Eagerly awaited aircraft - category poll  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Eagerly awaited aircraft - category poll

• Red force fixed wing
    • Blue force fixed wing
    • Red force rotary wing
    • Blue force rotary wing
    • WWII bird

It's pretty surprising how much mindshare helicopters seem to command here. The clamour for redforce fighters is not a big surprise, although it seems pretty strong indeed even taking into account some forum bias. WW2 doesn't seem to do quite as well here as in sales.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

• 2 weeks later...

One day maybe

I would love to see a F-117A Nighthawk

Now that FlyingIron Simulations joined the crowd, maybe one day they decide to shift their F-117 project to DCS World... Time will show.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 3 weeks later...

Over 25% of voters think blue rotary wing

Well, now that I gave it some thought,

A well made SH-60 with functioning ASW and CSAR, could be a good addition to DCS Naval Aviation.

I really wish it is not Apache... ;) I love this bird, but not in DCS.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

But will it come with a Kiev and Soviet ground crew?

It would actually fit the Afghanistan map, I always heard the pilots said they were made to take off from regular established airstrips instead of FARPs closer to the front line, and if they could have taken off closer to the front line it would have been much more impressive

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Yes...

It's a Yak-38M. Prove me wrong.

... eagerly awaited Yak-38M ... /s

... eagerly awaited Yak-38M ... /s

Hey, it'd be able to do a few things that no present DCS aircraft can:

-Provide mid-course guidance for P-500s

-Automated ejection seat

-Automated shipboard landing

-Exit early access, become a fully featured product, become polished to the nth degree, and still find ways to disappoint you.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Wait how does it provide midcourse guidance to P-500???

I may have found a new purpose in life

I know it used a guidance pod for a Kh-23, it might have also utilized it as well for the Kiev's missile complement. I haven't been able to find concrete details on it, but it sounds so cool.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Thanks!

Hey, it'd be able to do a few things that no present DCS aircraft can:

-Provide mid-course guidance for P-500s

-Automated ejection seat

-Automated shipboard landing

-Exit early access, become a fully featured product, become polished to the nth degree, and still find ways to disappoint you.

As in, it would eject me if I messed up Bazalt target by changing its guidance mid-course and then auto-land on Kuznetsov?

This is indeed mind-blowing!

As in, it would eject me if I messed up Bazalt target by changing its guidance mid-course and then auto-land on Kuznetsov?

This is indeed mind-blowing!

Actually, the automated ejection seat was for hover; if you busted more than 60 degrees of bank in any direction, the aircraft is unrecoverable. It would automatically punch you out at that point.

Although, given that the Yak-38 is pure hilarity, your scenario might be just as plausible.

• 2 weeks later...

As the year end is getting closer, we are going to find out which group was right.

It's just waiting for it at home seems to be stretching out the time now, maybe ED could fast forward this news for us, given we need something fresh to discuss apart form a viral invisible enemy we are all united against?

Now that we got all teen fighters in, it would great:

Mig-31

Mig-29M2

Su-30

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• 3 weeks later...
:)

Wow, and I thought that was manipulated image with combination of some different airframes from real planes and RC planes to make a funny shot....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Nothing is as awaited as a full fidelity modern Flanker!

by the redforce community.

Considering ED repeated statements that they would be unable to work on a modern Russian aircraft for the foreseeable future as long they are headquartered in Russia, i doubt its going to be that.

IM not a "rotorhead" but seems AH64D longbow would be highly anticipated from ED.

From fixed wing the next request i also hear of people reminding ED to revisit the F4E phantom project that was put on hold to finish the F16C.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

by the redforce community.

Considering ED repeated statements that they would be unable to work on a modern Russian aircraft for the foreseeable future as long they are headquartered in Russia, i doubt its going to be that.

Nothing is impossible .All you need is time and patience.

I mean R-77 missiles are present in the game .Vympel seems to be fine with it.

Kamov seems to be fine with Ka-50 .And laws work retroactively as well.

Yak 141 project was purchased by Lockheed .So that could be an option .

IM not a "rotorhead" but seems AH64D longbow would be highly anticipated from ED.

From fixed wing the next request i also hear of people reminding ED to revisit the F4E phantom project that was put on hold to finish the F16C.

