[LATER IN EARLY ACCESS] Radar brick logic

Beamscanner

I noticed some issues with the Brick ageout and potentially a misconception about bricks in RWS.

Ageout:

Issue: The DCS Viper video shows bricks dimming way too soon.

Viper RWS bricks should dim once after the period of time it takes to complete a full scan with the selected bar/azimuth settings. Dimming again after that period of time has passed 2x and 3x.

They should not dim before the radar's even gotten the chance to re-detect the target. Same is true for Trackfiles in both the Hornet and Viper.

I provided a deeper explanation here

Brick movement:

Issue: The DCS Viper video shows bricks updating their position. It looks like when you had the same target detected on 2 separate elevations bars, and it updated the position of an old brick instead of drawing a second brick.

RWS bricks / hits should be static objects on the radar display (fixed to a position in space), only moving due to ownship maneuvers. They do not update their position. Instead, targets are simply re-detected at their new position.

Bricks can be associated to trackfiles, but not other bricks. Thus, each detection of target "A" should have a separate brick from the last.

Brick dimming and lack of movement can be seen in this video:

Please let me know if you have any questions on this. I hope this gets looked into. I haven't been in the Hornet in awhile, but I'm sure it would need to be fixed there too.

AFAIK in hornet there is a setting on the radar data page to adjust the fadeout time, I suspect viper will have the same.

The viper does not have this option for "fadeout time", just "histories" displayed.

Beamscanner is correct, the radar tutorial video does display this in a weird way. You can set "History" in the FCR control page to show just one, which means the bar only lasts during the current sweep. What OP is mentioning, is with a history of 2 or greater, you will get the bar on initial radar hit, then on next sweep you'll get the new bar with the previous bar slightly faded to show you where the hit was previously. If you go to history 3, then you get 3 bars with the two old hits slightly faded and so on.

The viper does not have this option for "fadeout time", just "histories" displayed.

Beamscanner is correct, the radar tutorial video does display this in a weird way. You can set "History" in the FCR control page to show just one, which means the bar only lasts during the current sweep. What OP is mentioning, is with a history of 2 or greater, you will get the bar on initial radar hit, then on next sweep you'll get the new bar with the previous bar slightly faded to show you where the hit was previously. If you go to history 3, then you get 3 bars with the two old hits slightly faded and so on.

Yea its called History you can choose on the real jet on the CNT/TGT HIS page the default is 2s but on the video and what I use is 4s.