[NO BUG] Low Top Speed - No or Low Boost

ChuckIV

First, please lead me to the thread that may have already reported this bug. I searched but didn't find it as of yet.

Secondly, here's what's happening... At 24,000 feet altitude upon spawning, I notice that my boost gauge is at zero lbs. pressure. Pushing the boost lever back and forth has no affect, but I leave it in the max boost position anyway. I open my radiators manually and push the petal to the medal!!! Full throttle!! The RPM settles right at 3,000 RPM at level flight. The boost goes up slightly to 4 lbs. Oil pressure is 120 psi. Temps (oil and water) good. Fuel pump on.

Gear and flaps both up. :thumbup:

Finally, I take note of the speedometer - 240 knots. :huh: I know that when pressing the F10 map option, the speed is reported as slight higher than the gauge in the actual cockpit, but we are still WAY off top speed. I also notice the radiator flaps have not opened manually - never did open during the speed test.

According to the research online, the LF Mk IX is capable of so much more; 404 mph (650 km/h) at 21,000 ft (6,400 m) to be exact. This would be pretty close to 350 knots. I'd be thrilled with even 300 knots level flight. Do I need to install a big nitrous oxide bottle? :megalol:

OK, don't beat me up too much, I'm sure this was already reported right? Please guide me to the info - I'd appreciate it very much.

ChuckIV

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." Winston Churchill

SYSTEM:

Processor - Intel® Core i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz 3600MHz water-cooled

Installed memory (RAM) - 32.0 GB

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Windows 10 & DCS on SSD

Video Card - water-cooled NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Internet: Cable 200Mbps 12Mbps

240 kts IAS at 24000' is 355 kts True airspeed, but the ASI is in MPH

I got 280 MPH at 16 lb boost, which is 414 mph true airspeed.

Edited by Holbeach

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..