New damage model - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-19-2016, 08:33 AM   #21
Racoon
ED Team

Reputation power: 4
Racoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontiuka View Post
Can we get a bit of insight on how the new damage model will differ from the current one? Or is that still top secret?
When we talking about model itself the new model is an addition to current one. So the main difference in number of components and accuracy of their positions. Plus improvements in damage states and their spread (for example fire) from one component to another.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160719_Spitfire current DM.PNG
Views:	2782
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	144524   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160719_Spitfire new DM.PNG
Views:	2860
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	144525  
Racoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:50 AM   #22
Racoon
ED Team

Racoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
Some questions:

-has the new DM. Maked in colaboration with by some time "rumored" ex-Il-2/CloD team member coming to ED WW2 team?

- The old P-51B can enter into the new AI units coming to Normandy Theater?

-The new DM on progress has only affect to the external model or can be make changes on the internal / cockpit?

-Any progress about multicrew / multiengine aircrafts on WW2?

-ED tell LN has your pacific Theater on progress. Can LN confirm them and show some early pics?

- AI units on WW2 actualy dont will get DM update, but what plans has ED planned to improve them on ground an sea units (all if has apppllicable an ED work on some AI sea unit to that time period)

Enviado desde mi GT-S7580 mediante Tapatalk
Some answers:
- yes, we have few men from old Il-2 team ))
- old P-51B could be there, but later;
- new DM has no affect on cockpit;
- bombers are in production as an AI planes (for the moment);
- LN mentioned their plans by themselves, better to ask them directly;
- DM is a brand new system which could be applied to any unit in the game.
Racoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:04 AM   #23
ACG_IronJockel

ACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-Yo View Post
First of all, we hope that undamaged FM of 3rd Parties will meet the requirements of DCS standards...
Is it just me, or is there some heat between you and VEAO?

Anyway, if the quality of the DM'S matches the one of the flight models, glorious days will come!
Old 07-19-2016, 09:13 AM   #24
Nirvi
ED Translator / Moderator

Reputation power: 13
Nirvi is just really niceNirvi is just really niceNirvi is just really niceNirvi is just really niceNirvi is just really niceNirvi is just really niceNirvi is just really niceNirvi is just really niceNirvi is just really niceNirvi is just really niceNirvi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racoon View Post
When we talking about model itself the new model is an addition to current one. So the main difference in number of components and accuracy of their positions. Plus improvements in damage states and their spread (for example fire) from one component to another.
Sounds very promising, can't wait
Does this also include visual damage? Like different decals for small caliber and 30mm rounds?
Nirvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:48 AM   #25
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 21
QuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
So it is not just for WW2 aircraft, but also for modern ones (what about ground units)?

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Last edited by QuiGon; 07-19-2016 at 10:42 AM.
QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:50 AM   #26
Reflected+
Posting Rights Suspended

Reputation power: 0
Reflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of light

Awesome news about the DM. I agree, it would be unfair to release the Spit with proper DM, only to face "invincible" 109s. Once every plane has the new DM though, it will be the biggest step forward I can think of now.

One question: Will the MIG15 also get a proper DM? Curently it's a flying tank against the .50 cals of the Sabre. Even if it smokes, it just keeps going.

My Music
My DCS Skins
B350 Gaming Plus / Ryzen 5 1600 X @ 3,6 / MSI GeForce GTX1070 8192 / 16 GB RAM / Samsung PM961 512 SSD / MS FFB 2 / TM Warthog throttle / Saitek ProFlight pedals / TrackIR 4 PRO
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:28 AM   #27
lmp
ED Translator

Reputation power: 8
lmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the roughlmp is a jewel in the rough

It would make sense for at least the MiG-15bis and F-86F to get the new damage model as well. In the missile combat era it's perhaps a bit less important, since missiles tend to be more all or nothing than machine guns, but it wouldn't hurt either, especially for ground pounders. Also, will the new damage model also work for AI aircraft? I had an instance when I shot off both horizontal stabilizers of an AI Sabre and he was still turning with me as if nothing happened.
lmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:34 AM   #28
Solty

Reputation power: 8
Solty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflected View Post
Awesome news about the DM. I agree, it would be unfair to release the Spit with proper DM, only to face "invincible" 109s. Once every plane has the new DM though, it will be the biggest step forward I can think of now.

One question: Will the MIG15 also get a proper DM? Curently it's a flying tank against the .50 cals of the Sabre. Even if it smokes, it just keeps going.
I think it is for Belsimtek to answer. But:
Quote:
Some answers:
So there is always hope :3

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyA..._Sqdc0IKJuv6dA
Solty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:39 AM   #29
Krupi

Reputation power: 9
Krupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the rough

Good to hear that the chaps from Clod are working on it I personally think that the damage model was one of the most impressive I have seen.

I actually set up a mission with various random damages so I could practice landing a stricken aircraft.

I recall that this helped me nurse a 109 back home from Folkestone with its elevators shot away I used the trim to control the aircraft until I could crash land back in France good times being chased by Spitfires smelling blood... or was it engine oil!

Project IX Cockpit
Krupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:44 AM   #30
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 21
QuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupi View Post
Good to hear that the chaps from Clod are working on it I personally think that the damage model was one of the most impressive I have seen.
The way I understand it they aren't from the Clod team, but from the old original IL2 team?

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote