F/A-18C Cockpit Plans and Parts - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-30-2018, 05:59 AM   #31
Nikolas_A

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynxDK View Post
Im sorry for giving you Dimensions in mm, hope thats okay.
I'm a metric guy too, but when working with american made parts it's best to work in inches. You get to understand what the designer was going for by rounding to the nearest decimal inch or fraction.

Thanks for the dims, I'll crosscheck them with my estimates. If you want I can measure the Ext Lt for you and scan it too, let me know
Nikolas_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:43 AM   #32
McG

Lynx,
The completed prototype gear panel on your Instagram looks great.
What sort of price do you expect it to sell for?
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:52 PM   #33
LynxDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG View Post
Lynx,
The completed prototype gear panel on your Instagram looks great.
What sort of price do you expect it to sell for?

Hey, sorry for the long silence.

The landing gear panel mechanism has proven to be quite challenging to do. So its hard to say right now, but i will inform when i know more.

The Panels for the F/A-18C are being fine tuned for backlight, and you will hopefully begin to see some finished and ready for sale panels in the beginning of next year. The pricing for these panels will be released soon, and people can choose if they want panel panel and backplate alone, or they want the backcasing along with it to install backlight in.

All these panels will be without any possebility to hook up to a computer just yet, but in time we will release a control box which can controll all the panels, and then the backcasing for each panel are prepared for mounting the connecting unit to this box.
But for now im afraid people have to wire some themselves.

I will also begin to add 3D printed Knobs in the shop along as they get finished. right now im waiting for some screws and nuts to build into the knobs, so they can mount easily like the real knobs do.
They will be available in Gray, Black or "clear" 3D print, so they have the possebility to be backlit if someone would want that.

The price for these knobs are in the same range as the ones im currently offering for the A-10C, which means depending on the size, its 15-30 DKK pr knob, where 30 will be for the biggest ones.
I will offer them also as packages for the different panels, or a complete cockpit but until all the knobs are done, they will be offerred as single pieces.

Also the Aluminum Switch top for the Launch Bar switch are made and ready, its a handturned piece with a Grub screw in each end, to mount on a regular 6mm Toggle Switch. The price for this will be 50DKK
heres a picture:

Pictures of the Different knobs will be shown soon, both here and on instagram

sorry for the late update, but here you go , if you have any questions, let me know and ill get back to you

Instagram
LynxDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:02 PM   #34
LynxDK

Oh yea, allmost forgot.

Im also working on the cockpit plans itself, as im planning to release console drawings for the F/A-18C as i did for the A-10C, both releasing the plans for free and also offering Precut Packages ready to assemble.

What is stopping me right know is the throttle space, i havent found any decent throttle that will fit into place, and im not keen to release something that can not be finished or completed like this.

So whats going to happen there i cannot say 100% right know, i might release with that problem in mind, but maybe i can find another solution, i will get back to you guys on that. Would anyone happen to know which switches the Throttle have on the handles, and how they operate... ?

Instagram
LynxDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:41 AM   #35
aniron

Quote:
Oh yea, allmost forgot.

Im also working on the cockpit plans itself, as im planning to release console drawings for the F/A-18C as i did for the A-10C, both releasing the plans for free and also offering Precut Packages ready to assemble.

What is stopping me right know is the throttle space, i havent found any decent throttle that will fit into place, and im not keen to release something that can not be finished or completed like this.

So whats going to happen there i cannot say 100% right know, i might release with that problem in mind, but maybe i can find another solution, i will get back to you guys on that. Would anyone happen to know which switches the Throttle have on the handles, and how they operate... ?

Some nice pictures here of the $1000 Throttletek replica:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3262485

I'd suggest you make your plans so that they can accommodate the TM Warthog throttle, Virpil T-50, or VKB TECS.

Last edited by aniron; 12-05-2018 at 11:47 AM.
aniron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:38 PM   #36
=Buckeye=

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniron View Post
Some nice pictures here of the $1000 Throttletek replica:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3262485
Also some pics in my Cockpit thread (linked in signature). I can take some rough dimensions of the base box, etc if useful as well.
Odyssey+ VR HMD | Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Extension by Sahaj + TM Warthog Grip | Custom JetSeat SE | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2

On Order:
Pimax 5K+

VR Rig:
ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti @ 2.1ghz | i7-4790K @ 5.0ghz | Dell U3415W Curved 21:9 3440x1440 on Ergotron LX Tall mount | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB | (x2) Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB
=Buckeye= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:53 PM   #37
DeadMeat

Quote:
Keep up the good work

Here's my take on the throttle switches and functionality:

Uncertain about the 4 way comms switch, seems to be a custom of the regular T4 type 4-ways. From what I understand the center return mechanism for the antenna elevation switch is custom built around a potentiometer. Also the force transducer push button mechanism must be a custom shrunk down version of the F15 TDC to fit the handle geometry.
DeadMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:16 PM   #38
Icebeat

How about this for antena elevation
Icebeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:27 PM   #39
Brun

That just looks like a regular scroll wheel. From what I understand the Hornet's antenna control is return-to-centre, like the pitch bend on an electronic keyboard.

Might be something worth looking into...

Brun is offline   Reply With Quote