Windows Mixed Reality Discussion

NineLine

I just got a Lenovo Explorer today and it's an improvement over the DK2 :) So now I have a DK2, Rift and Explorer. I also ordered a VRCover for it since it's not very comfortable. The performance is not like with the DK2, which is understandable. However, it's a lot clearer. I have it living on our demo system. It was cheap, too! I recommend to anyone who wants to get into VR without more than a hundred bucks to spend.

How it looks VS rift in DCS ?

Clarity ? FOV

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What I heard is that in Rift you can also focus your eyes to the area around the center of the lens, where we, in our WMRs (me in Dell Visor) have unfocussed area outside the center of the lens. But then the thing is WMR headsets have the bit higher resolution than the Rift, 1440x1440 vs Rifts quite lower 1080x1200.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

The B&H Photo is legit. That's where I bought mine. There's more testing to do, it's not bad in DCS. For 100 bucks it's worth it. I have a VRCover coming for my Explorer, and I hope it helps to make it more comfortable. I have one on my Rift and it's great; there's a new VRCover coming for my Rift, too...this one is covered in velour!

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

How it looks VS rift in DCS ?

Clarity ? FOV

Definitely better resolution and clarity. The FOV is the same. The only downside, as mentioned, is that the 'sweet spot' is smaller, and as you move your eyes the areas outside of the center will not be as in focus.

OMG nice!! If no scam, then the world of full DCS experience just reached a faaaar bigger audience! Now they can spend those extra Dollars on the Thrustmaster T.16000 HOTAS and on a GTX 1070 or better! Man 90$ is an epic price!
It is legit... I bought it there... Only downside (if you care.. I don't) there are no controllers in this package

Inviato dal mio Lenovo TB-X304L utilizzando Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Well , just got Samsung odyssey for simming. My rift gets retired to our VR room (room scale use)

Now hurry up fedex :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well , just got Samsung odyssey for simming. My rift gets retired to our VR room (room scale use)

Exactly what happened to my rift after I bought the Odyssey. Just installed Skyrim VR, the only reason I connected the Rift again. The Rift is great, I like it, but I do wish I could get extensions to work with my Odyssey (Tried all the various fixes, to no avail).

I am trying to get Odyssey set up how do I get to stop moving when I lean forward or to either side it just moves and I am forced to use zoom in Oculus I lean forward or left or right that does not happen

Edited by RePhil

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

My rift gets retired to our VR room (room scale use)

Who is "us" ? :D

The Rift is great, I like it, but I do wish I could get extensions to work with my Odyssey (Tried all the various fixes, to no avail).

What kind of "extensions" ?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I am trying to get Odyssey set up how do I get to stop moving when I lean forward or to either side it just moves and I am forced to use zoom in Oculus I lean forward or left or right that does not happen

6DoF is not working for you. That can happen if you start DCS without first starting going into the mixed reality portal. It will ask you to look left, right, down, etc. Hope it is that easy of a fix for you.

Who is "us" ? :D

What kind of "extensions" ?

Us = me and my wife , she plays too :)

But wont play flight sim’s yet. :/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok folks I’ve been introduced to WMR via hoggit due to the fact I was about to purchase a oculus rift. What’s the skinney and can you guys summerize the many pages here.

Is the new O+ better for dcs and is it easy to setup with a stand alone dcs version not through steam??

Appreciate the help!

Ok folks I’ve been introduced to WMR via hoggit due to the fact I was about to purchase a oculus rift. What’s the skinney and can you guys summerize the many pages here.

Is the new O+ better for dcs and is it easy to setup with a stand alone dcs version not through steam??

Appreciate the help!

I don't know but I have seen a few guys returning theirs after just getting them.

I am sticking with my Rift for a while yet.

Hopefully those that have them can chime in better.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

They are being returned because they are crying about weight and fit. Guess they never wore ACH and nvgs and battery pack before. The rift is a ghetto rig compared to wmr and odyssey with its superior screens and motion vector.

