Mariana Islands Map & DCS: WWII

NineLine

12 hours ago, Ikaros said:

The Spitfire MK IX was used by the Soviets...

But not over the Caucasus. The Soviets used only the earlier Spitfire Vb during the Kuban campaign in 1943. When the first MK IX was delivered to the Soviets in February 1944 the front had already moved westwards. Thus a WW2 Caucasus map would be pointless for our current plane set, that's the whole point.

• 3 weeks later...

I realize how intimidating the Mission Editor can be, especially to those that have never even opened it up before. It might be like asking someone to use quantum physics to explain the Big Bang theory to a pre schooler! However, I would bet a fair amount of ED miles that once you try it out, with a little help from someone that has a bit of knowledge about it, you might just find it a little adicting and delve further into it. Building a simple little mission with your favorite ride in a new map could wind up being almost as rewarding as flying that module after you finish the mission. I would say it could be analogous to a model rail roader that spends more time building his layout (which is never really finished) than he does running his trains! 😂

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Totally agree - my route in to the ME was building warbird missions in the Nevada map…

Wanted to explore the map AND set up some desert style missions / use the N Africa camo skins

Have done the same with Marianas and Cyprus

Edited by rkk01