Questions: fuel gauge, Ignition/battery & ATA needle jump 1.45-1.8

-0303-

Fuel gauge

Neat modeling (possibly). Fuel gauge only shows full with plane horizontal, it shows a little less than full on sitting on ground.

Ignition/battery

How come panel lights and instruments only goes active with battery AND ignition circuit breaker on. Why not just battery circuit breaker?

ATA gauge

ATA gauge jumps from 1.45 to 1.8 when advancing throttle regardless if rear tank has MW/50, B-4 gasoline or is empty. Is it supposed to do that?

[TABLE]Mission Editor-----ATA gauge----------MW/50 gauge-----MW/Kraftstoff selector (set by default)

MW/50-------------jumps 1.45 to 1.8----active--------------MW stoff selected

B-4 Gasoline------- jumps 1.45 to 1.8----not active----------Kraftstoff selected

Empty--------------jumps 1.45 to 1.8----not active----------Kraftstoff selected[/TABLE](so how you make columns in a table? zoom browser 100%)

MW/Kraftstoff selector defaulting to MW stoff and MW/50 pressure gauge only active when rear tank loaded with MW/50 makes perfect sense. But what happens when ATA gauge jumps from 1.45-1.8?

~

Two more questions.

-Am I correct in assuming that if rear tank is loaded with gasoline it will feed into main tank automatically?

-It looks like MW/50, B-4 gasoline or empty can only be chosen in Mission Editor. Is there no way (in game) to ask ground crew to choose how the rear tank is loaded?

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

How come panel lights and instruments only goes active with battery AND ignition circuit breaker on. Why not just battery circuit breaker?

It was designed that way, one C/B for several plane system. It is the same for Fw.

ATA gauge jumps from 1.45 to 1.8 when advancing throttle regardless if rear tank has MW/50, B-4 gasoline or is empty. Is it supposed to do that?

Yes, but engine life should be different.

MW/Kraftstoff selector defaulting to MW stoff and MW/50 pressure gauge only active when rear tank loaded with MW/50 makes perfect sense. But what happens when ATA gauge jumps from 1.45-1.8?

If you set engine power to 1,8ATA without MW injection, engine starts shaking and should die very soon... May be in DCS the second will happen when new DM come.

When fuel is in auxiliary tank and MW/fuel selector is in MW position, MW pressure gauge should show pressure like in MW is in tank. Liquid is liquid, does not matter if it is fuel or MW.

The selector determines where content from auxiliary tank will come, to main fuel tank or to the compressor inlet.

Am I correct in assuming that if rear tank is loaded with gasoline it will feed into main tank automatically?

Yes, no pilot action is required.

It looks like MW/50, B-4 gasoline or empty can only be chosen in Mission Editor. Is there no way (in game) to ask ground crew to choose how the rear tank is loaded?

That is true, you can change content in auxiliary tank only in ME, no in game.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

• 1 month later...

Engine "pulse"

Engine started coughing and "pulse" climbing at 20000 feet (maybe). ATA 1.42, all temps fine. No MW (as set by aerobatics server). Engine came back, but not fully, at lower altitude. What happened?

Rear tank

How do I fuel the rear tank? By asking for 100%? Given server setting is no MW loaded.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Engine dies very quickly when runing 1.8ATA w/o mw50, tested it alredy.

I think when MW50 isnt on board groud crew should install stop gate on throttle or set boost regulator to not get more then 1.45 w/o mw50 1.8 is deadly.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Engine "pulse"

How do I fuel the rear tank? By asking for 100%? Given server setting is no MW loaded.

Yes

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I think when MW50 isnt on board groud crew should install stop gate on throttle or set boost regulator to not get more then 1.45 w/o mw50 1.8 is deadly.
Problem with that is depending on the atmospheric pressure of the day that stop gate would be in a different place. You can't change it daily, even during the day from morning to noon to evening.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Problem with that is depending on the atmospheric pressure of the day that stop gate would be in a different place. You can't change it daily, even during the day from morning to noon to evening.

S!

I think bf109 is equipped with boost control unit and this 1.8 ATA jump is probably special mode for this unit stop gate would work just not allowing pilot enter this special mode.

I dont know how this wep in bf109 worked, in dcs you cant set 1.6 or 1.7 it jumps to 1.8 imidietly even with tiniest increments of throttle.

But stop gate in bf109 would handicap high alt performance it will limit rpm for engine.

Any way, stop gates were used widely to avoid accidental engage of WEP.

So from what i have read p-47 has stop gate on throttle for t/o to not over boost

Edited by grafspee

Engine dies very quickly when runing 1.8ATA w/o mw50, tested it alredy.

I knew not to go to 1.8. I just set the throttle on the threshold of the jump, ca 1.42.

I was thinking I missed something else, like engaging the fuel pump a la Spitfire. Fuel was on, but something else one needs to do when getting at altitude with 109? Adjust cooling?

Edited by -0303-

I knew not to go to 1.8. I just set the throttle on the threshold of the jump, ca 1.42.

I was thinking I missed something else, like engaging the fuel pump a la Spitfire. Fuel was on, but something else one needs to do when getting at altitude with 109? Adjust cooling?

Nope, fuel controls to the left, you couldn't start up the engine without them, and electrical fuel pump to the right in the breakers panel. I guess that's what you do, and that's all. 109 is fully automated.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

what exactly happen at high alt ? did engien die or what ?

Edited by grafspee

It didn't die, it started "pulsing". It wasn't the shake one gets when doing 1.8 without MW. This was something else.

ATA needle dropped. At lower alt pulsing stopped and (I think) I could go to 1.4 again.

I would need recreate it to be sure of all details.

Engine "pulse"

Engine started coughing and "pulse" climbing at 20000 feet (maybe). ATA 1.42, all temps fine. No MW (as set by aerobatics server). Engine came back, but not fully, at lower altitude. What happened?

Rear tank

Engine "pulsating" is a sign of fuel starvation and/or overrevving. At least, to my experience. Do you use manual or auto prop pitch?

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Engine "pulsating" is a sign of fuel starvation and/or overrevving. At least, to my experience. Do you use manual or auto prop pitch?

I know what is it :) starved battery probably, Did you turn on you gen cb? From sometime default spawn position gives battery and gen cb off, one of them is hard to see behind flare gun, or you accidently switched to single magneto.

Edited by grafspee