Skynet: An IADS for Mission Builders

Ok, the compiled script now features a remark in the first line with the build time:

-- BUILD Timestamp: 03.03.2020 21:35:37.55

Please check you are using the most current versions, by checking this line on GitHub.

Tested the latest version.

Getting unit doesn't exist errors at line 1502 after killing an EWR. This results in a complete shutdown of the entire system.

Script is not usable until this error is fixed.

Thanks, will look in to it, script is still in development. Will become more stable in the next few days.

Tested the latest version.

Getting unit doesn't exist errors at line 1502 after killing an EWR. This results in a complete shutdown of the entire system.

Script is not usable until this error is fixed.

Ok, got the bug, its fixed in the latest compiled script.

From now on I will write a unit test for each bug reported, hopefully you will only have to report once.

Feel free to report bugs here:

https://github.com/walder/Skynet-IADS/issues

Awesome script so far, thank you for the work you put into this.

Using this in a campaign together with project dynamism would be wonderful as the IADS would then get more and more degraded throghout a campaign

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4236905

Thanks I very much enjoyed our discord exchange on IADS so far :)

The IADS will be able to load degraded elements. There's just some light changes to the code I need to do for that.

So one could also set up a single mission with destroyed elements in the DCS world (e.g. a power source) and the linked item will not be active.

Are there infantry units as spotters for low level flying aircrafts, that would report the spotting, heading and time?

Meaning that you can get ground troops to hills and valleys and report the low level flying aircrafts in radars blind spots?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Are there infantry units as spotters for low level flying aircrafts, that would report the spotting, heading and time?

Meaning that you can get ground troops to hills and valleys and report the low level flying aircrafts in radars blind spots?

Not yet. But I have thought of it. Their information would be a guess in regards, of speed and heading. The IADS already supports track files, so it would not be that difficult to add.

Edited by tigair

Loads of fun

@tigar

Yes I'm also having loads of fun with this script

CMDcenters, Powerxupplies, Nodes, SAMinstallations all great fun

I like using it to inform myself of intruders while on patrol in Mig19P

and the Network is a great backup for the HomeFront boy's who need all the backup they can get from the AGRESSOR's with their endless supply of FIRST STRIKE hardware.

Like some others have said on your GitHub site I wish I could start and stop the Debug reporting in Game? is it possible?

I also saw spotters in the Debug reports from your latest build is it working now? I can add spotters?

Best Regards,

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 7700K, Win-8.1(wufuc), DCSW OB, FC3, CA, PG-map, Syria-map, Normandy-map, WWII-assetspack, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, Mi-8MTV2, BS2,

@tigar

Yes I'm also having loads of fun with this script

CMDcenters, Powerxupplies, Nodes, SAMinstallations all great fun

I like using it to inform myself of intruders while on patrol in Mig19P

and the Network is a great backup for the HomeFront boy's who need all the backup they can get from the AGRESSOR's with their endless supply of FIRST STRIKE hardware.

Like some others have said on your GitHub site I wish I could start and stop the Debug reporting in Game? is it possible?

I also saw spotters in the Debug reports from your latest build is it working now? I can add spotters?

Best Regards,

Great to hear you like Skynet. Are you using it for GCI?

Debug Reporting toggling in game is on the backlog. I wan't to finish HARM defence first.

Spotters are on the backlog too.

Personally I like flying in the most recent DCS period (90's). That's why I am focusing on all the radar units working correctly in the IADS and HARM defence. Once that is done I will add more features, time permitting of course.

I'm getting a pretty good GCI vibe from the debug script combined with a AWACS to consult, also having the umbrella of the IADS to run and duck under for cover when I need it is pretty cool, All thats missing now is orders to destroy the target, shadow the target, or RTB also question for you:

can the IADS script identify CIV targets?

thinking of running the CIV air traffic script in conjunction with IADS?

Edited by prefetch

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 7700K, Win-8.1(wufuc), DCSW OB, FC3, CA, PG-map, Syria-map, Normandy-map, WWII-assetspack, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, Mi-8MTV2, BS2,

I'm getting a pretty good GCI vibe from the debug script combined with a AWACS to consult, also having the umbrella of the IADS to run and duck under for cover when I need it is pretty cool, All thats missing now is orders to destroy the target, shadow the target, or RTB also question for you:

can the IADS script identify CIV targets?

thinking of running the CIV air traffic script in conjunction with IADS?

Detecting civilian targets does not work at the moment. Radards in DCS only report enemies. You could add the CIV plane to an enemy coalition but then the SAM would fire at it.

some problems;

Hi tigair, some problems for you

When I try to load more than six EW with NODES i get game crash, the DCS log looks like this:

iranSkyNetlauncherrorLog.txt

in my skynet setups script

the commented out ewRadar calls and the SAMSite call cause the same game crash

skynet-iads-setup-persian-gulf.lua

with the same log error msg can you sus it?

THNX in advance for any info

Edited by prefetch

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The samSite Variable is nil:

local powerSource = Unit.getByName("SAM-ShilkaGPU")

samSite:addPowerSource(powerSource)

You need to reference the samSite first that you wan't to modify:

in your case:

iranIADS:getSamSiteByGroupName('GROUP NAME OF YOUR SAM SITE'):addPowerSource(powerSource)

Solution

@tigair I found a solution to the nil error responce I was getting while trying to add nodes to SAM sites

I had to call all EW sites in the IADS first, then call the specific site I wanted to add the node to,

Otherwise the script returned with the nil response,

like it didn't remember the initial call in the beginning of the script for adding all the EW sites by prefix? Any way it's smooth as silk now

skynet-iads-setup-persian-gulf.lua

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I use rearming vehicles near the sams to rearm them when they are out of missiles.

Will the SAM be able to become active again once it’s rearmed or will it stay permanently down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should reactivate, since it is a regular SAM site, and I just query the state of the ammo.

Edited by tigair