Leatherneck Mini-Development Update

Please include:

1+++++++

Please! hahahahahahaha

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

animated deck crew will be just awesome for the immersion factor!!

Totally agree and when looking at these animations, it looks like we will be getting something very smooth and realistic looking :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So, there will be only late versions due to ECM blisters and M61's gas vents type. Or we can see early F-14A with only ALQ-100 pod without TACAN and ECM blisters? Just wondering.

Спойлер

ASRock X570, Ryzen 9 3900X, Kingston HyperX 64GB 3200 MHz, XFX RX6900XT MERC 319 16GB, SSD for DCS - Patriot P210 2048GB, HP Reverb G2.

WINWING Orion 2 throttle, VPC Rotor Plus TCS + Hawk-60 grip, VPC WarBRD + MongoosT-50CM2/V.F.X (F-14) grips. Logitech G940 pedals🥲

Am I the only one who thinks to stage an experiment whether you can suck the poor deck crewman into the engine? :devil_2:

Interesting thought. The question is will ED/LNS go into programming and animating that kind of detail? :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

And where is F4U in all this ?

Can we expect soon any update on that one ?

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

So just to understand better, the Viggen is closer to release than the Tomcat?
To open-beta as I can see from the forum. Obviously, we don't know anything about release dates.
Спойлер

ASRock X570, Ryzen 9 3900X, Kingston HyperX 64GB 3200 MHz, XFX RX6900XT MERC 319 16GB, SSD for DCS - Patriot P210 2048GB, HP Reverb G2.

WINWING Orion 2 throttle, VPC Rotor Plus TCS + Hawk-60 grip, VPC WarBRD + MongoosT-50CM2/V.F.X (F-14) grips. Logitech G940 pedals🥲

And where is F4U in all this ?

Can we expect soon any update on that one ?

Good question. My understanding is that these modules are supposed to be closer to release

than the F-14. Yet we have not seen much on how they are shaping up. It may be possible that

updates may have gotten caught in the wash of debates and expert opinions on the matter for

each of them. :dunno: :pilotfly:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

The F4U-1 is on a very temporary development hold as we wait for some new terrain technology to become available in the core engine- as well as focus fully on the AJS-37 until completion.

I'd expect us to announce/show the Pacific project in full before the end of Summer, however- and a release of the Corsair this year.

It's still being very much actively worked on in general, there's just a temporary lull for the Corsair itself.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The F4U-1 is on a very temporary development hold as we wait for some new terrain technology to become available in the core engine- as well as focus fully on the AJS-37 until completion.

I'd expect us to announce/show the Pacific project in full before the end of Summer, however- and a release of the Corsair this year.

It's still being very much actively worked on in general, there's just a temporary lull for the Corsair itself.

Fair enough Cobra. I appreciate the quick response to the question. I hope this tidbit of info doesn't get lost as others come in later wondering the same thing. :)

new terrain technology
= the ability to place small airfields anywhere? :music_whistling:
Edited by Raven68
  • Like 1

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Along the same lines, are there still plans for a Viggen theater? If so, is it tentatively planned for after the first Pacific map(s)....or might we see it sooner. :)

-Nick

@Cobra847 Love the animated crew, Dont really know to much about the Viggen, However as with all dcs modules, I cant wait to purchase them, The F-14 and the carrier will top the icing on a beautiful cake Well done :thumbup:

Thanks for the update, things are looking good!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.