Leatherneck MiG-23 Flogger

phant

Leatherneck MiG-23 Flogger  

1010 members have voted

1. 1. Leatherneck MiG-23 Flogger

• Yes, absolutely: i want it!
    • No, i'm wait for next Leatherneck's projects annoucements

An F-14 module but only coming with an IRAF version and no provision for carrier ops.

Would people expect the Mig-23 to be an export version or the best version.

This is also relevant to the Mig-21 module. It is a great module but is it missing one of it's principal modes of operation. I use the example of the F-14 so that you see the parallels. It isn't technically wrong to do this ... but it is not what is expected. Many DCS modules receive updates ... perhaps it is just a matter of time.

ummm leatherneck states on thier web site that carrier operations will be available for the F14a/b......

so clearly US navy variants are the ones coming not the one that was in use by Iran.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummm leatherneck states on thier web site that carrier operations will be available for the F14a/b......

so clearly US navy variants are the ones coming not the one that was in use by Iran.

Nice catch. So no fictitious and weird campaign for the Leatherneck American project. Really interesting, this clarify the true.

ED and Belsimteck will make the Mig-23, is the best we can expect with this view. No more tricky situation for the Russian hardware!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reality demonstrates otherwise with numerous MiG vs. MiG engagements. This is to be expected when an aircraft is as ubiquitous and prolific as the MiG-21. And the engagement in the Leatherneck campaign is between fictional nations. And it's also the most accurately modeled and detail representation of the aircraft, to date. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Leatherneck doing any aircraft should be welcomed, full stop. A Leatherneck MiG-23 would be a superior module, if the -21 is to go by.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Reality demonstrates otherwise with numerous MiG vs. MiG engagements. This is to be expected when an aircraft is as ubiquitous and prolific as the MiG-21. And the engagement in the Leatherneck campaign is between fictional nations. And it's also the most accurately modeled and detail representation of the aircraft, to date.

look. This situation Mig vs Mig only happen one time when Cubans DAAFAR Mig-21 supported the Ethiopian against Somalia. After this never had happen a similar situation.

I don't care in which part you gone put the Mig-23 or whatever Russian hardware, but if you do in a simulator scenery, this should be with his tactic was made for, with the side was made for and against the hardware was made for.

before someone mentioned this a simulator, and Cobra answer this is not.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2561943&postcount=179

All right...

We will see how is designed the free campaign for the Tomcat. there gone be the answer about the game view of Leatherneck for certain military hardware.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

look. This situation Mig vs Mig only happen one time when Cubans DAAFAR Mig-21 supported the Ethiopian against Somalia. After this never had happen a similar situation.

I don't care in which part you gone put the Mig-23 or whatever Russian hardware, but if you do in a simulator scenery, this should be with his tactic was made for, with the side was made for and against the hardware was made for.

All right...

We will see how is designed the free campaign for the Tomcat. there gone be the answer about the game view of Leatherneck for certain military hardware.

Your anger over this seems way out of proportion to it's importance.

All right...

It's a game, not a simulator. LNS should make a MiG-23, because of their clear expertise. They're going to pick a specific model and stick with it. Would you rather another group, say, VEAO, make a MiG-23? Either way, it's going to be fighting against russian hardware in MP/SP as well anyways. If you think that's unrealistic, you should see the Egyptian Air Forces' lineup of aircraft.

Couple of quick things, if you are using DCS to train for real combat in which you will use a MiG-23 or MiG-21Bis - then call it a simulator (and I might need to notify the authorities - what's your address again? :)). Otherwise, it is for entertainment and therefore a game, that is not debatable.

We are all here because we want a VERY REALISTIC game, thats what I love about DCS.

I suspect this campaign scenario was created to give the MiG-21 a place in a post-2010 conflict, because thats what the Black Sea map offers. They did not have the option to do a new map or era...because thats DCS 2.0.

Leatherneck is currently the only developer that is planning EXACTLY what you asked for - optimized missions with the right theater. Yet you are railing against them in spite of this. Why are you biting the hand that feeds you?

Finally, the active duty MiG-21 Pilot on their development team knows the tactics...please show some respect.

Back to the original question: I would LOVE a Leatherneck MiG-23 and I have zero reservations about it's quality or content. But, please finish the Tomcat first.:D

It might even come with a Map for ideal 1970s-80s Soviet MiG-23 scenarios (well...maybe not after this thread).

-Nick

Edited by BlackLion213

And, again, you'd be incorrect.

At least two MiG-23s were scored by MiG-21MFs; one in the Libyan-Egyptian War of 1977 and one in 1979. In the 1971 Indo-Pakistani War, Indian MiGs accounted for two MiG-19 (F-6) kills. to this day, Fishbeds in Indian and Pakistani service are potential opponents for one another. In 1999, Ethiopian Su-27s accounted for at least two Eritrean MiG-29s.

Aircraft lack national loyalties; only the person behind the stick has them.

If it bothers you this much, why not make your own campaign? The mission editor isn't that hard. It's quite easy, actually. Who knows, maybe it would end up like Enemy Within?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I'm sort of Torn on the Mig-23. On one hand its an interesting subject. On the other hand it has some severe limitations. It has a very small payload, it seems to have quite limited range and its only got a single engine.

So if one showed up I'd buy it and have fun with it. However if having the Mig-23 meant not having the Su-24 I'd rather have the Su-24.

BlackLion213,

Yeaah, all the pictures you posted desmostrate that 2 aircrafts can fly in formation. But the real thing is, without proper equipment, they cannot operate in the same strike package.

What's the diference between MiG-29A of the Luftstreitkräfte and MiG-29G of the Luftwaffe? Or between a Croatian MiG-21 BisD and a Romanian MiG-21 Bis (no Lancer)? NATO interoperability. Radios and IFF, VOR/TACAN in the technology side.

Without a minimum equipment (and procedures) any non NATO aircraft cannot interoperate with NATO systems.

Ahem...

n2949040-4543722.jpg

Current IRIAF line-up includes: F-14A, Su-24, MiG-29, F-4D/E, F-5E, Mirage F.1, MiG-21.

No capacity to operate together?

-Nick

124.5 MHz is 124.5 MHz. Who made the radio is rather unimportant if they are using unencrypted signals. TACAN is a navigation system, simply one of many. There is absolutely nothing stopping anyone from dropping a TACAN transmitter 1m away from an ARK transmitter, thus providing effectively the same beacon for two different radio navigation systems. And that's the non-technical version. You can certainly combine the two systems into a single device.

The only real limiting factor are the IFF systems. It's my understanding that those are encrypted and thus have to be built as transmitter/receiver pairs. But I could be mistaken on that, my knowledge on IFF systems is very limited. But that sort of limitation is restricted to hardcoded devices, anything even remotely modern with alterable programming is subject to a software update that can add additional encryption algorithms. Incidentally, encrypted radio transmissions can be dealt with the same way.

Back on topic, I'm still all for an LNS MiG-23. I'm not attached to LNS specifically doing it (BST would be fine too) but I would like to see it as a priority fixed wing (sort of) aircraft. If BST does it, I demand the Mi-24 and AH-1 first. Been waiting far too long for those. :cry:

Edited by King_Hrothgar

If BST does it, I demand the Mi-24 and AH-1 first. Been waiting far too long for those. :cry:

Count me in on that, as well.

Ahem...

n2949040-4543722.jpg

Current IRIAF line-up includes: F-14A, Su-24, MiG-29, F-4D/E, F-5E, Mirage F.1, MiG-21.

No capacity to operate together?

-Nick

I'd imagine there is a degree of difficulty in operation between those systems, but they still manage. However, I know that the Ali-cats have had extensive upgrades that allow them to utilize R-73s and R-27s. I wouldn't be surprised if they also possessed Russian or even domestic IFF.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL

Count me in on that, as well.

I'd imagine there is a degree of difficulty in operation between those systems, but they still manage. However, I know that the Ali-cats have had extensive upgrades that allow them to utilize R-73s and R-27s. I wouldn't be surprised if they also possessed Russian or even domestic IFF.

That's my point, they can manage. :)

-Nick