4 min alignment option?

Dispatch

i would consider the whole rearming thing as unrealistic and it should be kicked out of the Sim.

A task which can take hours reduced to jut a few seconds and then complaining about a few minutes of algnment.

You should be able to adjust Loadout upfront and you should be able to refuel but not rearming, then it doesnt make any difference to align a few minutes longer.

Well that depends on the aircraft. "Quick Turnaround" is a thing IRL, especially for swedish aircraft like the Viggen and the Gripen, which can get rearmed and refueled in 10-15 minutes.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

i would consider the whole rearming thing as unrealistic and it should be kicked out of the Sim.

A task which can take hours reduced to jut a few seconds and then complaining about a few minutes of algnment.

You should be able to adjust Loadout upfront and you should be able to refuel but not rearming, then it doesnt make any difference to align a few minutes longer.

It all depends, like most things. Some load out can be done with the aircraft running while it refuels

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4186195&postcount=1386

Some will take considerably longer. But You have a choice as a player. You can wait 45 minutes before re-starting the aircraft. I am all about realistic behavior on the aircraft in DCS, but some things I do not want to modeled. For example: is not uncommon for an aircraft to suffer Radar failures or radio problems in RL, but I don't want that in DCS. I also don't want to fly for 4 hours with two in flight refueling just to reach the target and back. I also don't want to wait days for repairs or ground abort aircraft because the TGP does not work. I also like the pause button.

So going back to the INS, we have the choice of a proper 8+ minute alignment which I like, and people have a choice to do a 90 sec alignment if the choose to ( for now anyway, this could change) or start running in the ramp, runway or the air.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Lol nice one. You also can not fly for maybe a month because your aircraft need repair and lack of spare parts..... should we continue.....? Jeez.... as much as we wanna call DCS is a great simulation its also just a game.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I have not tried in flight alignment since it takes longer that the other two methods (Normal and Stor HDG) and is far more complicated with less accurate results. In RL (AFAIK), in flight alignment is one of the many:" if this breaks, or this happens, try this" and there a many of them that I do not think would bring anything to DCS if they get modeled. It would mean weeks if not moths of programing for ED for something that we would not see unless we actively try them.

For example, in RL at the time (circa 2007) you could have two different RLG and two different software version ( rev A and B) It would add details for use but probably unnecessary programing for something most people would not notice.

Another example is the "best possible normal alignment" which take 16 minutes, you have to taxi the aircraft to a specific heading, etc. People complain about the 8+ minute alignment, imagine a 16 minute one.

Edited by mvsgas
spelling

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Hmm, didn't really work for me when I tried it yesterday. The alignment status got stuck at 64 IIRC.

Did you rearm while doing that?

There is a defect that if you rearm, it will interrupt INS alignment. It has been reported already.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

There is a defect that if you rearm, it will interrupt INS alignment. It has been reported already.

That should not be a defect, but proper behavior. If you move the aircraft while INS alignment is in progress you can affect the alignment. I have been scolded as a young airman by a pilot for moving the tire chocks while he was aligning the INS.

To whom it may concern,

Hmm, maybe. Will check, thanks.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

As mentioned by mvsgas a rearm should halt the alignment as it will move the aircraft.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

"DCS World: Additional Programs" module would be a great module for you. Enjoy the Snacko duty, or the Scheduler, or any other responsibilities that Ops have when they don't get to fly. Which isn't as often as the civilian world thinks.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 4 weeks later...

I just tried Store Heading alignment in Open beta 2.5.6.43931 and it worked the same way it has in the last 4 patches/updates.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4193841&postcount=41

To whom it may concern,