Old 09-07-2017, 03:18 PM   #31
Wideboy

Reputation power: 0
Wideboy is on a distinguished road

Agree with Solty and Klem. +1 for both.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:46 PM   #32
bart

Reputation power: 9
bart is just really nicebart is just really nicebart is just really nicebart is just really nicebart is just really nicebart is just really nicebart is just really nicebart is just really nicebart is just really nice

+1 for both from me too.

Just to be kept informed a little would go a long way.
i7-3960 six core Extreme overclocked to 4.0Ghz, 16GB ram 1600MHz DDR3 Quad channel, 1x 256GB and 1x 512GB 850 Pro SATA 6GB/s Samsung SSD's, 4GB GTX 980, Windows 7. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek combat rudder pedals, Oculus Rift CV1.

.................................................. ........................................................................ ...........................
Old 09-07-2017, 03:48 PM   #33
Krupi

Krupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
This is why ED has trouble sharing as well, snotty comments like this. Look through the last 5 or so newsletters (or more), I know we have had WWII news. Maybe not the news YOU wanted, but saying its on a road to nowhere is just insulting to the devs that are working hard to create all these units and environment, get them working and get them out to us as soon as possible.

News for example:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=105

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=102

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=101

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...2&postcount=92

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...8&postcount=91
I was simply putting the feeling of the customers into a sentence and the ham fisted approach of deleting the original thread soured the mood somewhat.

No roadmap hence a "road to....?"

Please don't take it so personally and perhaps bare in mind that whilst you and the other mods have the privilege of seeing what ED are working on the rest of us are in the dark, a position that clearly quite a few people do not like being in.

Project IX Cockpit

Last edited by Krupi; 09-07-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:56 PM   #34
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 102
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupi View Post
I was simply putting the feeling of the customers into a sentence.

No roadmap hence a "road to....?"

Please don't take it so personally and perhaps bare in mind that whilst you and the other mods have the privilege of seeing what ED are working on the rest of us are in the dark a position that clearly quite a few people do not like being in.
While I may have a little more info than a normal user, you really have more info than you lead everyone to believe. Its been stated many times why there is no roadmap. And I will take it personally on behalf of all the guys working behind the scenes... you guys get news when there is news, you have been told what they are working on, they dont give time lines for obvious reasons.

You either need patience with DCS, or you need to take a break and check back as more news comes through. If the game isnt enjoyable for you, then take a break. As I said, I find new challenges in the sim everytime I load it up, but maybe you need more or something different.

This is the path we are on, either you ride along, or meet us at the next stop, but blowing issues up or downplaying the hard work being done by the devs doesnt fly here.

And even this new reply you insult the moderation here, we have very simple rules for people who fly a very complex simulation. I figured you guys should be able to follow those. If not, read the rules again.

Last edited by SiThSpAwN; 09-07-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #35
Krupi

Krupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the rough

As others have already stated all of this "amminosity" could easily be removed by communication.

When one of the previous team members chose to share with the community what he was working on the community responded well.

Communication is key.

Project IX Cockpit
Old 09-07-2017, 04:06 PM   #36
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
As others have already stated all of this "amminosity" could easily be removed by communication.

When one of the previous team members chose to share with the community what he was working on the community responded well.

Communication is key.
Did I not just post links with WWII news?

And did you not read above where I said there is not always something to share?

Do you want a weekly update of We are working on X, Y, Z? Because I can do that. Here:

ED is currently hard to work on visibility, AI, and the Damage Model, more info to come.

Old 09-07-2017, 04:53 PM   #37
Catseye

Reputation power: 8
Catseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Communication is key.
+1

One major element of Marketing 101: Manage Customer Expectations!
Old 09-07-2017, 05:00 PM   #38
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catseye View Post
+1

One major element of Marketing 101: Manage Customer Expectations!
Managing expectations is a two way street.

Closed Thread