DCS: Armour

Ahhhh the good ol days when I was working in Woodbridge,VA and involved in this project...

Too bad it got cancelled or we could be hyping this as a possible module one day. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: Zil-131 :D

A-10C on top : Mmmmmmmm....

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

DCS.BMPT ?

bmpt_big.jpg

Though the data might be hard to come by...

or DCS.BMPT-72

1-image.jpg

Which might be even harder, but the full range of ammo for the cannons, and mounting 2 9M120 Ataka-V with tandem HEAT, and 2 with expanding rod warheads would be fairly handy...

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

Whatever they do I hope it's a common popular mass produced model like the original T-72, M1A1 or Leopard and not a one-off odd model like they did with the Ka-50 and Su-25T. They are fun to fly and interesting but I guess I just prefer stuff I have a chance to see IRL or on TV. Not that I would be sad they make a Terminator 2 or EFV, it's just a slight preference for something that I have some kind of relation to than something I never heard of before.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Well, I know what you mean, but we need to be fair. ED had good reason to choose them. KA-50 is the only single seated attack Helicopter in the world. Any simulation to DCS standard wíth a mi-24, mi-28, Apache or other modern attack helicopter would have been a bad compromise with AI co-pilot or gunner... The SU-25T was a natural choice as it had AFM available from LockOn and was not included in the deal with Ubisoft.

And I guess after the Georgia and Chechen conflicts, it is quite popular in Russia?

But yes, I would prefer a Leopard 2 or Abrams anytime, as well!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I'm kind of hoping for a MBT since I feel that would really bring in a larger crowd. But I wouldn't mind the Tunguska either although that's coming from a flight simmer's perspective. Someone who has never played DCS before may not be as interested in it.

Whatever ED chooses will be awesome for us anyway.

I'm really excited for this. The tanksim genre has been mostly dead for the last decade, with SB Pro milking the sales to the extreme during that time unopposed, with little to no innovation for an outrageous price. There were occasional WW2 tank sims from Russian developers, but they barely released with questionable quality and quickly vanished after absymal sales.

An Abrams tanksim would make them lots of sales if they can get it right. They will need to work on detailed terrain rendering and probably a whole new system of crew and ground AI. If they could get it right, I would buy it in a heartbeat though.

I literally loled as i read this , thank you
DCS: Locomotive is more likely than you might think:
We even hope to look into a train simulation component in the future!

I would love more detailed ground combat. Not , as many suggest a mix between arma and dcs , no. screw infantry , i want TANKS BABY.

If you count the MANPADS as infantry, then 1.2.8 has player infantry.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh dear, I'd love to frustrate the peep inside his virtual tank while zipping to and fro in my Su-25T. Please ED, give them coffin riders something to mill around the map. :D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Feels very similar to me, how Sonalysts evolved Dangerous Waters from sub Sims. Anyone else remember that?

They had to build so much of the warship and aerial ASW in modeling that making it player controllable was the logical next step...

What will you do when he pops smoke and ruins your entire attack run? :D

Oh dear, I'd love to frustrate the peep inside his virtual tank while zipping to and fro in my Su-25T. Please ED, give them coffin riders something to mill around the map. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

What will you do when he pops smoke and ruins your entire attack run? :D

That is when he calls on his AI wing man, who can see through the smoke. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That is when he calls on his AI wing man, who can see through the smoke. :)
Then the tank quickly dives for cover behind an apartment building. Not easily fooled, superman AI uses his X-Ray vision to launch Vikhr missiles directly into the building, making some really cool explosions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yup. Then move into a little wooded area, watch all those systems be unable to get a contrast lock while the little guy with the stinger runs out of the bradley ...

And how does the tank know you're coming? Ain't datalinks AWESOME?! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Love the smack talk in the AM. It is more refreshing than reading the complaints about product labels. Anywho, I am TRYING to control my expectations of how well the new environment (EDGE) will be with this new era of DCS: Armor. Truth be told from my personal perspective the direction that ED is going seems to be pretty good. The new rendering engine will just enhance the ground play IMO. This being based on the new features unveiled in OB for CA. I am really enjoying!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

You're right of course.

We don't know what will be done for forests/trees etc. The various sensors do lose lock when you drive behind a building for example, and the same should apply to forests, smoke, etc.

Actually detecting the amount of contrast your sensor sees and judging whether it is 'enough' is a very difficult thing to achieve (while keeping a reasonable frame rate), so that part will probably always be sub-par.

Love the smack talk in the AM. It is more refreshing than reading the complaints about product labels. Anywho, I am TRYING to control my expectations of how well the new environment (EDGE) will be with this new era of DCS: Armor. Truth be told from my personal perspective the direction that ED is going seems to be pretty good. The new rendering engine will just enhance the ground play IMO. This being based on the new features unveiled in OB for CA. I am really enjoying!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]