Buttkicker on Wood Frame Base for Flight Sim Chair

Bob1943

I am thinking about installing a Buttkicker, or similar acoustic vibration device, under my flight sim chair.

I have attached 2 pictures of my chair to show where it would go - inside the wood box that forms the base for the chair mount.

Do you think this would work ok on a wood frame chair base?

Do not know how well the wood will conduct the vibrations.

668335246_FlightSimChairFrontLeftView.thumb.jpg.dfa72390589f519ba788ef64e8c71e80.jpg

1384130131_FlightSimChairRearView.thumb.jpg.aa78a27898dcb42c2b6854f41c294a3e.jpg

Yes it will work fine presuming the chair is mounted solidly to the wooden frame. The more isolated you are from shakers the less effect you will feel ie the chair cushioning etc but you should still be able to feel it a decent amount.

Personally I find that with Buttkicker are a bit more expensive then they should be. Worth taking a look at parts express for other potential options.

Or...

You could just install a 15" Sub.

Makes the gun really rockin' :thumbup:

Stang out

I was wondering about that. I have a large subwoofer with my Boston Acoustics speaker system that plugs directly into my computer motherboard.

How would I go about connecting a second subwoofer (under my chair) to the computer? I don't think there is another speaker input on the motherboard to connect to.

Wouldn't the second subwoofer require a separate power amplifier?

Edited by Bob1943

If I add a bass shaker transducer to the wood base frame of my flight sim chair (see photo in Post #1), the vibrations will be carried into both my throttle and joystick, since they are both bolted to the wood base frame. While this may be realistic in real life flying, I am wondering if the constant vibrations being transmitted into the HOTAS electronic components might eventually weaken some solder connections, or, somehow damage other electrical components?

Any thoughts on this potential problem?