Cannot complete mission 5-8

Hello

First of all, I think this is best huey campaign (compared to UN Pilot and Argo) because of the athmosphere, things happening around you, design complexity and funny door gunners. Thank you very much!

After 4 perfect missions, however, I face difficulties completing mission 5-8. I am fine with the level of difficulty reg. piloting skills, problems are other reasons see below. Mission 5-6 is feedback only, Mission 7-8 it seems to me more like a design bug.

Mission 5-1

Helo often destroyed with a single shot when debarking second group on mountain top (skipped after 4 attemps)

Mission 5-2

Mixed up triggers when flying around the convoy, not clear what to do / wait for (skipped after 3 attemps)

Mission 6

Navigation guidance unclear once off course, e.g. leaving the main valley to approach landing zone and after dropping smoke. (skipped after 3 attemps)

Mission 7

AI of patrol boats far superior than my door gunners (often shot down). Car bomb trigger only activated once. Mortar shells always destroys helo on ground, no change to survive (skipped after 9 attemps)

Mission 8

Mission ends immediately with message "Pilot dead, Red wins" without a cause after approx. 3 minutes when Apaches land. Cannot fly the mission. (skipped)

Hello

First of all, I think this is best huey campaign (compared to UN Pilot and Argo) because of the athmosphere, things happening around you, design complexity and funny door gunners. Thank you very much!

After 4 perfect missions, however, I face difficulties completing mission 5-8. I am fine with the level of difficulty reg. piloting skills, problems are other reasons see below. Mission 5-6 is feedback only, Mission 7-8 it seems to me more like a design bug.

Mission 5-1

Helo often destroyed with a single shot when debarking second group on mountain top (skipped after 4 attemps)

Mission 5-2

Mixed up triggers when flying around the convoy, not clear what to do / wait for (skipped after 3 attemps)

Mission 6

Navigation guidance unclear once off course, e.g. leaving the main valley to approach landing zone and after dropping smoke. (skipped after 3 attemps)

Mission 7

AI of patrol boats far superior than my door gunners (often shot down). Car bomb trigger only activated once. Mortar shells always destroys helo on ground, no change to survive (skipped after 9 attemps)

Mission 8

Mission ends immediately with message "Pilot dead, Red wins" without a cause after approx. 3 minutes when Apaches land. Cannot fly the mission. (skipped)

Thanks for your impressions :thumbup:

The Problem in Mission 8 is a known issue with the beta :cry:

Mission 5-1 is usually a KA-50 bringing you down. This is a timing problem. You have to go through the tasks as quickly as possible.

For Mission 5-2 is already a video available

For Mission 6 you find navigation guidance on the kneeboard or on the DISCORD

Mission 7

don't get to close to the boats and vary your course and altitude. There are some changes in DCS concerning the destructiveness of the Huey Gunns and I need to check that out.

During testing, you get killed 1 out of 10 by mortars on the ground. I need to check that again but I believe it is also a timing issue. When approaching the airfield do not waste any time and land as fas as practicable.

Always happy landings ;)

I can confirm the problem in Mission 8. We work on a quick solution.:book:

The problem with the crashing AI exists in the stable version also but has no effect on the Mission itself. :music_whistling:

We provide a new version for an update to ED over the weekend. With a little bit luck it will be in the next open Beta Update.:thumbup:

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

Wow, thanks a lot for the helpful answers. Highly appreciated.

Reg. Mission 7: After several attemps, I really don't waste time anymore, believe me :joystick:

To be precise, made it 4 times to X-field and got hit by mortar always, so 4/4. Even tried to land on the far left / right side of the LZ. Maybe just bad luck?

Looking forward to the summer campaign. Thanks again, keep up the work

Wow, thanks a lot for the helpful answers. Highly appreciated.

Reg. Mission 7: After several attemps, I really don't waste time anymore, believe me :joystick:

To be precise, made it 4 times to X-field and got hit by mortar always, so 4/4. Even tried to land on the far left / right side of the LZ. Maybe just bad luck?

Looking forward to the summer campaign. Thanks again, keep up the work

Check that already. Maybe there is a change in weapons impact.

Always happy landings ;)

Today we send a Version of Mission 8 where the mission continues even when the AI Helo crashes.

So ED will fix the core AI problem or update the new version of the mission soon.:thumbup:

We really appreciate your patience :wallbash:

Ther are a lot of new things coming up and they work and improve a lot. But you can't make an omelet without breaking eggs :cry:

Always happy landings ;)

Today we send a Version of Mission 8 where the mission continues even when the AI Helo crashes.

So ED will fix the core AI problem or update the new version of the mission soon.:thumbup:

Mission 8 update is not listed in today's update list.:huh:

Mission 8 Russian frigate Minsk is missing... the burning ship is there, the speedboats are there, the Mi-8 is there, the US frigate is there, but no Minsk...i am on beta, the initial issue with the mission ends right after the start seems to be fixed

Mission 8 Russian frigate Minsk is missing... the burning ship is there, the speedboats are there, the Mi-8 is there, the US frigate is there, but no Minsk...i am on beta, the initial issue with the mission ends right after the start seems to be fixed

Tanks for the report. I check that out tomorrow.

DCS is actually unreliable because of all the changes.

Which is first of all a good thing when they working on the core. :smilewink:

Always happy landings ;)

Quick update, checked the mission again, the Minsk is actually there, but it is under water ....

:cry: seems somebody nailed a picture of Vladimir on the wall there :music_whistling:

Always happy landings ;)

• 4 weeks later...
I am running on stable, and mission 8 is still ending the mission after about three minutes. Has this been fixed in beta?

Thanks!

With the last update, all the issues from the Beta transferred to the stable. :cry:

You need the stable version 2.5.5.41371 that is the last version running without issues concerning the campaign. :music_whistling:

Sorry about that, but I hope there will be a lot of issues fixed in the next Beta update.

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Mission 8 ist fixed in the latest update.

Mission 4 has still a wayfinding issue, that is fixed internally today, by adding and moving waypoints. Shud be part of the next update.

In Mission 6 we set the KA-50 to weapons hold, so there is no more danger from that side.

(I will make that an option in a further update)

Always happy landings ;)

• 5 weeks later...
Completed mission 8 twice and got mission success. But when starting next mission it just restarts mission 8 again. Not running beta. Any help would be appreciated. Love this campaign so far hate that it won’t proceed to mission 9

This was our fault, missing some unintended behavior of the mission editor. The problem is already fixed and the solution will be part of the update coming next week.

Always happy landings ;)

This was our fault, missing some unintended behavior of the mission editor. The problem is already fixed and the solution will be part of the update coming next week.

Awesome Thanks for the update, looking forward to continuing on. Hopefully there are some more campaigns up and coming. Love my uh-1. Keep up the good work.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, "next week" has been and gone. Was there an update that I missed? I'm still perpetually stuck on 8 after yesterday (and the day before).

Oh well, at least I'm getting practice in my precision landings.

:smilewink: DCS 2.5.6.53756 Open Beta 2020-08-18

The fix was in that update. At least they updated mission eight according to the changelog.

I will go into it again and check the updates mission file. :smilewink:

Always happy landings ;)

• 4 months later...

As for me, the first time I land on the Minsk, the left skid is broken. And I'm not doing a hard landing, piloting skills are not a problem for me in this helicoptere. 

The second time I land on the Minsk, the second skid gets broken. I have to finish the mission without skids so I haven't succedded yet but I think it will be OK the next time if I'm a bit lucky (rear rotor not being broken after a landing, etc...)

DCS Beta.

Is it a bug ?

EDIT : disregard, I had to land very VERY VERRYYYYYYYY carefully, more than usual...

Edited by alboon2000

It is at least unusual. 
Not experienced any problem with ship landing. But I didn't perform one after the last updates. So let's see if others have the same issue. I try this as well as soon as possible.
There will be no update before the change to 2.7 anyway. So let's hope it is solved then and not too many other problems popping up.  :idea:

Always happy landings ;)