Helicopters Tournament

Alpenwolf

Big thanks to Alpenwolf & 104th for the event looking forward to next one! Think the lack of numbers worked out great for the size of the mission area in the end.

For next event think you've got plenty ideas but personally would like to see some sling loading make a comeback :thumbup:

Gazelle deaths are an issue with scoring I noticed, due to Gazelle being bugged kills aren't awarded and same with deaths in certain circumstances. The two I shot during the event never registered the kills.

Gazelle deaths are an issue with scoring I noticed, due to Gazelle being bugged kills aren't awarded and same with deaths in certain circumstances. The two I shot during the event never registered the kills.

Hmmm... Didn't know that. Must figure out a different way for counting the score then. Thanks for the input :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

lbJiEkk.png

Final Score:

Blue Wins!!!

Blue: 517 points

Red: 176 points

Look up the main post, under notes to understand how the final score was determined.

Thanks for flying and thank you M0ltar for streaming!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Thanks Alpenwolf fantastic event, great fun.

Just curious why the scores are so far apart though?

After some minor adjustments

Blue - 14 AA kills - 18 AG kills - 20 losses

Red - 8 AA kills - 33 AG kills - 15 losses

Are there more adjustments that i'm missing.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Awesome event, had loads of fun.

I just wathed the stream and counted 3 kills for me and one shared that was awarded to me according to chat messages if I read it correctly, while Frostie got 3 kills. There were also many other Ka-50 pilots who got at least 2 kills. I think it's fairly safe to say the scoreboard is out of whack and doesn't reflect reality at all.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

I just watched the stream, as I was busy and could not join in.

well flown everyone.

term of the tournament is definitely "Stalin bus" for the MI-8 :)

based on the stream I would give the victory to Red for greater control of the battlefield.

both bullseye.

but blue were coming back at the end.

I will definitely make time to join in for the next one!

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Thanks Alpenwolf fantastic event, great fun.

Just curious why the scores are so far apart though?

After some minor adjustments

Blue - 14 AA kills - 18 AG kills - 20 losses

Red - 8 AA kills - 33 AG kills - 15 losses

Are there more adjustments that i'm missing.

The AG kills are multiplied by 5.

The losses are multiplied by 15.

The problem was the score for AA kills. Shooting down a Ka-50 gives you 50 points, while shooting down a Gazelle/Huey gives you 20 points. That's automatically generated by the score board. that means 30 points via AA kill are missing. So 8 AA kills times 30 equals 240. We could/should add that to Red, but still Blue remains the winner. For future helicopter tournaments the scoring must and will be modified.

Thanks for flying!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

First thanks Alpenwolf for creating the event and Maverick and the 104th for hosting it.

It was awesome and lot's of fun. Count me in in the next one!

Also... I think I will need someone to provide political asylum for going against my buddies.

Some Ideas

- Limit the amount of mistral helicopters.

- Limit the amount of Missiles available (Mistrales)

- Weather, wind, storm.

- Make the 2 ground forces fight each other.

- Make multiple missions in one scenario, Search and destroy mission, against convoys. One can protect while the other team needs to kill the convoy. Attack arty position that is pounding friendly area.

QQ: where is the stream ?? can't find the recording.

First thanks Alpenwolf for creating the event and Maverick and the 104th for hosting it.

Also... I think I will need someone to provide political asylum for going against my buddies.

Some Ideas

- Weather, wind, storm.

- Make multiple missions in one scenario, Search and destroy mission, against convoys. One can protect while the other team needs to kill the convoy. Attack arty position that is pounding friendly area.

QQ: where is the stream ?? can't find the recording.

Next mission will be in winter time. Rain or snow. The rain might make it too hard to spot anything though, so I'm not sure yet.

Limiting weapons is an option.

Limiting Gazelles -> 4 instead of 6.

Multiple objectives such as; strafing artillery/infantries (maybe less APC's), sling loading, troops insertion, SAR will surely be considered.

Ground units fighting each other? Absolutely.

I'm waiting for the stream myself. Hope Maverick will post that soon.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Many Thanks! Muchas Gracias!

Some Ideas

- Weather, wind, storm.

Agree with the ideas!

I really Enjoy it!! Unfortunately I had problems with my joy, but the time I was flying it was great. By the way, I´m looking for the Ka-50 who kill me, I was in hover almost ready to kill a BTR when that Shark appear and kill me in seconds! I wasn´t angry, I enjoy it when the shark passed me... And I said, Ohh what a beautiful helicopter... then I realized that I was dead! :megalol::megalol:

Would not call the gazelle bugged concerning "counted loss". If you get hit by AA you burst into thousand pieces...done. With the Vikhr it´s a different situation...if you get smashed into your face (pilot dead) you are done as well and it counts but if the Gazelle only gets partially destroyed you are often able to crash-land without a "at-first-total loss"...you are counted as "landed on...".

