Multiplayer liveries?

Nascar

Where do I put the user liveries so they are available for me to select in multiplayer? I put them in Bazar/liveries, coremods and saved games and I don't see my UH-1 liveries in the refuel rearm drop down on the Through The Inferno server. Is it a server thing or what?

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

Where do I put the user liveries so they are available for me to select in multiplayer? I put them in Bazar/liveries, coremods and saved games and I don't see my UH-1 liveries in the refuel rearm drop down on the Through The Inferno server. Is it a server thing or what?

Try the single player mission to check if the liveries is correctly installed.

If they are installed, it can depend on two things:

• Server deny skin change

• You liveries doesn't match the coalition of the multiplayer slot

Remember, only you or other people with the same liveries installed can see your custom liveries, all the other people will see you with default liveries.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Not sure but I assume its the same as the F18, which go here:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\FA-18C_hornet\Whatever you want to call the skin. Example

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Liveries\FA-18C_hornet\RCAF - Bonedust

You can have many many skins by putting them in their own folder as above and changing the description.lua file at the bottom of the script to reflect where the files are example:

name = "RCAF - Bonedust"

countries = {"USA",}

Edited by BoneDust

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

The server does not need to have the skins installed. Only the clients. Now if the people you are flying with do not have the skins you are using on their computer, they won't see the said skins but rather a default one chosen by the game.

So for everyone to fly and see the same skins, all of the clients must have those skins installed.

• 1 month later...
Is there any way to make that the server rejects any player that does not have the required skins as it hapens when you do not have the appropiate Mods?

For sure not with the current code! I'm also dreaming about a code refactoring where server can "push" Liveries to client. Obviously server has a tons of stuff to do but also have normally a lot of spare upload bandwidth, asynchronous upload to client of this stuff will be awesome!

Some games server already has similar behavior, but for DCS requires a lot of "coding" stuff, since actually I believe there is no asynchronous capabilities at all in the actual DCS "server".

Look for example how all player are affected by "LAGs" when a new player join a Multiplayer session, It's seams that all client are waiting that the server finish to push mission to that specific new client. This effects are more noticeable with large mission files and slow internet speed of the new clients, that's why I suppose is not working in the magic asynchronous style!

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

• 3 months later...
For sure not with the current code! I'm also dreaming about a code refactoring where server can "push" Liveries to client. Obviously server has a tons of stuff to do but also have normally a lot of spare upload bandwidth, asynchronous upload to client of this stuff will be awesome!

Some games server already has similar behavior, but for DCS requires a lot of "coding" stuff, since actually I believe there is no asynchronous capabilities at all in the actual DCS "server".

Look for example how all player are affected by "LAGs" when a new player join a Multiplayer session, It's seams that all client are waiting that the server finish to push mission to that specific new client. This effects are more noticeable with large mission files and slow internet speed of the new clients, that's why I suppose is not working in the magic asynchronous style!

its probably not necessary for the server itself to push the livery. It simply sends a URL where the livery can be downloaded which may or may not be the same server. Then the only lag (from downloading) is at the client end.

the client end, in an ideal world would cache them, with perhaps a hash identifier (so even if the file name was different for another player, if the livery is the same then the hash will be the same), so they do not need to be downloaded again.

The problems come when you are already in the game, and a new player joins with a new skin. The easy way around it is your game downloads the skin but you will only see the default until you next restart DCS and that player or another joins with the same skin.

A further extrapolation of this would be the ability for MP servers to unlock liveries on a per user and/or per aircraft basis. This allows for the removal of the privilege for people who abuse it with say offensive skins, but also allow MP server operators to perhaps generate some income to run the server by having a paid system of allowing liveries for players.

the last thing i want is beeing forced to download liverys of other people, especialy if they are unnesessaryly in 8k or of questionable quality

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

the last thing i want is beeing forced to download liverys of other people, especialy if they are unnesessaryly in 8k or of questionable quality

Like other games, if you don't like the works done by specific server, you can simply delete that works and don't use that server again, like arma or everything else created with a decent mods support.

Don't want to download/have unnecessary stuff? don't join that server that choose to "push" that stuff.

The feature is certainly interesting, but I think we'll never going to have this on DCS :cry::cry: