Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

On the first of April, by any chance?

Good point :lol:

Well, we are NOT going to mass produce them.

As I said there will be individual orders, not that we will make any to be available off the shelf.

We will take orders if there are any, and the lead time will be cr 1 month.

Something like this.

>

Best Regards from VKB Lair,

AeroGator

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought GF mk2 w/MCG Pro via Aliexpress. They sent from China. I live in Thailand though.

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

Unless I am crazy the "But #1" on the POV's wasn't working in earlier firmware versions... but it is working in this one, threw me off a bit when my POV's were both pressing the same buttons. Fixed it by making one POV start at button 60 and the other at 50.

Also, anyone else having random keys pressed after setting a config to the joystick? It goes away after a restart or two of the joystick... still think it may be a bug.

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Unless I am crazy the "But #1" on the POV's wasn't working in earlier firmware versions... but it is working in this one, threw me off a bit when my POV's were both pressing the same buttons. Fixed it by making one POV start at button 60 and the other at 50.

Also, anyone else having random keys pressed after setting a config to the joystick? It goes away after a restart or two of the joystick... still think it may be a bug.

With my MCG Pro, nothing has changed with the POV functionality. The trim switch hat located top dead center can be used as a discrete button POV or as an analog axis switch with the ability to change this function in real time during the game by pressing down on the hat for a steady length of time. When you are in analog axis mode, you can see two axis channels that slowly change when you move the hat in the appropriate direction for that axis. When the hat is centered, the axis stays where it is at. Pressing the hat will cause both the x and y axis to re-center. This is great for games with analog trim axis controls. If you hold the had down, the axis channels re-center and the hat becomes the standard POV1 hat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With my MCG Pro, nothing has changed with the POV functionality. The trim switch hat located top dead center can be used as a discrete button POV or as an analog axis switch with the ability to change this function in real time during the game by pressing down on the hat for a steady length of time. When you are in analog axis mode, you can see two axis channels that slowly change when you move the hat in the appropriate direction for that axis. When the hat is centered, the axis stays where it is at. Pressing the hat will cause both the x and y axis to re-center. This is great for games with analog trim axis controls. If you hold the had down, the axis channels re-center and the hat becomes the standard POV1 hat.

I know that... but before the firmware upgrade I didn't have to change my #but option, now I did... so something has changed (for the better I would guess).

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

• 4 weeks later...

NJoy32 Configurator guide (En) updated:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ojzm-lJM4BlPHnGRqSdAdqRsSr2yOsIo

Documentation update. 2.10 En

What`s new

- Smooth trimmer reset (see Trimmer Reset, Trimmer Return on p. 68).

- Using the clipboard for the physical lines setting (see Line (input control) on page 43).

- Two virtual buttons on diagonal HAT pressing (see 6.3.2 on p. 93).

- CMP function, Comparator in Boolean functions (see CMP on p. 75).

- JMP function, Jumper in Boolean functions (see JMP on p. 76).

- Using Drag-n-Drop for profile loading (see 9.4.2 on p. 102).

Depends if your Gladiator PRO is "MK.I" (5 pins) or "Mk.II" (3 pins), for the last:

- The release date for stand-alone MCG/MCG PRO grips for the Black/Fat/Vintage Mamba and Gladiator Pro Mk.I series is currently unavailable (waiting on updates from VKB HQ).

For "Mk.II" 3 pins MCG's is schedule for April, seems too that a compatible firmware for Gladiator PRO still WiP.

Patience, Padawan. :D

• Like 1

Depends if your Gladiator PRO is "MK.I" (5 pins) or "Mk.II" (3 pins), for the last:

- The release date for stand-alone MCG/MCG PRO grips for the Black/Fat/Vintage Mamba and Gladiator Pro Mk.I series is currently unavailable (waiting on updates from VKB HQ).

For "Mk.II" 3 pins MCG's is schedule for April, seems too that a compatible firmware for Gladiator PRO still WiP.

Patience, Padawan. :D

If one already owns the Gunfighter Pro with the KG12 grip, is it possible to buy the MCG Pro grip without the gunfighter base? I don't see such a product on the website.

Think he is talking Gunfighter Pro rather than Gladiator Pro.

:smilewink:

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product_cat=mcg-for-gunfighter

Latest I hear was opening up ordering sometime in April.

All stand-alone MCG/MCG PRO grips for the Gunfighter Mk.I and Mk.II series have been pushed back to the mid-April 2018.

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?p=9860

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Indeed, dburne, thanks for the link. Not having to buy the Gunfighter Mk II base again make a new grip much more affordable!

Once you've tried VKB there's no going back... I'm even starting to look closely at those T-Rudder pedals. :)

Store page now says expected for April 16th (which aligns with the mid-April verbiage): https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb-sim-mcg-pro-rev-b

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Man VKB I was really looking forward to the MCG and throttle combination to replace my warthog stuff. But it's all taking so long... And to make things even worse since I'm in Europe we get nothing at all or extremely late.

Why is the European market share with VKB so poorly maintained?

g8PjVMw.png

Last news for Europe was that gear is supposed to arrive near the end of march. European site, news section was not updated with the delay that was posted on US site. So i`m hoping maybe everything is working according with the plan for the EU market. We will see.. :)

Last news for Europe was that gear is supposed to arrive near the end of march. European site, news section was not updated with the delay that was posted on US site. So i`m hoping maybe everything is working according with the plan for the EU market. We will see.. :)

Ah you mean with the site stating on Feb 14th that you can pro order via the new Website going live the same week. Wait that was 3 weeks ago :lol:

If this wouldn't be so funny I would cry the whole day.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the ship carrying the container full of supply is on the way but the captain stopped for fishing so expect some delay :D

Yes its tru, but finaly the captain left the ship and went to Spain to party, and the police has sink a boat it because disturb the maritime traffic.:D

Also waiting on VKB. I need that Gunfighter MCG :joystick:

I feel your pain...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I’m waiting on the gf2 pro base, extension, and mcg pro grip not to mention the tecs

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Which cams / spring / do you use, guys ?

The joystick feels very loose, i don't like the centering, at all

I have the MCG Pro, with the "10" cams

Should I replace them with the 30 ones?

Thank you

Edited by Lenux

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Which cams / spring / do you use, guys ?

The joystick feels very loose, i don't like the centering, at all

I have the MCG Pro, with the "10" cams

Should I replace them with the 30 ones?

Thank you

I tried the 30 cams and didn`t like them. The centering was ok for me, but I didn`t like the resistances in some positions when doing circular movements with the stick. That killed the precision.

The 10 cams are much better. To get a centering nonetheless I mounted a 40 spring plus a 30 spring for each axis. Without using an extension that gives me a similar feeling as for the Warthog stick, because you need a certain force to move the stick up to the maximum deflection. I like that very much, but it might be uncomfortable for flying helicopters.

With those heavy springs mounted you get a good centering of the stick without using the 30 cam and the stick doesn`t feel loose any more.

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S