[REPORTED] F-16 Issues After 6/3 Update

Rhayvn

So far:

1. HUD and HMD brightness is very low at max brightness. It's virtually impossible to see against light backgrounds.

2. Radar Antennae elevation controls do not work. Keyboard or bound.

3. New Steerpoints show HUD symbology and are usable by the autopilot. Preset steerpoints show no HUD symbology and are not steerable by the autopilot.

4. TGP designation vs CCRP target is ~100 yards offset. Point track on the TGP does not correspond to the actual ground targeted location for the CCRP cues. Possibly using the wrong altitude for the coordinates?

The 16 is FAR more broken than it was two hours ago. But hey, we can manually add steerpoints!!

F-16 Bugs in today's patch

Oops. Just saw someone made a thread about missing tadpole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Some of the defects were known in advance to ED and yet they still went ahead with it:

See Wags video and you can already spot them if you look.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

2, 3 and 4 are reported (4 in particular wasn't introduced in this update, it was there before).

For 2, the antenna elevation does work, it's just the TDC altitude numbers not updating.

1 is a general DCS issue, so hopefully it'll be fixed across the board and not just for the Viper

It's not just the altitude numbers on the FCR, it's also the elevation indicator and while it wasn't many tests, the tests done showed no indication that elevation or depression were happening. Targets outside the listed altitudes on the FCR marker were not detected no matter how the settings were manipulated.

It's not just the altitude numbers on the FCR, it's also the elevation indicator and while it wasn't many tests, the tests done showed no indication that elevation or depression were happening. Targets outside the listed altitudes on the FCR marker were not detected no matter how the settings were manipulated.

Checked again, it slews in RWS but not in TWS, I'll update the report

F-16 Issues After 6/3 Update

1.HUD is very light on the brightness even when turned all the way up as well as HMCS.

2. Steer point does not show on HUD when selected.

3. TGP: BHOT and TV modes are too bright and unusable.

4. CCRP bomb fall line does not line up in HUD and no drop cue or timer.

P.S. Please add key bind for ejection safety lever.

i agree, the hud is very difficult to see now, the quality of the video on the TGP is terrible. same observations about bhot and whot. i noticed the same thing on the hornet as well yesterday. the flir quality was not nearly as good as it was.

Must assume Grip Reapers reported such issues but released anyway ?

Before or after charging ED for the privilege? :P

Can confirm all of the above issues.

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.4GHz (Turbo's to 4.0GHz) ¦ x2 8GB Gskill Trident Z DDR4-3000 ¦EVGA GTX 1070 ¦ Asus prime X370-Pro ATX AM4 ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog ¦ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals ¦ Track IR

FC3 ¦ F5 ¦ M2000C ¦ AV8B ¦ A10C ¦ F18C ¦ F16C ¦ SA432 ¦ UH1H ¦ MI8 ¦ KA50 ¦ NEVADA ¦ CAUCASUS ¦ PERSIAN GULF ¦ NORMANDY ¦ Supercarrier |

Wish List:

RAF Tornado GR4

RAF CH-47 Chinook Mk6

RAF Hawker Typhoon (Warbird)

http://www.twitch.tv/uncappingbadger

"1. HUD and HMD brightness is very low at max brightness. It's virtually impossible to see against light backgrounds.

2. Radar Antennae elevation controls do not work. Keyboard or bound.

3. New Steerpoints show HUD symbology and are usable by the autopilot. Preset steerpoints show no HUD symbology and are not steerable by the autopilot.

4. TGP designation vs CCRP target is ~100 yards offset. Point track on the TGP does not correspond to the actual ground targeted location for the CCRP cues. Possibly using the wrong altitude for the coordinates?"

+1

Edited by Briggz

Just had a little flight and yes, I also get all of the above issues. So annoying, got a flight planned tonight but won't be able to now.

Is it possible to roll back to previous patch?

Yes it is, or fly on the Stable.

I haven't updated the Open Beta yet, but how the hell this:

DCS F-16C by ED

Added ability to create new waypoints.

Low altitude, Low fuel, High speed wobbling - fixed

can cause everything listed in this post....amazing

Edited by Steph21

Well I dunno, I continue to believe the weak link is lack of beta testers. From a virtual point of view via BMS I know the F16C quite well and have offered my help in testing but it always falls upon deaf ears.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.