LN maps

Slipp

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about a Bering/North Atlantic scenario for the AJS37. Wouldn't make much sense. I am really hoping for a Baltic region scenario for it and if I am not mistaken there has been rumours about such a map.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

The question is if the rumours are based on something other than it would seem logical as a theatre of operations for AJS-37 vs MiG-21, and the relative ease of constructing such a map?

I hope for more than just Gotland if such a map is made, with at least a bit of coast of Sweden and Estonia to use for basing. Since the baltic really isn't carrier-friendly unlike Iwo Jima. I for one wouldn't really want air-spawns and having two sides use airfields on the island won't make much sense.

The cost and difficulty to create such a map would however increase by a not insignificant amount I would suspect. It will be interesting to see their choice.

Also, there is a terrain editor video out there showing somebody working on a map including a town/village in the Lofoten region in northern Norway.

How can I find this video?

Thanks,

FB

Windows 7 Ult 64 Bit | Intel Core i5-3570 | 16GB DDR3-2133 | GTX 770

It could be one of the videos on Wags YouTube channel. However judging by the titles, those seem to be centered around the design of buildings, so it might not be.

The video showed someone editing shorelines on the map.

mmh couldn't find it, but I found this:

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

It is really very impressive what this engine is capable of!

Windows 7 Ult 64 Bit | Intel Core i5-3570 | 16GB DDR3-2133 | GTX 770

My only real question / concern is we're looking at at least 2 carrier borne assets in the near future that will cost X. DCS: Carrier is going to be a module and cost X. The new maps will cost X...

Now understand, if the Carrier module is as detailed as it looks...fine. But I'd hope a module that's mostly water is priced accordingly or the price of buying the Tomcat or F-18 is going to be a little beyond what I'm willing to shell out.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

My only real question / concern is we're looking at at least 2 carrier borne assets in the near future that will cost X. DCS: Carrier is going to be a module and cost X. The new maps will cost X...

Now understand, if the Carrier module is as detailed as it looks...fine. But I'd hope a module that's mostly water is priced accordingly or the price of buying the Tomcat or F-18 is going to be a little beyond what I'm willing to shell out.

You raise a valid point.

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

I rode along for one of my squadrons missions close to Tromso. Magnificent coastline up that way, but a long flight from Keflavik.

Toten

Tiger-Spit-Viggen-Fishbed-Sabre-Dora-Kurfurst-Mustang-Huey-Warthog-Hip-Black Shark Driver (Not necessarily in that order)

MSI 970A-G40 MoBo, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, Patriot Viper 24 GB DDR3, Nvidia Ge Force 1060 3 GB GPU