Iceman Auto-start

Falby

Is there a possibility of adding an Iceman auto-start feature for when doing a Rio start up in SP as the Rio needs both engines to be running and air-source set to Both Eng to start alignment please?

Myself or my RIOs are usually able to start alignment as soon as you have ground power. May not be according to the checklist/NATOPS, but we've yet to notice adverse effects. We're usually able to get the plane moving in only a few minutes with ASH. By the time the engines are spooled up alignment is almost done.

I understand that, but I omitted to add another reason for wanting an Iceman auto-start and that is that if I go through the Rio start up I then have to do the Pilot start up as well after. I want to be fairly good at the basics before I think about MP and to do 2 full start ups just to get airborne every flight just seems a waste of time if an Iceman auto-start is feasible.

I would also like to say I want to do things as realistic as possible within the confines of a simulation

Edited by Falby

Understood. I commend you for going into MP prepared. And if the feature would help you then great.

That said, practically the startup procedures for front and back are really independent of each other, other than the ground power which really either can request. Granted its abbreviated, but I doubt many MP pilots are going to want you to run the natops startup unless you join a serious carrier ops squad. At least in our server we always welcome people to learn an AC in MP. 1. There's almost always someone to talk you through it, and you can learn what matters and what doesn't and most importantly why. 2. None of our guys ever touch SP since its boring and uninformative.

Most people started out as pilots and then we all started swapping out the back seats to cross train. Your experience online may vary, but these servers are out there. Make sure you have SRS installed (for seamless Pilot/RIO Comms) and whatever VOIP the server uses.