VEAO Aircraft Wishlist

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Focus on the Spitfire XIV and EF2000, do the EE Lightning next and put the rest on hold cause they're boring :D :D Purely subjective opinion ofcourse :lol:

I may be in the minority here but I would like to see the focus on the upcoming P-40 of course and supposedly the Wildcat isn't too far behind that. I can see the interest in the Spitifire XIV but what DCS needs is an increased quantity and diversity of aircraft. There already is a Spitfire so spending so much time and resources on developing a different version of an existing aircraft takes away from the development of new and unique aircraft. If these modules could be released more quickly then I could see another Spitfire being developed but the fact is it takes many years to make a single aircraft.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I may be in the minority here but I would like to see the focus on the upcoming P-40 of course and supposedly the Wildcat isn't too far behind that. I can see the interest in the Spitifire XIV but what DCS needs is an increased quantity and diversity of aircraft. There already is a Spitfire so spending so much time and resources on developing a different version of an existing aircraft takes away from the development of new and unique aircraft. If these modules could be released more quickly then I could see another Spitfire being developed but the fact is it takes many years to make a single aircraft.

The Spit XIV is uniquely different to the SpitIX and would go a long way to redressing the balance of a 1943 aircraft versus a late 44/45 aircraft.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

The Spit XIV is uniquely different to the SpitIX and would go a long way to redressing the balance of a 1943 aircraft versus a late 44/45 aircraft.

Very much agree Klem. The Spit XIV is a much better historical technological time line match with the 109K and 190D.

Although still named Spitfire, the XIV was a different beast to the earlier marks of Spitfire.

A very famous Supermarine Spitfire test pilot, Jeffrey Quill, was of the opinion that the Mk XIV was the best fighter version of the aircraft produced to fight in WWII.

Myself and many others are extremely grateful that VEAO are producing this model. It is the aircraft I am looking forward to more than any other in DCS.

Big, big thank you to VEAO.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

It's ok, as long as you make this one (below) soon! :D ;)

dTr2UvLqfkQ

I've always dreamt of blasting migs in that jet ^^

Agreed, of all the aircraft planned by VEAO the Lightning is the one that excites me the most, followed the hawker typhoon.

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Agreed, of all the aircraft planned by VEAO the Lightning is the one that excites me the most, followed the hawker typhoon.

Yeah, right now I can only name a couple of aircraft I'd rather have ingame, but none of them are on VEAO's list where the Lightning definitely ranks highest, then the Spit XIV & EF2000.

Once the F-14, Me262, EE Lightning, F-4, F-16, Spit XIV & F-18 are all ingame it'll be like christmas everyday for me :D

• 4 months later...
Yeah, right now I can only name a couple of aircraft I'd rather have ingame, but none of them are on VEAO's list where the Lightning definitely ranks highest, then the Spit XIV & EF2000.

Once the F-14, Me262, EE Lightning, F-4, F-16, Spit XIV & F-18 are all ingame it'll be like christmas everyday for me :D

Since the F-14, F/A-18 and the F-4E are all in development right now my wishlist contains:

- F-16 in 4th Gen config - this is used by many Countries, so lots of opportunites for mission building and nice adversary for the F/A-18

- EF2000 - no explaination needed :D

- just any build of the Mig-29. I don't care which version, but we need an current russian/soviet build Fighter Aircraft with study sim level

Sadly most intrigiung current Gen Aircrafts seem out of question like the Jas-39 Gripen or my personal favourite the Dassault Rafale C and M.

In my opinion regarding the versatility for mission builders and scenarios the F-16 and the Mig-29 should be highest on the list.

Edited by Pasquale1986

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

Since the F-14, F/A-18 and the F-4E are all in development right now my wishlist contains:

- F-16 in 4th Gen config - this is used by many Countries, so lots of opportunites for mission building and nice adversary for the F/A-18

- EF2000 - no explaination needed :D

- just any build of the Mig-29. I don't care which version, but we need an current russian/soviet build Fighter Aircraft with study sim level

Sadly most intrigiung current Gen Aircrafts seem out of question like the Jas-39 Gripen or my personal favourite the Dassault Rafale C and M.

In my opinion regarding the versatility for mission builders and scenarios the F-16 and the Mig-29 should be highest on the list.

No.... just no. Until the Hawk is done right they need to stay far away from any iconic aircraft.

No.... just no. Until the Hawk is done right they need to stay far away from any iconic aircraft.

Nobody said that development of the aforementioned planes should start immediatly.

On the contrary i share your opinion that unfinished modules that are out in DCS should have highest priority.

It's just a wishlist for future projects ;-)

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

Well, as it is a wish list...

don't take effort away from sold but unfinished models (Hawk way overdue for update).

then (assumimg VEAO were to take them all on)....

Spitfire MkXIV (in progress)

Tempest (please)

BAC Lightning

Hunter Mk 6/7

F-16

F-14 (ok Heatblur are doing that)

F-18

I may be a Brit but I have absolutely no interest in the Vampire or Meteor.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

don't take effort away from sold but unfinished models (Hawk way overdue for update).

Tempest (please)

BAC Lightning

Hunter Mk 6/7

F-16

F-18

If you've not seen it, the F-18 is nearing completion by ED... This is a wishlist thread, but it is the VEAO's wishlist thread, not a general one.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

If you've not seen it, the F-18 is nearing completion by ED... This is a wishlist thread, but it is the VEAO's wishlist thread, not a general one.

OK I missed that one.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

Tempest (please)

BAC Lightning

Hunter Mk 6/7

F-16

F-18

The Meteor and vampire are the aircraft i want the most :)

I only really care for the Warbirds... so my vote would be for machines that complement the aircraft we have already, but with some role variation, OR to fill in historical gaps that we currently have. Order of priority, with most-wanted at the top.

So,

1. Mark XIV Spitfire

2. Hawker Typhoon (1b) or Tempest

3. A twin-engine like the Mosquito, mid-to-late-war Bf110G or P38/ A20c

4. One from the Bf109 G series

5. One from the FW109 A series

I am assuming the P47 is being developed by ED or other partner.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

I only really care for the Warbirds... so my vote would be for machines that complement the aircraft we have already, but with some role variation, OR to fill in historical gaps that we currently have. Order of priority, with most-wanted at the top.

So,

1. Mark XIV Spitfire

2. Hawker Typhoon (1b) or Tempest

3. A twin-engine like the Mosquito, mid-to-late-war Bf110G or P38/ A20c

4. One from the Bf109 G series

5. One from the FW109 A series

I am assuming the P47 is being developed by ED or other partner.

Solid reasoning. And yes, ED is doing P-47 next. This was confirmed by Wags in the recent Q&A.

I'm much hoping that, once the platform settles we can finally see VEAO come through with the P-40...

DCS Finland | SF squadron