Sigs

Hiya all!

To stop sig madness so well empasized by my huge sig (which is now gone 4eva), can everyone please make sure that their Sigs are no more then 150 pixels high?

There is no limit on how wide sigs can be for now (well, as long as it's not like 1000s of pixels...), since width doesn't really affect readability of the forums, but heigh does.

Many Tnx!

P.S. I made this a sticky for now and will unstick it in a week or two, after everyone has seen it

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

Guest DeathAngelBR

Or maybe you can follow your own suggestion and make a non animated gif sig smaller than 100KB

Guest ruggbutt

Read my post again, I'll say the same to you. Rules are 150 high. I resized mine to that. You might wanna do the same.

Get off me now son.

Not sure where ya got 160k btw................

Guest ruggbutt
Mine is 250 high and 93KB. Yours is 150 and 125KB. I win.

Hiya all!

can everyone please make sure that their Sigs are no more then 150 pixels high?

You lose. RIF (reading is fundamental).

DeathAngelBR size(in kilobytes) doesn't matter... It doesn't affect readability that much provided sigs are less then, say 500kb (for ppl with broadband anyway). Height does affect it however, so please resize your sig, or remove it... Tnx

P.S. If I remember correctly Firefox is MiG-42 :~} Or something along these lines, not MiG-31 (Which is foxhound btw)

The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

Guest ruggbutt
Some people can't read rugg...

I know Cali. He also went out of his way to cause a problem.

Death Angel, that's better but you're still 100 pixels too large on the height. RIF.

On a broadband connection, the 23k size over your stated 100k size causes your computer to load it 2ms (that's milliseconds or thousanths of a second) slower. I didn't realize your time was that valuable. On the otherhand, your oversize sig causes people to have to scroll manually w/the scroll wheel, which is more time consuming. Which gets us back to why 150 pixels height is the allowable limit. I typed that really slow for you so you could understand it.

Stop it.

Sigs now limited to 150 pixels height, and, I very hope, will be limited to 50kb size.

Forum rules to be updated soon.

This thread will be supported and updated by Mods.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]