Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 01:43 PM   #11
PrototypeBayu8

Reputation power: 0
PrototypeBayu8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pman View Post
The vast bulk of T1B5 did not have functioning HMD. It is quite common on the T2+ aircraft but the earlier variants were more common to have the normal day/might helmet.

As Chris said it is something in discussion

Pman
In another post, it is mentioned that block 5 aircraft do include the hmd, so if you implement it, it will not make it any less realistic

just sayin..
Old 08-04-2016, 06:36 PM   #12
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 14
Pman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrototypeBayu8 View Post
In another post, it is mentioned that block 5 aircraft do include the hmd, so if you implement it, it will not make it any less realistic

just sayin..

It was a retro grade and not stock, HMD is currently not planned to be implemented.

Pman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2016, 06:40 PM   #13
Cap'n kamikaze

Reputation power: 5
Cap'n kamikaze has a spectacular aura aboutCap'n kamikaze has a spectacular aura aboutCap'n kamikaze has a spectacular aura aboutCap'n kamikaze has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ells228 View Post
We're still in discussion about that as its highly classified.
IMO sims should be as close as possible to real, and if you can't do that with a specific system it is ok to approximate it, if you don't include something just because you can't model it with 100% accuracy then we'd not have any fight sims at all, or they'd all be MS flight.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:46 PM   #14
rrohde
Veteran

Reputation power: 30
rrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of lightrrohde is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n kamikaze View Post
IMO sims should be as close as possible to real, and if you can't do that with a specific system it is ok to approximate it, if you don't include something just because you can't model it with 100% accuracy then we'd not have any fight sims at all, or they'd all be MS flight.
My favorite saying applies here once more: If you cannot simulate, emulate.
In other words - if a classified component cannot be recreated due to classified data not being available, the functionality can be instead emulated (that is, made to work similar, but without infringing on said data). So long as the functionality is reasonably well researched, the emulated feature will get us close enough for our hobby.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.1GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB VRAM | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | Corsair LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM | 27" Acer Monitor (2560x1440) | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Oculus Rift CV1

Old 08-05-2016, 01:42 PM   #15
microvax

microvax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It was a retro grade and not stock, HMD is currently not planned to be implemented.

Pman

Well, the f15c didnt have the aim120 initially either. So by the DCS scope I do not see a reason not to implement it.

Even just a copy of this obviously public piece of info would be nice:

So I hope there will be change of plans at some point !

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?
Old 08-05-2016, 09:05 PM   #16
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Pman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nice

It's not a case of dcs scope, it takes into consideration requests from our military partners and other interested parties as well as being designed to spec.

Lots of upgrades were retrospectively fitted to t1b5 aircraft, it's unlikely we will do them all.

Pman

Old 08-06-2016, 04:09 AM   #17
microvax

microvax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
It's not a case of dcs scope, it takes into consideration requests from our military partners and other interested parties as well as being designed to spec.

Lots of upgrades were retrospectively fitted to t1b5 aircraft, it's unlikely we will do them all.

Pman

Ah kay, get that.

I still hope for it though. ^^

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?
Old 08-06-2016, 01:05 PM   #18
PrototypeBayu8

PrototypeBayu8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Pman

Or, maybe at least not implement it during release, implement it after a while as an update
Old 08-06-2016, 07:06 PM   #19
danidr

danidr is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Pman

Honestly, that would take away a good part of my interest... also I think that the best solution would be to maybe get in touch with the RAF and see what can be implemented, or how it can be changed to allow us to have it. Pretty please? I'm sure you guys can push it a little further still.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:44 PM   #20
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danidr View Post
Honestly, that would take away a good part of my interest... also I think that the best solution would be to maybe get in touch with the RAF and see what can be implemented, or how it can be changed to allow us to have it. Pretty please? I'm sure you guys can push it a little further still.
Entering further discussions with the RAF and Consortium could take years, sadly its not just as easy as making a phone call and seeing what they are willing to do. There is lawyers and contracts we have to negotiate.

At this point in time HMD is not being worked on, should that change in the future Chris or I will confirm it in on of the updates

Pman