OBS Users-SOS-Help Needed

Hey guys,

After at least 8 months of solid broadcasting (With mirror anyway) OBS is now giving me a black screen for the Rift Mirror. The problem has been apparent for a few days. Sometimes it comes back (for a second) but mostly it doesn't.

Basically, I was recording a DCS tutorial when I noticed OBS was frozen on a single frame. I restarted OBS and it showed the mirror for 20 to 30 seconds, then the mirror went blank for good. There has been no major software changes or updates. I did just purchase voiceattack, vaicom and VP, but I was able to record me using them right before this issue has started.

I talked to someone from the OBS Discord channel, but they weren't much help. I have reinstalled, OBS, Oculus, Intel drivers but I still have no picture. There has not been many responses anywhere else so I am branching out.

This really is a showstopper as I need to be able to record for multiple DCS projects I am involved with!

You cant hear the panic in my voice, but its there.

Here's a link for OBS log

https://obsproject.com/logs/iQFFjoQLwNEPw-sg

The log itself is also attached.

And a link to the unpopular post over in OBS forum:

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/rift-mirror-screen-turned-black-after-steady-use.115519/#post-435871

Thanks

Fang

2020-02-12 14-20-26.txt

Edited by Fang333333

Hey all,

I just want to update the thread, I am still unable to record and am really behind on some campaign videos.

If anyone has any ideas please comment. I'm over here grasping at straws

Thanks

Fang

I had this issue, very similar problem and all it ended up being for a fix for me is running OBS as an Adminstrator under properties.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I had this issue, very similar problem and all it ended up being for a fix for me is running OBS as an Adminstrator under properties.

Thanks Yoda,

I have set administrator rights under compatibility mode and right clocked it on startup already. Again thanks for the idea, it is VERY interesting to note that a similar problem was caused by administrator rights!

Any other ideas please let know.

I don’t use obs, but since you’re stuck, have you tired the obvious, such as uninstall, reinstall?

If so, can you find an old version to install and try?

Thanks for commenting Chris, Yes to all of your questions! I tried multiple reinstalls of OBS, Oculus and installed OBS classic. No luck.

I cannot imagine how the system got screwed up. Literally one day I was recording and then it wigged out and never has come back.

Perhaps whats worse is that I cannot do a system Restore point becuase of a Windows update that took place a week or 2 before, so the absolute last resort of just restoring to a working point is gone.

There is nothing that I enjoyed more than sharing my flights with friends and family, If I could figure out how I would even offer a reward at this point. I will update this post when/if this is fixed so please, ANY relevant ideas keep them coming.

Reupload

...windows updates.

Thanks again for the idea Chris!

I estimate that I lost the steady video feed from Oculus Mirror around the 10th of this month. My last WORKING stream was on Feb 7th. There seems to be a an update failing to install that I am troubleshooting as I type, however this update does not corollate with the above timeframe.

Included is my Windows update log. I also was installing voice attack, Voice Programming and Viacom(?) around there time but I don't see how these would affect OBS/Oculus Mirror. I am not running these programs currently but they are installed. Plus I have a stream of me working with Voice Attack before it went out.

1202341379_Screenshot(86).thumb.png.6f1183eaeeffb3e0de488721bb2303de.png

It is strange that I get the occasional FRAME frozen in OBS when playing with the video input, but its just a frozen frame occasionally. See Screenshot80 attached

1364025698_Screenshot(80).thumb.png.53ac86e177f78bd8f47d7b81a767696d.png

I am desperate to get recording again, Thank you Chris, and anyone wiling to take some time to look at this.

Fang

Edited by Fang333333

I have had a breakthrough however I am far from outta the woods. After resetting Windows and reinstalling everything I can think of for the 2nd week I discovered that OBS is capturing Mirror only when it is RUNNING in the FOREGROUND. As soon as I minimize the screen turns blank. Also bizarre is that the window gets minimized in OBS if I start to drag the Mirror window off-screen. OBS is literally only displaying the portion of my screen that is left.

429848545_Screenshot(75).thumb.png.bb83ef125a3f9c0d12cedceac480ab5e.png

1355205223_Screenshot(76).thumb.png.f34f5e5c85a56f849a014e6fcca4b118.png

1372519803_Screenshot(77).thumb.png.1be68e60045e11394342c2b614fa9662.png

If I go fullscreen on Mirror it shows in OBS, however I need to be able to minimize the window in order to play DCS. Not to mention having mirror fullscreened, OBS and DCS displaying all at the same time really kills the FPS.

Please Help. Please, there has to be a fix. I need to get back on track recording wise.

Thank you internet

I use OBS occasionally just to record my screen if someone is showing me how to do something...I think due to multiple monitors (one laptop + 32" screen) it gets confused. I have to reset the monitor each time I go to use OBS.

right click and resize

obs.thumb.jpg.bd08973bb622f5841f3e70bf9e50142a.jpg

Ryzen 5 3600 | 5700 XT | 32gb | NVME

I have had a breakthrough however I am far from outta the woods. After resetting Windows and reinstalling everything I can think of for the 2nd week I discovered that OBS is capturing Mirror only when it is RUNNING in the FOREGROUND. As soon as I minimize the screen turns blank. Also bizarre is that the window gets minimized in OBS if I start to drag the Mirror window off-screen. OBS is literally only displaying the portion of my screen that is left.

[ATTACH]228648[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]228649[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]228650[/ATTACH]

If I go fullscreen on Mirror it shows in OBS, however I need to be able to minimize the window in order to play DCS. Not to mention having mirror fullscreened, OBS and DCS displaying all at the same time really kills the FPS.

Please Help. Please, there has to be a fix. I need to get back on track recording wise.

Thank you internet

I went through the same issue a couple days ago. I set up a game display and a window display for oculus mirror. Then maximize the mirror windows and Lalt+tab DCS on top of it. Works like a charm, ????!

F/A-18C Hornet, i9 9900K OC 5.0G, 1TB Intel 660 M.2 SSD, Z390 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, GeForce RTX 2080TI, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T-Rudder, Oculus Rift S, Open Wheeler GEN2 Sim Chair w/ Warthog Upgrade.