DCS: MiG-23MLA by RAZBAM

MrDieing

Its easy... Its because the F16 is a mass produced, widely exported, successful, and widely renowned lightweight multirole fighter, not just a 1 trick pony for intercepting bombers.

Its somewhat an analogy too why fewer people are going to desire an F102 over an F4.

Yeah I think a big "cool" factor for many people is if ones particular country flew it or not. The mig25 did see a bit of export, but mainly the recon version and in small anounts.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hey it got a Hornet. Real life precedence for fighting against fourth gen. And the RP-25 is supposedly a scaled up RP-23...has same IRST as the 23. The Beryoza is a perfect anti Fox 3 defense. I’m looking forward to the RBT mod even though it won’t have radar. Too bad none were exported to Cuba....

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Hey it got a Hornet. Real life precedence for fighting against fourth gen. And the RP-25 is supposedly a scaled up RP-23...has same IRST as the 23. The Beryoza is a perfect anti Fox 3 defense. I’m looking forward to the RBT mod even though it won’t have radar. Too bad none were exported to Cuba....

Yea a single hornet, and without any context doesnt mean much. I would assume most have actually read into the story, The mig25 simply had chance play in favour or it

that largely due to strict allied roe, and issues with awacs which allowed the mig to actually get such an opportunity.

The flight of Hornets had already detected the foxbat on thier rwr, followed shortly on thier radars. Roe restricted pilots from declaring an an aircraft hostile unless it could have final iff confirmation by awacs, of which they did not receive a response in time for, otherwise speicher and his flight would have been cleared hot to shoot down that aircraft, and thus averting the demise of speicher and his hornet, and at the same time claiming another aerial victory for the usn. The iraqi pilot had claimed he had locked the hornet up at a mere 20 nautical miles, and fired at 15.6 mm so well within reach of Hornets sparrows.

Realistically just because it did meet some IRL the the foxbat isnt really suited to facing gen 4.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Added a fictional skin for the MiG23 and removed an old skin.

The attentively user will recognise the teaser of another project in development (lower corner of the picture). I am sorry but a release date for that can't be proposed yet :) I think I shouzld finish my early acces projects first :D

283272003_Mig23fictionala7teaser.thumb.jpg.8ecdb32a3f23fbf5b967796cd8cffb5b.jpg

:pilotfly:

The truth is MiG-25s proved to be tougher opponents for F-15s than MiG-29s.

R-40 is big and has powerfully engine and Foxbat is fast and flies high, this are very natural advantages in air combat.

To be honest in 1v1 DCS MP scenario F/A-18 at 30000ft Ma1.3 against MiG-25 at 50000ft Ma2 i may prefer to be in Foxbat if I want to be sure I'll return home.

BTW: Foxbat from 1967 didn't have look down Doppler radar, only pulse, 1976 MiG-25 PD variant had.

Foxbat would be anything but boring, especially in MP, I love older more manual airplanes more than flying computers.

The truth is MiG-25s proved to be tougher opponents for F-15s than MiG-29s.

R-40 is big and has powerfully engine and Foxbat is fast and flies high, this are very natural advantages in air combat.

To be honest in 1v1 DCS MP scenario F/A-18 at 30000ft Ma1.3 against MiG-25 at 50000ft Ma2 i may prefer to be in Foxbat if I want to be sure I'll return home.

BTW: Foxbat from 1967 didn't have look down Doppler radar, only pulse, 1976 MiG-25 PD variant had.

Foxbat would be anything but boring, especially in MP, I love older more manual airplanes more than flying computers.

You can already do that with the Tomcats Aim54, except the Tomcat can still afford to close the merge against most adversaries and still be a strong opponent in BFM, especially if the pilot is good. The Mig25 has to rely on purely shoot and scoot with long range R40's given its poor manuverablity, and G limitations and poor visibility,. And if ECM was modeled properly its effectiveness would be fairly limited against gen 4. Hence why the Mig25, even the PD is still something of a niche for CAP.

I think most realize what would be most practical to go toe to toe with Nato Gen 4 would be a full fidelity Flanker, especially if it was a modernized derivative, although the latter case of a modernized example it sadly isn't feasible for ED as they have repeated.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

There is more to whether a plane makes for a good DCS module or not than "can it beat 4th gen jets 1v1" (especially on airquake servers). The warbirds, helos, Mig 21, F5, Tomcat, Viggen, C101, L39, Sabre, Mig15, Mig19, Mirage, Harrier and A10 all would have no reason to exist otherwise.

There is more to whether a plane makes for a good DCS module or not than "can it beat 4th gen jets 1v1" (especially on airquake servers). The warbirds, helos, Mig 21, F5, Tomcat, Viggen, C101, L39, Sabre, Mig15, Mig19, Mirage, Harrier and A10 all would have no reason to exist otherwise.

Yup.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If I could upvote, then exactly this, well said sir!

Gesendet von meinem SNE-LX1 mit Tapatalk

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

YOu completely misjudge me if you really think i believe otherwise. Yes there is more to airquake, but i never was making a comparison to such or with such a mentality.

Overall the above is bad analogy to make for an argument. Yes for their respective eras those various fighter aircraft make up perfect adversaries yes, as well as being icons of thier generation. Attack aircraft still have an important role even within DCS, and are not at all comparable to being a niche like the foxbat.

I will also add from a business POV what makes a plane good for "DCS" is very much a consideration for the company what will generate most profit, whether you like it or not. Flight sim genre is already a niche, and selecting a niche within a niche, isnt as likely to generate as much sales as other more widely regarded aircraft or considerations their practical use.

LAst but not least theres no further need to go into such a debate about aMig25 in Razbam's official MIG23MLA thread. Lets stop dragging this further OT

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Honestly, I would really prefer to wait longer but have the module released in a good shape. I really hope for both RAZBAM and virtual pilots that MiG-23 will be a new quality.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

In my opinion the MiG-19 is in good shape (the M2000 and the Harrier I dont know enough).

Isn't the MiG-23 being developed by the same team that developed the MiG-19?

So I think the guys are doing good work and there is no need for leveling the quality of the modules up.

In my opinion the MiG-19 is in good shape (the M2000 and the Harrier I dont know enough).

Isn't the MiG-23 being developed by the same team that developed the MiG-19?

So I think the guys are doing good work and there is no need for leveling the quality of the modules up.

Last I checked the manual frequency selector crank was still broken.

? Maybe I am wrong, but just yesterday tuned in to 525 kHz D. It was a lot of CHCCCPRRRCCHHH but after 5 sec finetuning with the mousewheel i got my morse beep. Just wonderful 50s tech :). Isnt this the way, analogue-technology should be simulated?

Or did I misunderstand your problem?

Watch the needle while moving the crank with the mouse. It does change frequency smoothly, but the needle jumps so that you can’t use the needle’s position on the frequency wheel to know where you are until the moment it jumps

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Or did I misunderstand your problem?

The mouse speed reaction logic is inverted. And the frequency range to read a beacon is too narrow. It must be something like gaussian. Long story short: try the MiG-15

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

i thought there will come another version of the mig19 prior to the mig23 ?

and i don't remember seeing any release date communicated by razbam - nevertheless hoping for a release at christmas 2020 ;)

That was AI only if I remember correctly, with mannable being a ''maybe someday''.

-edit

I stand corrected

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2