Yes it could be an option .Considering the message stated both eagerly awaited and milestone only a few aircraft fit this criteria.

Nothing is impossible .All you need is time and patience.

I mean R-77 missiles are present in the game .Vympel seems to be fine with it.

Kamov seems to be fine with Ka-50 .And laws work retroactively as well.

Yak 141 project was purchased by Lockheed .So that could be an option .

Yes it could be an option .Considering the message stated both eagerly awaited and milestone only a few aircraft fit this criteria.

wishful thinking..... its one thing to guesstimate missile performance of a munition type. , its totally another to create an entire aircraft to a study level simulation without getting access to enough necessary documentation or authorization. Kamov KA50 represented here is a prototype model and its no longer relevant or even in service.

11:44

https://alert5podcast.podbean.com/e/scramble-04-matt-wags-wagner/

IF you want to be in denial what wags and countless other ED officials have said be my guest but not i wouldn't hold my breath that a mere year later after the question was re-asked still denied in that podcast that ED is now going to do a 180 turnaround and announce a Modern Flanker derivative. IF anything its more likely to expect a 3rd party to attempt to do a eastern bloc aircraft.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

First of all you seem to be taking this a little to personal .

When i said : " Nothing is impossible .All you need is time and patience " my point was it's going to happen in the future probably not right now.I'm having this conversation just for fun so let's have fun together if yo want to.

China is a huge market right now when it comes to video games and i see millions of views on yotube videos featuring russian fighters doing airshow maneuvers .I think eastern block fighters will become available eventually .

its one thing to guesstimate missile performance of a munition type.

So simulating all possible armaments for an early Su-30 variant shouldn't be a problem right ?

its totally another to create an entire aircraft to a study level simulation without getting access to enough necessary documentation or authorization.

An aircraft is composed of systems .Can you give me an example of a system that can't be simulated ?

Yes i know that interview.

Kamov KA50 represented here is a prototype model and its no longer relevant or even in service.

The flight model would be quite similar to ka52.But what you said is mostly true.

However there are a few more prototypes or aircraft not in service out there.

First of all you seem to be taking this a little to personal .

When i said : " Nothing is impossible .All you need is time and patience " my point was it's going to happen in the future probably not right now.I'm having this conversation just for fun so let's have fun together if yo want to.

China is a huge market right now when it comes to video games and i see millions of views on yotube videos featuring russian fighters doing airshow maneuvers .I think eastern block fighters will become available eventually .

So simulating all possible armaments for an early Su-30 variant shouldn't be a problem right ?

An aircraft is composed of systems .Can you give me an example of a system that can't be simulated ?

Yes i know that interview.

The flight model would be quite similar to ka52.But what you said is mostly true.

However there are a few more prototypes or aircraft not in service out there.

Its just about not whether or not a system can't be simulated but having the necessary documentation to realistically as possible emulate the real thing from a given time period.

I mean just because you know on a general manner how a certain systems work on aircraft X doesnt mean they will function exactly the same in aircaftt Y even if thier purpose is the same.

Take example heatblur. they denied not only F-14D as a future module after considering it ( no declassified data on weapons systems) . They had also have said that even a bit more modern F-14B with newer PTID display would be problematic, because they have

missing some information, and would rather not guesstimate MFD pages and subpages for it even if they or anyone else have an idea of what their purpose is.

Or perhaps is how ED decided to remove from planned weapons list the SNiper Targeting pod for the Viper and instead opted for the lightening 2. not so much foe ease of porting it, but because they themselves admitted did not have enough information as of right now to feel confident modeling it, although didn't outright deny it ever making a reappearance, so there still might be a chance that they do get what they need.

Further example i can offer is F16C EGGS aspect of HUD gunsight. The way it was simulated in another sim is different than our DCS Viper is because its pretty obvious they are using a older documentation and from a foreign air force viper operator in spite of aiming to model a USAF based CCIP upgraded viper. i think in comparison you can see which one is more true to real life F16CM block 50.

IN other instances they could theoretically model systems or a weapon but part of thier contractual agreement prohibited them from doing so. Like the Air force did not want ED to Model AGm65E laser maverick for the A10C thus it was ommited from that module. In turn apparently US navy and Boeing had no qualms and thus could model that same weapon type on the Hornet, or Razbam's Harrier.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro