Eurofighter typhoon - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 12:23 AM   #21
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 98
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

We are just cleaning out some subforums that arent needed right now. Some of the VEAO ones are a ways off and not licenses currently. Once they get closer to release they will come back. The subforums will be removed too, just missed const before the weekend.

Nothing has changed as far as I know with VEAO's plans, we just want to standardize the forums more, and subforums are usually created when modules are closer to release, or farther along at least.

Old 06-25-2017, 07:19 AM   #22
Tirak

Reputation power: 7
Tirak is a jewel in the roughTirak is a jewel in the roughTirak is a jewel in the roughTirak is a jewel in the roughTirak is a jewel in the roughTirak is a jewel in the roughTirak is a jewel in the roughTirak is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
We are just cleaning out some subforums that arent needed right now. Some of the VEAO ones are a ways off and not licenses currently. Once they get closer to release they will come back. The subforums will be removed too, just missed const before the weekend.

Nothing has changed as far as I know with VEAO's plans, we just want to standardize the forums more, and subforums are usually created when modules are closer to release, or farther along at least.
Are we to understand from this statement that VEAO does not have a DCS License for their Eurofighter Typhoon?
Old 06-25-2017, 08:55 AM   #23
Coxy_99

Reputation power: 25
Coxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to all

It says in his post nothing has changed as far as i know with VEAO's plans, Same as the F-18 had no sub forum while it was being made did ED have a license for the F-18?

Follow me on twitch and youtube also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...qEF8-UGWhwXD5A

Old 06-25-2017, 10:15 AM   #24
Ells228
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 76
Ells228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to beholdElls228 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ells228

To clarify:
We were notified on Friday that TFC would not be renewing our existing contracts that had a 3 year term on them and when the module is closer to release we can seek a contract under new terms from ED.

We are currently evaluating the contract terms with our legal team and discussing the matter with TFC and ED.
That's all I can say on the matter right now.

So as it stands today we are no longer in contract with TFC/ED for the following:
HA-112 Hipano Buchon
Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV
F8F Bearcat
Curtis P-40F
Typhoon

As you can imagine this was a bit of a shock to us and we are evaluating our position currently.

An official post will be made when things are clearer. Please give us time to deal with this news.

Thanks,
Chris.

Last edited by Ells228; 06-25-2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:54 AM   #25
norbot

Reputation power: 2
norbot is on a distinguished road

I'm not really astonished. In the last few years, VEAO has just managed to get the Hawk from an entire list working, which is still in "early access" status. At this development-speed one would have to live three times in order to experience the realization of the other projects.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:21 PM   #26
mutley146

Reputation power: 0
mutley146 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodrigues2016 View Post
I am the original designer of the Typhoon so RAF has to ask me first....so that we have here at ED the sim aircraft.

i am glad you like the pic so do i heres another one
I think you find it is the consortium who will have the rights to anything and not the individual designer.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:26 PM   #27
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 14
Pman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutley146 View Post
I think you find it is the consortium who will have the rights to anything and not the individual designer.
This
Old 06-25-2017, 02:28 PM   #28
Kev2go

Reputation power: 0
Kev2go is infamous around these partsKev2go is infamous around these partsKev2go is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I am the original designer of the Typhoon so RAF has to ask me first....so that we have here at ED the sim aircraft.

i am glad you like the pic so do i heres another one
mhmm....

the Original Designer....just like pierre sprey was the "original" designer of the F16?

Build:

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Gibabyte Z97x Motherboard, Intel Core i7 4790k ; 4.0 ghz ( Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo),Kingston Hyperx DDR3 16gb ram (1866 mhz) ,
(Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsing evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Last edited by Kev2go; 06-25-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:13 PM   #29
shagrat
ED Translator

Reputation power: 45
shagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to all

Quote:
Hey....tell both IndiaFoxTechno VEAO and ED that they need authorization from the design maker of the Thyphoon and almost every other military jet.

Here is a beatiful picture of the Thyphoon.
Have a look at the contract you signed, when working for the company that built the thing... There should be a clause concerning ownership of work results etc. ...and I am pretty sure it doesn't say anything about "the designer" holding rights.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.2GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat
TM HOTAS Warthog
custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |
a hand made UFC and an AHCP
Old 06-25-2017, 04:36 PM   #30
Buzzles

Reputation power: 14
Buzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really nice

Can't say I'm surprised most of the contracts haven't been auto renewed. I know I certainly wouldn't do it if the party involved hasn't actually managed to deliver in 3 years.
Surprised the P40F not being renewed due to the progress shown.

As an aside, have you guys recieved the new 3d model for the Typhoon yet? I seem to recall Ells has been waiting for months for it.

Also, at the people believing frodrigues2016.

Last edited by Buzzles; 06-25-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Closed Thread