CVW-11 VR Plat Camera: Released !

IceFire

Hello everyone,

After some live streaming and some tests with our sister Air Wing CVW-7.

I have decided to release CVW-11's VR LSO procedure. This works for the Rift only because that's what I have and know how to use.

CVW-7 will be releasing a procedure similar that will work with non-rift VR platforms that use SteamVR.

If this is something that interests you please check out the link below. The only thing we ask is that you give credit where credit is due!

Here is a recent clip from a live stream I did during a qual flight the other day.

Here is a link to the google document explaining how you may do this for yourself!

Carrier Air Wing Eleven - VR Plat view procedure

Edited by IceFire

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

Oh wow, thanks for sharing!

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

There was a bug identified in the Stennis LUA file that would mess with the CILS function of the carrier.

I Fixed this and verified working now, the last patch added some new stuff to it. Anyone who downloaded today 08/16/2018 from the time of release till the time of this post, please redownload the stennis.lua listed in the document.

Everything else remains the same. Thank you !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

• 2 weeks later...

It is not multiplayer only (though I believe IceFire designed it with that in mind)

Following the instructions, it should allow you to monitor, grade, or simply observe aircraft - player or AI - that is landing on the ship.

Having said that - I'm not sure it's possible to watch yourself (you) land an aircraft from the platform -- real time. However, it may be possible to watch a replay (track) of your landings/traps.

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S