F8F-2 Bearcat Dev Diary - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #11
KnutGrymn

Reputation power: 0
KnutGrymn is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it is a clock indeed !

These are the cockpit schematics for the F8F-1 (day fighter version)

And these are for the F8F-1N (night fighter version)

Hope this helps....
Old 07-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #12
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 87
SkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to behold

Them Graphics!
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
Old 07-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #13
robert.clark251

Reputation power: 6
robert.clark251 is a jewel in the roughrobert.clark251 is a jewel in the roughrobert.clark251 is a jewel in the roughrobert.clark251 is a jewel in the roughrobert.clark251 is a jewel in the roughrobert.clark251 is a jewel in the roughrobert.clark251 is a jewel in the rough
Default Just Curious?

I noticed in your statement you said, "IP agreements with Grumman are in process, I do not expect any problems here as Grumman have an established process for this kind of thing." I remember a while back reading something that was posted on the forums here about Grumman being a challenge to work with and that we would probably not see the F-14 any time in the near future if at all because of that. Have you encountered any flak from requesting data on the aircraft from them? Stating the obvious here, the Bearcat is a lot older than the Tomcat however I could not see the avionics in the Tomcat being something that is still classified. I am by far no expert and take ED's word on it but was just curious how your encounters have been with them. I would really like to see the Tomcat or Phantom and it looks like that is a pipe dream for a while.

Keep up the awesome work on the Bearcat. Really glad to have developers like you guys so focused on detail and realism. Growing up around these aircraft has been my life and it is a breath of fresh air to finally have a sim that is truly making realistic aircraft. High Five!

Regards
Robert
Old 07-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #14
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 14
Pman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert.clark251 View Post
I noticed in your statement you said, "IP agreements with Grumman are in process, I do not expect any problems here as Grumman have an established process for this kind of thing." I remember a while back reading something that was posted on the forums here about Grumman being a challenge to work with and that we would probably not see the F-14 any time in the near future if at all because of that. Have you encountered any flak from requesting data on the aircraft from them? Stating the obvious here, the Bearcat is a lot older than the Tomcat however I could not see the avionics in the Tomcat being something that is still classified. I am by far no expert and take ED's word on it but was just curious how your encounters have been with them. I would really like to see the Tomcat or Phantom and it looks like that is a pipe dream for a while.

Keep up the awesome work on the Bearcat. Really glad to have developers like you guys so focused on detail and realism. Growing up around these aircraft has been my life and it is a breath of fresh air to finally have a sim that is truly making realistic aircraft. High Five!

Regards
Robert
I can't comment on any commercial relationship that we have in any detail for obvious reasons. That said Grumman do have an established process for this kind of thing.

That said we don't really need any tech stuff from Grumman as we have access to 4 airworthy Bearcats so we are pretty set on that front.

It is currently impossible to make any high fidelity simulator for the Tomcat or the Phantom due to issues revolving around classification and other restrictions placed by various organisations and governments. I'm not going to get into what they are or what things are.

I know people want a Phantom and a Tomcat in dcs , however it is our feeling that with these limitations implanted upon us that we can not produce a consumer simulator that even remotely simulates these aircraft.

As such both of these will not be developed by VEAO

Pman
Old 07-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #15
genbrien

Reputation power: 18
genbrien is a glorious beacon of lightgenbrien is a glorious beacon of lightgenbrien is a glorious beacon of lightgenbrien is a glorious beacon of lightgenbrien is a glorious beacon of lightgenbrien is a glorious beacon of lightgenbrien is a glorious beacon of lightgenbrien is a glorious beacon of lightgenbrien is a glorious beacon of lightgenbrien is a glorious beacon of lightgenbrien is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pman View Post
I know people want a Phantom and a Tomcat in dcs , however it is our feeling that with these limitations implanted upon us that we can not produce a consumer simulator that even remotely simulates these aircraft.

As such both of these will not be developed by VEAO

Pman
do you think we could maybe hope for something ala Flamming Cliff instead of ala A-10C ?
Spoiler:

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080
CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max
Keyboard: Logitech G15
GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8
PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5
RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz
Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
Old 07-03-2014, 01:51 PM   #16
Pman
3rd Party Developer

Reputation power: 14
Pman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nicePman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by genbrien View Post
do you think we could maybe hope for something ala Flamming Cliff instead of ala A-10C ?
You prob could possibly, although 3 areas I can think of would still be restricted even with that.

However not from us. FC3 level aircraft is not something we are interested in developing.

Pman
Old 07-03-2014, 02:11 PM   #17
Stratos

Reputation power: 24
Stratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really niceStratos is just really nice

Quote:
You prob could possibly, although 3 areas I can think of would still be restricted even with that.

However not from us. FC3 level aircraft is not something we are interested in developing.

Pman
Thats sad to hear cause with your dedication we would get a plane every three months. And not everyone can deal with a DCS level modern aircraft.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #18
chev255

Reputation power: 6
chev255 will become famous soon enoughchev255 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Pman
Come on, please
If you do the F-4 we give you a platinum frequent eater card at Nando's
Old 07-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #19
msalama

Reputation power: 31
msalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to allmsalama is a name known to all

Quote:
FC3 level aircraft is not something we are interested in developing.

So if I understand this right, there's gamey and then there's you. And should that _really_ be the situation, I know I'd personally choose you any and every time over arcadish competitors. WE-HEY!!!
Old 07-03-2014, 03:33 PM   #20
Paradox

Reputation power: 9
Paradox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chev255 View Post
Come on, please
If you do the F-4 we give you a platinum frequent eater card at Nando's
He's already got six

(and it's still too expensive)
Closed Thread