I was hit three times with a Vikhr...one right into the white of my eye...lost, 2 times on the airframe and I was able to crash land without pilot dying = no loss counted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Would not call the gazelle bugged concerning "counted loss". If you get hit by AA you burst into thousand pieces...done. With the Vikhr it´s a different situation...if you get smashed into your face (pilot dead) you are done as well and it counts but if the Gazelle only gets partially destroyed you are often able to crash-land without a "at-first-total loss"...you are counted as "landed on...".

I was hit three times with a Vikhr...one right into the white of my eye...lost, 2 times on the airframe and I was able to crash land without pilot dying = no loss counted.

Then the damage module shall be fixed? I mean, a hit by a Vikhr should actually blast the hell out of a helicopter, especially a fragile one like the Gazelle or the Huey. If the missile is able to annihilate a tank like the Leopard or the Abrams (also the case in reality), then that must apply for all types of aerial or ground and some naval vehicles. I get your point though, no worries.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Next mission will be in winter time. Rain or snow. The rain might make it too hard to spot anything though, so I'm not sure yet.

Limiting weapons is an option.

Limiting Gazelles -> 4 instead of 6.

Multiple objectives such as; strafing artillery/infantries (maybe less APC's), sling loading, troops insertion, SAR will surely be considered.

Ground units fighting each other? Absolutely.

I'm waiting for the stream myself. Hope Maverick will post that soon.

If you want to make it really hardcore lets fly at night.

Nobody expected mistrals to be so efective. Not even blues. But this are things that happen. Get over it. Reds thought they where going to overrun us. Maybe not everything is about the helicopter you fly (someone has any doubt that ka50 and mi8 are way far superior to hueys and gazelles?).

Next time you´ll have to think what to do, the same way we did before the tournament.

Can´t wait for the next one.

ECV56_Largo

Nobody expected mistrals to be so efective. Not even blues. But this are things that happen. Get over it. Reds thought they where going to overrun us. Maybe not everything is about the helicopter you fly (someone has any doubt that ka50 and mi8 are way far superior to hueys and gazelles?).

Next time you´ll have to think what to do, the same way we did before the tournament.

ECV56_Largo

Night mission sounds great! However, online streaming and commentating wont be possible. It's always fun watching those events if you're not flying.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

ECV56_Largo

I can't wait either, its just a shame chopper kills didnt count for 30points instead of 50points then Red could have been the cocky ones. That was the small margin between the outcome in this event.

Also the Reds opinion before the event started was that we were going to get wrecked by Gazelles.

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I can't wait either, its just a shame chopper kills didnt count for 30points instead of 50points then Red could have been the cocky ones. That was the small margin between the outcome in this event.

Also the Reds opinion before the event started was that we were going to get wrecked by Gazelles.

The score will be better and accurate next time. I shouldn't have trusted the score board, and I knew it wont suffice. I did reevaluate though and Blue was still the winner by a difference of 100 points or something.

Next time Ka-50's shouldn't fear flying high :smilewink:

If the Gazelles come after you, then lower Ka-50's or even Mi-8's can take the shot. There was no teamwork on both sides actually, and of course GCI would've had changed the outcome of many fights.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The streaming was fantastic! count me in for next one!

ECV-56 Baco

Glad you enjoyed it!

Next time will be more dynamic :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hi,

here are my 2 cents.

1. Maybe make groundkills score more points, so that RED has a way of countering the better AA capabilities BLUE has.

2. Set up freuquenzies and flights before we are actually in briefing because

a) its more faster that way

and b) it incourages teamplay more if you know that you have a flight lead which is on comms with the other leads etc.

other than that, it was good fun and I hope to make it on the next occasion

- OnlyBone

Hi,

here are my 2 cents.

1. Maybe make groundkills score more points, so that RED has a way of countering the better AA capabilities BLUE has.

2. Set up freuquenzies and flights before we are actually in briefing because

a) its more faster that way

and b) it incourages teamplay more if you know that you have a flight lead which is on comms with the other leads etc.

other than that, it was good fun and I hope to make it on the next occasion

- OnlyBone

1. Already have a better idea for the next tournament, so you're right.

2. Others have suggested the same, which is also a very good point.

Didn't know OnlyBone was Hans Dampf as well. Good to have you back :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

As you know, the target areas were marked by a huge red/blue smoke. Shall I replace the smokes with smaller ones in the new mission for round 2, or do you prefer it without smoke and as such pilots need to search carefully for the TA's? Please, let me know, otherwise I'd decide spontaneously.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments