PMed you cyberadje.

I am currently on a business trip and because of the coronavirus situation my supply lines are pretty much cut off right now. I have a few CH sensors still in stock, but overall everything else is sold out and I can't tell you when I get my next PCB shipments. (CH upgrade mainboards e.g.) There is also a shipment of Cougar cables stuck in Hong Kong, so I can't make these sensors currently.. It's annoying, but I can't do much about it.

Edited by rel4y

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Ok. Was waiting for a reply myself. I'll check in now and then to see if things have changed. Or, if I could bother you, I'd appreciate you notifying me rel4y. I'd also love to get some feedback on what I asked about in the mail, whenever you have the time. Won't post the address here obviously, but my first name and surname starts with CH ;)

My system:

Win 10, Amd Ryzen 3700@stock GTX1080 Ti, 34" Asus G-sync ultrawide monitor, Ipad Air, 32 gigs of 3600 ram, complete CH HOTAS setup, Oculus Rift CV1/Trackir5 and a Saitek Quadrant

Been simming since the Commodore 64. A few million polygons ago.

• 3 weeks later...
Any news?

Yes, the entire world is in a pandemic.

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 551.76 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3374 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently on a business trip and because of the coronavirus situation my supply lines are pretty much cut off right now.

Hi Rel4y, sent an email, looking for the Cougar mod X Y Z sensors.

If and when available, could you give me a shout out?

Thanks!

*really need my Cougar in theses pandemic times. Pandemic may be over before I get my Cougar up and running... dang!!!

• 1 month later...

I am still around, but doing business is very hard currently. I am not allowed to ship outside of the EU and the mail service refuses to tell me when it may be possible again to do so. I cant get the hall ICs procured for the Cougar Throttle analog hall sensor, Farnell gives me a shipping date of 19.10.20... So supply lines are absolutely messed up. I also cant get hold of some parts for the CH upgrade mainboards.. Its just no fun at the moment.

What I do have in stock and can deliver within the EU only are:

-Cougar Stick MR sensors

-Cougar Throttle USB standalone adapters + 14 Bit digital sensors

-CH sensors

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

Hi Rel4y!

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback!

I'm glad that you're ok in these dire times! That's the most important!

Take care and everything else will return back to normality

(with the addition of the updated "FCC3"... ;) ), eventually...

It's been a tough time, still waiting for the ferry to operate so I can go back home, been stuck here since December so I know how frustrating it can be.

I would be delighted to purchase one of your TM Cougar kits off of you email incoming.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Hi Rel4y,

I'd like that. Mail sent.

Cheers, Scuby

| AMD RYZEN 5900X | INNO3D RTX 4080 ICHILL | G.SKILL 3200-C14 32GB | ASUS X570-E GAMING | LG 27GP850 2K/QHD |
| TM HOTAS COUGAR | VPC WARBRD BASE | MFG CROSSWIND V2 | G.TRIX JETSEAT KW908 | HP REVERB G2 |

YouTube: ScubyFlying

TM Cougar Throttle standalone USB adapter + digital contacless 14 Bit GMR sensor

I also have made a USB standalone adapter for the Cougar with a high res 14 Bit GMR TLE5011 digital sensor on the Throttle axis. This one is similar to the TUSBA, but half the price and with an added extension bay that supports extra shift registers, encoders, buttons, analog and digital axis. You can buy the USB standalone adapter without the new digital sensor and simply keep using the original pot. However you can not use the digital sensor without the USB adapter, as it communicates via a digital 6 pin serial protocol. I have been selling these on the german Craigslist/ ebay since April 2018 and people were really enthusiastic about their performance. Click here for a more extensive description. (link translated with google)

Price is 30€ for the adapter and 20€ for the sensor + 7€ tracked & insured international shipping (obviously not necessary if combined with the sensor kit above)

Sorry if asked before, but does this mod completely replace the Cougar throttle PCB? Or is the old PCB still needed for this to work?

I'm asking this because I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that this mod can't be used on the older type (first version) Cougar throttle PCB's, which I have. Or was that only the case with the TUSBA mod?

I have two Cougar stick bases, but both of them seem to have broken PCB's, because whatever I try, I keep getting erratic output. Would be great if I could use this USB standalone adapter on my throttle, so that I don't need the broken stick base.

Edit:

I thought I'd contact rel4y through Ebay directly (the link he included in the post I quoted above), but the linked page is giving me errors. I can't seem to login there, or sent a message. Not sure what sort of page it is, Google, Ebay? It does seem linked to Ebay in some sort of way. Maybe it's the google translation messing things up

Is there a direct link to ebay for these parts?

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Sorry if asked before, but does this mod completely replace the Cougar throttle PCB? Or is the old PCB still needed for this to work?

I'm asking this because I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that this mod can't be used on the older type (first version) Cougar throttle PCB's, which I have. Or was that only the case with the TUSBA mod?

I have two Cougar stick bases, but both of them seem to have broken PCB's, because whatever I try, I keep getting erratic output. Would be great if I could use this USB standalone adapter on my throttle, so that I don't need the broken stick base.

Edit:

I thought I'd contact rel4y through Ebay directly (the link he included in the post I quoted above), but the linked page is giving me errors. I can't seem to login there, or sent a message. Not sure what sort of page it is, Google, Ebay? It does seem linked to Ebay in some sort of way. Maybe it's the google translation messing things up

Is there a direct link to ebay for these parts?

For the USB standalone adapter you will only need the Throttle PCB, but this PCB is "dumb". This means there are no active elements on it, only a bunch of diodes and resistors. The USB standalone adapter + digital GMR sensor will work with both the older 3.8V and newer 5V throttle mainboard! So by getting this option you will not have to worry about your boardtype at all. The USB adapter is volatge supplied via USB and has its own internal 5V voltage regulator, which then also powers the digital GMR sensor.

I also have a USB upgrade mainbaord for the stick base ready. It will be based on a 32 Bit ARM processor and will read out 12 Bit resolution on the axes. The layout is done, but due to the current virus situation I cant get it manufactured under reasonable terms. Though this erratoc output points very much to old and broken pots on the X and Y axis. I had the very same problem and thats the whole reason I developed my stick sensors. I think the fix to your solution will be X and Y axis sensor replacement. Have a look at my opening post in this thread, there you will find my MR stick sensors. :)

Ebay Kleinanzeigen is something like a German Craigslist. Most likely google translate will mess up the links on that page. But in the first post I listed my email several times over which I process orders: mtwsims@tutamail.com

Hope that clears things up! :)

Edited by rel4y

Thanks rel4y, that answered my questions :thumbup:

I think my old Cougar base has some sort of earthing issue, as Cougar Control Panel indicates that all buttons are pretty much pressed at once. Aside from that the axis outputs go all over the place and I can't get the thing properly calibrated. Some untouched axes respond when giving inputs to another axis. I tried everything I could think of and find (already tried hall sensors, flashed to latest version, tried everything CCP has to offer in terms of calibration), but tbh I'm kinda fed trying to get it to work.. It costs so much of my precious time and starts getting on my nerves. So I give up on it. Maybe if your mainboard upgrade is ready, I'll give that a go.

For now I'd be happy to at least get my throttle to work properly (all axis and buttons work, it's just my stick base that messes things up now). I'll sent you an email :thumbup:

oh one more thing.. Will I still need CCP after this mod? Or will all axis and buttons be recognized in DCS and can I bind keys there?

If possible I'd prefer to ditch the crappy old fashioned Cougar software all together (after all issues I started to hate CCP)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thanks rel4y, that answered my questions :thumbup:

I think my old Cougar base has some sort of earthing issue, as Cougar Control Panel indicates that all buttons are pretty much pressed at once. Aside from that the axis outputs go all over the place and I can't get the thing properly calibrated. Some untouched axes respond when giving inputs to another axis. I tried everything I could think of and find (already tried hall sensors, flashed to latest version, tried everything CCP has to offer in terms of calibration), but tbh I'm kinda fed trying to get it to work.. It costs so much of my precious time and starts getting on my nerves. So I give up on it. Maybe if your mainboard upgrade is ready, I'll give that a go.

For now I'd be happy to at least get my throttle to work properly (all axis and buttons work, it's just my stick base that messes things up now). I'll sent you an email :thumbup:

oh one more thing.. Will I still need CCP after this mod? Or will all axis and buttons be recognized in DCS and can I bind keys there?

If possible I'd prefer to ditch the crappy old fashioned Cougar software all together (after all issues I started to hate CCP)

Ah, OK. Yes, that sounds like a more severe issue then. No you wot need CCP/ FOXY anymore with the USB adapter. It makes the device dxinput compatible and all axes + buttons will be recognized normally within DCS. The calibration will be done over MMJoy and I will attach a PDF manual on installation/ calibration.

Excellent!

Email order sent :)

System specs:

• 2 weeks later...
For the USB standalone adapter you will only need the Throttle PCB, but this PCB is "dumb". This means there are no active elements on it, only a bunch of diodes and resistors. The USB standalone adapter + digital GMR sensor will work with both the older 3.8V and newer 5V throttle mainboard! So by getting this option you will not have to worry about your boardtype at all. The USB adapter is volatge supplied via USB and has its own internal 5V voltage regulator, which then also powers the digital GMR sensor.

I also have a USB upgrade mainbaord for the stick base ready. It will be based on a 32 Bit ARM processor and will read out 12 Bit resolution on the axes. The layout is done, but due to the current virus situation I cant get it manufactured under reasonable terms. Though this erratoc output points very much to old and broken pots on the X and Y axis. I had the very same problem and thats the whole reason I developed my stick sensors. I think the fix to your solution will be X and Y axis sensor replacement. Have a look at my opening post in this thread, there you will find my MR stick sensors. :)

Ebay Kleinanzeigen is something like a German Craigslist. Most likely google translate will mess up the links on that page. But in the first post I listed my email several times over which I process orders: mtwsims@tutamail.com

Hope that clears things up! :)

Package received and installed

Easy peasy! The new sensor is working great! :thumbup:

Should have done this ages ago. My Cougar throttle that feels like new now. Thanks rel4y! :worthy:

Very happy customer here

System specs:

I am still around, but doing business is very hard currently. I am not allowed to ship outside of the EU and the mail service refuses to tell me when it may be possible again to do so. I cant get the hall ICs procured for the Cougar Throttle analog hall sensor, Farnell gives me a shipping date of 19.10.20... So supply lines are absolutely messed up. I also cant get hold of some parts for the CH upgrade mainboards.. Its just no fun at the moment.

-Cougar Stick MR sensors

-CH sensors

I'll be ordering some CH sensors when shopping to the US opens up again. You do great work!

Sent from my ASUS_I01WDX using Tapatalk

Thanks, sirrah and bones1014!

As per request I have just added a few MMJoy2 TLE5011 / TLE5010 sensor PCB options to OSH Park free to use for all you DIY guys. Type B and C have the same borehole spacing as GVL MagRez and RAMS sensors. smile.gif

v2: 30mm borehole distance, 2.54mm pitch header pin connector

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/DSH0FhMU

ver B: 34,4mm borehole distance, 2.54mm pitch header pin connector

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/QlLrcnAk

ver C: 34,4mm borehole distance, 1.25mm pitch connector

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/z9ofDZsD

Edited by rel4y