Beginner's Tutorial : SU-25T Gamepad (Xbox) Bindings guide

Tuuvas

After thinking about what kind of video to do next, I realized that there was very little discussion about probably one of the most important topics related to DCS - how can we get more people passed such an expensive barrier to entry?

Not all of us can afford things like TM Warthogs, or even x52 HOTAS devices. Instead, most probably only have access to a simple gamepad like an Xbox One controller. In this video, I decided to step through all the different controls needed to perform the basic functionalities in the free SU-25T and map them all to just a simple Xbox One controller. This will demonstrate that a player can still perform just fine in DCS without spending a single penny on additional peripherals.

It's a long video unfortunately, but I genuinely hope it helps any DCS beginners willing to sit through the whole thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that is what I call a tutorial. Suburb job. I can see you put many hours in creating this. Who would have thought that there were that many functions in an XBOX control pad. KUDOS!!! You need to post this elsewhere to so that more people will see it. The amazing thing is you spent all this time to help out other future pilots that don't do DCS because of costs. Can't say enough. but a perfect job and detailed presentation using the visual aide

Lol thanks for the high praise man, just looking out for the new guys so they don't feel it's impossible to get into DCS. It's complicated enough as is, so removing this one hurdle is a step in the right direction. I intend to make additional gameplay videos using just an Xbox controller to demonstrate what can really be done with enough practice