another thing we are trying to add if possible is a locked camera.

will you be providing a paintkit/template for the virtual squadrons to easily create their own ready rooms?

Actually it's already setup for that. Just open the textures folder in the mod and everything is very clearly labled and setup. If you look in the liveries folder you'll see two liveries setup as examples. Copy and past the Argonauts livery, open the description and edit to reflect what you want to change and then update the textures. I'm hoping to make a video to show how this works soon. Just open the file in Photoshop, modify the texture, save. That should be it.

-Particleman