Server hosting

Hello guys.

I hope I am at right place.

Now, I want to host a game for a couple of friends, nothing special, just simple mission for practice.

Nowm what I do need to have enabled on my PC (network wise) to be able to host game and that my friends can join in.

I am aware of need for powerfull PC, but I wanted to check cant I at least host simple missions.

So what I need is Firewall settings, network settings. maybe even router (modem) settings and things like that.

We tried it last night and my friends usually got kicked out to main server selection screen.

All help is apreciated.

First of all, you need a public IP. Some ISP puts their users in a NAT network due to the lack of available IP4 address. That's mean that ISP can share the same public IP address within multiple users.

You can check HERE, if shows your approximate position, you should have a public IP ( Note this IP number for further troubleshooting )

Second step is to make sure that your router is going to forward all incoming connection on DCS port to you computer, that's mean you have to login in the router web page, and setup the appropriate rules.

Every Router Brand call it in different way: NAT, port forward, services etc.. Tell us your modem/router model and we can help you on that!

Last step is to make sure firewall software on your computer should allow the dcs connection.

On windows firewall it's pretty simple, search the advanced windows firewall settings, select inbound rules, then on the right side select new rules.

Select Port, then specify TCP and the port number ( default is 10308 ), allow on each network connection type, private, domain and public, give a name, and save.

Then repeat these step and select UDP, and save thees rule.

Try and let us know if you have a problem with a specific step.

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Ok guys I figured it out (how to enter port forwarding)

SO I added same 10308 port to TCP and UDP and it worked like a charm.

Even my PC handled nicely 4 planes...:thumbup:

..and some targets...cool

Yeah, Happy flying and keep prepared for the upcoming multicrew F-14 experience! :joystick:

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 4 weeks later...
Can this expose ones personal computer to attack if hosting from it?

You would need malicious software installed on your PC and listening to that port .. not likely.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB