Please consider changing the activation system

MA_Goblin

The activation system present today is archaic at best.

If for some reason there is a problem with the HDD all possibilities to deactivate disappears and in my case this has happened 3 times now (I know not everyone has this problem and all tests come up blank to what the problem might be). For me that means I have decided not to install DCS anymore since it's problematic.

The system present in IL-2 BoX is by far superior even though it has it's drawbacks as well. But at least I can install and reinstall and change software/hardware in my system however I want.

Dear ED team. You have a splendid product and I know You want to protect it but currently it's a problem.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Agreed, a system like il2 bos or rise of flight would be good where you have an account and you need to sign in before you play and all your purchases are available that way.

None of this activation/deactivation malarky for each and every aircraft and module.

A simple user account and password and auth server would suffice.

• Like 1

There is an issue with SSD drives that just soaked me, I am down to one or two activations left on some craft, and this is bothering me. BTW the issue with the SSD is if the drive gets shut down because of a power failure, or your system locks up and you power off and on, you may corrupt the boot sector and as all licensing information is stored on C there goes and activation.

Some of my activations still stand but other are getting low. Meanwhile now I have the ability to buy standalone add-ons, but what happens if my activation runs out? I lose everything but the add-on, which is now useless?

Fate is inexorable...

Agreed, a system like il2 bos or rise of flight would be good where you have an account and you need to sign in before you play and all your purchases are available that way.

None of this activation/deactivation malarky for each and every aircraft and module.

A simple user account and password and auth server would suffice.

Meaning without internet connectivity someone could not play.

That.

As far as I'm concerned, DCS has one of the best activation systems. I don't like login systems, and the limited deactivations is no where near enough for me to consider switching.

If the DCS system offers new options fine, but keep the old system too.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Shouldn't you be complaining to the people who sold you a flaky hard drive or SSD, and not blame the software suppliers for your faulty hardware issues?

I have been using DCS World for years, and never come close to running out of activations, and I've installed 2 new graphics cards, 2 mother boards, 2 lots of memory, 3 or 4 SSDs, 2 CPUs, oh and 2 operating systems in that time, and not all at the same time.

Get the picture? It is how you use it, not the activation system that's got the problems.