Chuck where are you?

*Rage*

First, I love the Harrier. Even though I have no idea what im doing it feels great.

But I needs a Chuck's guide...

Sadly I believe he’s busy with RL until next year, I’m afraid we might have to cope with this one on our own. However I can’t disagree, Chucks guides are the best in the business.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

We, unworthy peasants, beseech you, Chuck, the guide of the gods, to sprinkle your bite-sized wisdom into our domain, so that we may lead our flock of harriers to rabbit-infested farmlands.

On the same note though, anyone got good tutorial videos for weapon deployment? Flying and simple methods (HUD CCIP bombing, Sidearm, rockets) is easy enough, but I haven't got half a clue of how to operate the targeting cameras or the mavericks. Managed to be able to enable slewing on the DMT once, that's about it, and don't even remember how.

Here is a nice one with the Mavs:

9jCh5a2TAGA

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Sadly I believe he’s busy with RL until next year, I’m afraid we might have to cope with this one on our own. However I can’t disagree, Chucks guides are the best in the business.

Cowboy10uk

Yup, I recall him saying exactly this 2-4 weeks back. Sad, but true...we are on our own on this one.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Chucks guides are the best in the business.

Cowboy10uk

indeed they are! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hey guys,

My current work schedule is a bit crazy at the moment, so I honestly haven't had time to spend on the Harrier guide or DCS at all. When things start to cool down a bit, I'll start to work on it.

Sorry about that, but you'll have to rely on Razbam's Pocket Guide and youtube tutorials for now.

Chuck

Hey Charly, that's sad to hear on both counts ( no guide for a while and your work life balance! ).

All the best with both! Your guides have always been a great read and I thank you for the past ones and look forward to your future ones :)

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Hi All

Until Chuck completes one of his brilliant guides for the Harrier may i suggest what i managed to do as an interim solution, go to RAZBAMs site and click on the Downloads Tab there you will find a user manual for their Harrier GR7/9, this is for another flight simulator but covers most of the items on the DCS Harrier as the GR7/9 and AV8B are essentially the same aircraft. Hope this helps I am in the middle of checking My Harrier against this manual as I write this. Hopefully this combined with the already published pocket book should keep us going for a while.

Chilliblast, ASUS P8-Z77-V Pro, I7 3770K@3-5GHz, 16GB Corsair PC-3 12800 DDR3 @1600MHz, MSi GTX 1080 8GB, Creative SBZ, Logitech LT Z906 5.1, ASUS 24"Monitor 1080 60Hz,120GB SSD, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, Corsair CX 750W PSu, Win 10 Home Prem 64bit, TM Warthog, TM T Flight Pedals. Track IR, Occulus Rift S, Black Shark SA, DCS A-10C SA, All DCS Current Aircraft Modules, DCS 2.5 Stable and Beta.

• 2 months later...

Lost, lost without your superb guides.....

• Like 1

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

They are trully great but they are just stripped and copy/pasted from official guides which anyone can find in every module Docs folder...

That is a bit unfair! Procedures from manuel + pictures from chuck = clear understanding. If I struggle with something I open a Chuck guide, it's faster, it's straight to the point.

Prend ton temps mais fait ca vite :cold:... LG34''21:9 Asus 23''monitors Intel i7-4590 EVGA 1070 Superclocked Gskills 4x4G RAM Fatal1ty AsRock Z97 killer motherboard in a HAF black box with 4 CH products plug in and logitech G510, F310, M510 and M570 plus trackIR 5!

That is a bit unfair! Procedures from manuel + pictures from chuck = clear understanding. If I struggle with something I open a Chuck guide, it's faster, it's treight to the point.

I'm not negating it's stright to the point. I'm just saying that's the same content cut from official guide. It get's much work to cut this if someone likes it. I like official guides more:thumbup:

They are trully great but they are just stripped and copy/pasted from official guides which anyone can find in every module Docs folder...

IMO your comment is not very accurate, Chuck’s guides are a fast, simple and direct way to refresh someone when going from one module to another, or when retaking one after a long period of time or a perfect way to start learning a module and when you master the basics the you turn to the full manual. With his guides you have 20 pages or so to look for that procedure that you might have forgotten not the 600 pages of the manual.

Conclusion: his guides are the perfect complement to the manual.

Edited by rajdary

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

IMO your comment is not very accurate, Chuck’s guides are a fast, simple and direct way to refresh someone when going from one module to another, or when retaking one after a long period of time or a perfect way to start learning a module and when you master the basics the you turn to the full manual. With his guides you have 20 pages or so to look for that procedure that you might have forgotten not the 600 pages of the manual.

Conclusion his guides are the perfect complement to the manual.

So my comment was very accurate:)

So my comment was very accurate:)

The pics and comments are all his own, he hasnt copied and pasted them from the manual:smilewink:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not. Some pictures are re-used, granted, but most of the checklists are stripped down and re-done from scratch for clarity. If you look at my FSX/P3D guides on Mudspike for the 737, A320 and the Q400, you'll see that the procedure is done system by system to facilitate learning and condense/structure the learning process instead of following flows.

OK i like it too, so i won't debate on how much is done by chuck and how much is from official manuals. We all benefit from his work:thumbup:

FYI most of what I use is taken from the real flight manuals, FCOMs, NATOPS and what not, not the dev guides.

It's definitely not a copy-paste of the dev official documents... or else it would take me mere minutes to do, not months.

Plus, I cross-check the dev documentation, youtube videos, flight manuals and ask around flight simulation forums for details that may not be in the doc. And most of the time, the official dev manuals are incomplete themselves and some tutorials need to be researched from other sources (i.e. MiG-15 guide back in the days where all we had was a russian 20-page long quick guide and a russian FCOM written in cyrillic).

The process is thankless, long, and tedious.

EBCrx8N.jpg

Edited by Charly_Owl
  • Like 2

--snippage--

The process is thankless, long, and tedious.

which is why I keep asking you to put a Paypal donate link on your page. I'm sure many of us would be more than happy to contribute to your hard work. You won't get rich over it, but I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy a beer or two!

And as always, Thank you! Whenever I put a Wireshark video up, it takes *way* more time processing it than just recording it. And I don't even have to put it out on paper!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

which is why I keep asking you to put a Paypal donate link on your page. I'm sure many of us would be more than happy to contribute to your hard work. You won't get rich over it, but I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy a beer or two!

Not a good idea unless you check with ED and get permission. Asking for donations for DCS-related work is a violation of the EULA, and it could get you kicked off the forums if you're unlucky. Nobody wants that to happen.