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

They are being returned because they are crying about weight and fit. Guess they never wore ACH and nvgs and battery pack before. The rift is a ghetto rig compared to wmr and odyssey with its superior screens and motion vector.
I have had a rift since early DK2 days. Then CV1. I bought the Oddessy last spring and put the rift in a box and forgot about it. I recently set it up on another computer after 6 straight months of oddessy use. I WAS surprised at the noticable difference in visuals. I really didn't initially notice it too much. The fit IS different, but I found it to be quite comfortable after you mentally adjust. If you haven't had a rift, it'll be easier since you have no point of reference.

Two recommends.

1 Get a VR Cover replacement for the face cushion. It's way cooler and more comfortable. The Oddessy can get steamy. Since I did this, sweat issues have disappeared.

2 run some sort of memory cleaner/app killer like game booster. The added pixels come at the price of needing a larger data pipe. Even with 32gb and a 1080ti, I was getting terrible pauses. I was about to give it up and go back to rift when I ran game booster, updated to the latest oddessy drivers via device manager and the pauses virtually disappeared.

YMMV, bit this was my experience. I'm happy with the Oddessy and eagerly await second gen VR offerings from the whole field.

Markeebo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's odd considering one of their main selling points was they redesigned it for comfort. I have the original Odyssey and the fit is fine although it's less comfortable and fitting than my rift.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Johnic you need SteamVR and the Steam application "WMR for SteamVR" also for the non-steam version of DCS. But you don't need to run Steam when flying in WMR. Also make sure no reflective surface next to your screen and that your room is bright enough, then you shouldn't have any problems.

Appreciate the help!

Aside from the Pimax that it's still a bit prototipish, the Odyssey Plus is the best headset you can buy at the moment, at least for what it concerns visual quality. Setting up any WMR is easier than Vive and Rift. No external tracking, plug and play. You just have to download something from Steam.

At this point the Rift is quite useless. It was the still good and cheaper headset when the only other option was the Vive, but now that you can get a Lenovo Explorer, with almost the same resolution as a Vive Pro, for 100 bucks, it's a different story.

I would not say the Rift is useless. Still gaming with mine on an almost daily basis and having an absolute blast. Mine was very easy to set up, been running it since Jan 15 2017 and it has been flawless for me.

And love those Touch Controllers. ( flight sims are not my only PC gaming)

Waiting for a true second gen device, hopefully from Oculus. Appears Valve may have a new one coming out soon too that is looking interesting ( from the rumors).

2019 should be very interesting for VR.

I still currently wouldn't trade my Rift for anything available today.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

If it is not the fake they will send to other country of EU? Didnt find this site in english.

Any adwise where to buy with good price in EU?

I7 8700K, 16 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX 2080 , SSD, 2 DOF Motion platform (DIY), MMjoy2 DIY Joystick + throttle + pedals, WMR Lenovo Explorer

I would not say the Rift is useless. Still gaming with mine on an almost daily basis and having an absolute blast. Mine was very easy to set up, been running it since Jan 15 2017 and it has been flawless for me.

Yes, what I mean is that I wouldn't buy one right now that there are more options. It's a good headset on its own.

If it is not the fake they will send to other country of EU? Didnt find this site in english.

Any adwise where to buy with good price in EU?

In EU I wouldn't know, but B&H Photo Video should ship abroad. I don't if they have the Acer, but they sell the Lenovo for about 100$ and have other headsets as well.

Wore plenty of ACH and NVGs/w battery packs and I can definitively say the Samsung Odyssey+ was utter crap. Huge nose gap, huge gaps on side and in order to get lenses in focus needed to have the headset pressed down against the bridge of my nose... NO thanks. Honestly I think the Rift is the best all around headset still, if you can get past the lower resolution. I'm going to try the Vive Pro, just because I want to have the improved screens and comfort... I doubt I'll keep it though due to price. So far I've tried and returned both Odyssey and O+. Need to try the vive pro to be sure, but I keep coming back to the rift.

Oh and the WMR tracking absolutely would not work in my sunlit room. Tracking was an absolute train wreck.

YMMV, but thats' my .02 cents.