DCS: Me 262 Discussion - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-24-2015, 02:12 PM   #21
javelina1

Reputation power: 20
javelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of lightjavelina1 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACG_IronJockel View Post
Besides voulching it, i don't see many chances for that. Provided the pilot in it has a brain.^^
that's why we'll have a few K-4's circling around the field, as the 262's T/O and land...

Gigabyte Z87-HD3, i5-4670K O/C 4.2ghz, NH-U12S cooler, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 SC, SoundBlaster Z sound card, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 256GB Samsung SSD, 1x 500GB Samsung SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Rudders, TM MFD's, Enermax Case, 39" Samsung HDTV, 21.5" Acer VT220 touchscreen (for Helios & Ikarus), TrackIR5, JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift CV1
javelina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:26 PM   #22
fastfreddie

Reputation power: 9
fastfreddie will become famous soon enoughfastfreddie will become famous soon enoughfastfreddie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Just realized we didnt have a discussion thread for this bird, who is looking forward to a ED PFM experience with this one... I know I am.
Very excited to see the Me 262 fighting with Mustangs, Spits, and P-47s. But you know Sith if your going to start a thread like this it would of been great to see a WIP picture or any word on development.
fastfreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:33 PM   #23
Farlander

Reputation power: 6
Farlander has a spectacular aura aboutFarlander has a spectacular aura aboutFarlander has a spectacular aura aboutFarlander has a spectacular aura aboutFarlander has a spectacular aura about

Oh, i would love to have some meteors, me-262's, MiG-9's, F-80's etc
Farlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:43 PM   #24
Cripple

Reputation power: 0
Cripple can only hope to improve

... and a V-1 "Doodlebug"?
Old 11-24-2015, 03:48 PM   #25
Farlander

Reputation power: 6
Farlander has a spectacular aura aboutFarlander has a spectacular aura aboutFarlander has a spectacular aura aboutFarlander has a spectacular aura aboutFarlander has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripple View Post
... and a V-1 "Doodlebug"?
The start of a new series? "DDS: Digital Drone Simulator"?
Farlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:09 PM   #26
Cripple

Reputation power: 0
Cripple can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlander View Post
The start of a new series? "DDS: Digital Drone Simulator"?
Well, the AI would be simple...
Old 11-25-2015, 09:42 AM   #27
ACG_IronJockel

Reputation power: 5
ACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura aboutACG_IronJockel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solty View Post

And I didn't say it is going to be easy, but easier than with K4 that I have no real advantage over

Also, flying that fast is going to make the plane hard to aim at slower moving targets. And I can imagine many players won't have thepatience to do that. And a slow 262 is a dead 262 :3
Where did i use the word easy?

So you are ony able to shot down a 262 if he messes up?
#irony
Old 11-25-2015, 10:07 AM   #28
Solty

Reputation power: 8
Solty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACG_IronJockel View Post
Where did i use the word easy?

So you are ony able to shot down a 262 if he messes up?
#irony
Yes! But it is still a higher chance than shooting down a K4 I mean K4 has to realy mess up to be shot down.

But realy though, with altitude that we fight at and distances that bases are from (maps like quake over the bay) the 262 is not going to be as much of a problem as one might think. Especially having no G suit to sustain hard turns at high speed.

Also, loosing to 262 is understandable. It is a new type of plane that changed air war, even by only inspiring the future generation of planes, but it was proven that "jets" can fight well and are deadly. Thus I am not going to be mad.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyA..._Sqdc0IKJuv6dA
Solty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:14 AM   #29
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Reputation power: 48
Silver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to allSilver_Dragon is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

I put the the Me262 cockpit pics of the "old" 3D maker (the same was make the Bf-109K-4, Mig-15Bis, Fw-190D-9 and others)
http://psy06.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:34 PM   #30
Wolf Rider

Reputation power: 21
Wolf Rider is a glorious beacon of lightWolf Rider is a glorious beacon of lightWolf Rider is a glorious beacon of lightWolf Rider is a glorious beacon of lightWolf Rider is a glorious beacon of lightWolf Rider is a glorious beacon of lightWolf Rider is a glorious beacon of lightWolf Rider is a glorious beacon of lightWolf Rider is a glorious beacon of lightWolf Rider is a glorious beacon of lightWolf Rider is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Just realized we didnt have a discussion thread for this bird, who is looking forward to a ED PFM experience with this one... I know I am.

Oh man... a PFM 262 - please? pretty please?

and some buzzbombs

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys
-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"
Wolf Rider is offline   Reply With Quote