Syrian and Afghan theatre of operations confirmed!

WHOGX5

Interesting

Please don’t. Incirlik specifically has hardened shelters missing in the Gulf, India, and Hotel loops and hangers placed where they shouldn’t be.

I sent an email to Urga-Media offering help and provide real world info for taxiway labels but haven’t gotten a response.

Yeah, don't rush!

To me it looks pre-DCS 1.5. Does it not look like older EDGE version to you? Or perhaps these renders are not done with EDGE at all?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not from ED but from map developers

Has it been confirmed which regions will be included in the Syria Map? I keep seeing mentions of airfields in Israel and Lebanon. Have we gotten any official word on this from ED?

From their website --

"The project will present a map of 610 * 440 km in size, which includes almost all the states on the eastern coast of the Mediterranean Sea. It will present such major cities as the Israeli Haifa and Shefaran, the Lebanese Beirut and Tripoli, the Turkish Adana and Gaziantep, the Jordanian Irbit and Jerash, but of course the cities of the Syrian Arab Republic - Damascus, Homs, Hama, Lattakia, Idlib, Aleppo, Raqka and etc. In the project, you can see the real monuments of ancient architecture - the colonnades and the amphitheatre of Palmyra, the citadel of Allepo, the fortress of Krak de Chevalier, the mosque of Muhammad Al - Amin and others.

The map will be implemented more than 20 airfields, including the international airports of Damascus and Beirut, the US airbase Incirlik. And of course, the base of the Russian VKS Hmeymim and the Navy base Tartus will be presented."

Source:

https://ugra-media.ru/2018/proekt-blizhnij-vostok/

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Should really have it...

Any word on Cyprus yet?

I doubt it will be included though. I base my opinion on two factors.

1. No mention on the project website.

2. Take a map and measure 610 x 440 km in the region, you will see that including Cyprus cuts off a huge chunk of Syria from the map. Something like this:

picture.php?albumid=1089&pictureid=10624

Then, the project does not mention a lot in terms of Israel neither and with a map like the one above, there would be much more to mention. Just my opinion.

Edited by Gierasimov
image added

Should be expect this map to be finished, in 2019?!

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

That provides that there will be a winter texture in the first place...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I hope they do an EA like the Gulf, or its not going to be ready on 2019. The scope is huge! lots of main cities, and if they are planing all the monuments and landmarks is going to take a lot of time to model. its a very rich area, feature wise. If doen right, witch I believe they will, (experience with Il-2), its going to be the best map on DCS so far...

I doubt it will be included though. I base my opinion on two factors.

1. No mention on the project website.

2. Take a map and measure 610 x 440 km in the region, you will see that including Cyprus cuts off a huge chunk of Syria from the map. Something like this:

Then, the project does not mention a lot in terms of Israel neither and with a map like the one above, there would be much more to mention. Just my opinion.

Would be a shame to not include it, at least the island land mass in low detail.

RAF Akrotiri is one of the main NATO bases in the area after all. It would be an immense gameplay value to have an off-shore NATO base.

Edited by Silvern

Looks like Akrotiri is too far west to be in the map. maybe Turkish Geciktale base, but my estimate is that its too far west also...

I wonder if Batman is too far north to be included, its´definately not West (pun intended) :D

Edited by Baco

Would be a shame to not include it, at least the island land mass in low detail.

RAF Akrotiri is one of the main NATO bases in the area after all. It would be an immense gameplay value to have an off-shore NATO base.

Totally agree!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Regardless of the detailed size of the map, I sincerely hope that the outline of the complete eastern Mediterranean coast is included in the same style as the whole Black Sea outline is included in the Caucasus map. Eastern Med and Black Sea are about the same size too, so I think this is feasible. I think this will be essential for 6th Fleet naval operations.

0d86c758566209cdd0c8d0898dcb8b2fb2f7c548.jpg

Well, it will be I think, just like the area for the Persian Gulf map is, I don't expect it to be just framed 610 km x 440 km.

Newsletter 11/01/2019 said:

"With 2018 we saw the release of the DCS: Persian Gulf Map. For 2019 we and our partners are working on two new World War II maps, a Syria map, a Falkland Islands map, and a new free map that we’ll discuss later in the year."

To me, it means only that partners will be working on a Syria map in 2019, not that it will be available in 2019.

Well, it will be I think, just like the area for the Persian Gulf map is, I don't expect it to be just framed 610 km x 440 km.

True. Naval ops would not make sense otherwise, if carrier will be parked 40km from the coast.

Fingers crossed they add low level details to Cyprus.

It will stick out like a sore thumb otherwise...

• 2 weeks later...

it looks too washed out for my taste.

but i will buy it anyway

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5