Can get throttle working

I purchased the F-18 on sale and finally had a chance to fly but I'm having a weird problem with the throttle, it does not respond to the axis I have it assigned to. I'm using a CH Pro throttle, device 2, z axis. It is the only axis assigned to the throttle and I can see it moving up in down in the setup menu when I move it. It just does not respond in the game, the throttle never moves and it stays on full military power. I tried a different axis on my stick to test, same problem. I just tested with my other planes using the same ch profile including the 2000 which I bought at the same time, they all work fine. I didn't see much on the forums for this, anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

If it is full burner, look for finger lifts in the key commands. The hornet has physical finger lifts that need to lift to disengage the AB. You can disable this under options for the hornet.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Sometimes I have found weird double mappings the first time I go in to set up a new aircraft purchase - for example, the thrust is mapped both to my throttle AND my rudder pedals. I just go in and clear out the default axis mappings and remap the axes myself, and that fixes it.

Ryzen 7 2700, MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200, 970 EVO 1TB SSD, eVGA GTX 1080 8GB ACX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've scoured the settings and made triple sure there are no double bindings. I've defaulted the settings, tried different ch profiles like combining all the axis settings onto one stick, and so far I just cant't figure this one out.

@danbrown:

Does this happen in all types of mission start?

- cold start

- hot start from the ground

- airborn start

Is the throttle at max power in each of these scenarios at mission start?

Does the throttle axis respond when you are in Options/Controls/Axis Tuning?

To eliminate the throtttle device: Have you, just for testing, assigned an axis from another device (pedals, joystick) to the throttle axis to see if you can move it?

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

So the interesting solution for this was disabling Game Avionic Mode which somehow turned itself on. I prefer full realism anyway, this was somehow affecting the throttle function. Disabling this feature allowed the throttle to work. Kudos to DCS support who turned my ticket around in less than a day. Thanks to everyone else for the assistance as well, now on the the F-18!