VRK - a virtual reality enabled kneeboard with touch and ink support - Page 32 - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: Is the Client/Server mode still relevant in VRK?
Yes 3 23.08%
No 10 76.92%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2020, 11:13 PM   #311
derf73

Default Possible suggestion

With the dual kneeboards I run into an issue with which is in focus. I'm right handed and have my tablet on my right leg. When I go to the F10 map to copy coords, they're located in the far upper left of the screen. What results is my writing getting spread over both kneeboards.

A couple possible solutions I've thought of.
1) a key based focus toggle
2) a switching delay to change focus
3) required looking directly at the kneeboard to change focus and then it holds that until the other board is directly looked at.

Thoughts?
derf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 03:33 PM   #312
AMVI_Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf73 View Post
With the dual kneeboards I run into an issue with which is in focus. I'm right handed and have my tablet on my right leg. When I go to the F10 map to copy coords, they're located in the far upper left of the screen. What results is my writing getting spread over both kneeboards.

A couple possible solutions I've thought of.
1) a key based focus toggle
2) a switching delay to change focus
3) required looking directly at the kneeboard to change focus and then it holds that until the other board is directly looked at.

Thoughts?
I agree with 1 and 3. Everything can be done by a switching mode selection with several options like:
Automatic closer (this is the current behavior)
Automatic focused (your option 3)
Manual (function on button/keyboard)

I'm actively working on kneeboard positioning with VR controller which will make configuration of position and angles obsolete if you have a controller. This feature is almost finished and I could integrate this change easily in that release.

Author of DCSMP and VRK
Spoiler:
Ryzen 5 3600X - 32GB DD4 3200C14 Win10 64 - Geforce GTX 1080Ti
Hotas Warhog + Virpil T-50 base - Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals - Cougar MFCDs - Custom head tracker
35" UWQHD main display + 22" MFCD/Helios display / Rift S
2x256 GB SSD - 2Tb Caviar Green
AMVI_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote