kHz radio towers

352ndDeacon

• 5 weeks later...

Hi!, are there anyone who knows why almost all the NDB towers are in khz and not in mhz? I want to use it with F-5, F/A-18 etc, but can't because they only use mhz:( F-86 use khz but I want to use the navigation with newer airplanes

-royphsle

F-16C:thumbup:

i7-4790 CPU 3.60GHz | 16 GB RAM | MSI GTX-960 Gaming 4GB | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Hi!, are there anyone who knows why almost all the NDB towers are in khz and not in mhz? I want to use it with F-5, F/A-18 etc, but can't because they only use mhz:( F-86 use khz but I want to use the navigation with newer airplanes

The frequencies assigned to NDB are between 190kHz and 1750 kHz. This is specified in ICAO annex 10, which is the international standard for aeronautical radio navigation aids. Apparently, when the F-18 was designed the ability to tune the nav receiver to civilian NDB frequencies was not a priority. Instead, you'll have to use VHF transmitters (VORs, terrestrial broadcast radio etc.) for your ADF.

The frequencies assigned to NDB are between 190kHz and 1750 kHz. This is specified in ICAO annex 10, which is the international standard for aeronautical radio navigation aids...

You are from Norway, cool! :) Ok I see, the sim is realistic

-royphsle

F-16C:thumbup:

i7-4790 CPU 3.60GHz | 16 GB RAM | MSI GTX-960 Gaming 4GB | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5