[REPORTED]Set Path Bug

Shadow KT

You can glitch the set path command sometimes by holding down the shift key (for example when you wanna manipulate time and press shift + z, as an example). This bug is not limited to SP.

The big issue is that when you have an AI unit which is following a flight plan or orbit set in ME and you press Shift by mistake it can glitch out in such a way that you can not disable the set path command and you have to give him a new waypoint, ruining its pre-set flight plan

As far as I checked, there is no command with shift which should lead to this behavior.

Sometimes you can get lucky and disable it by going to the external view of a unit, sometimes you can disable it by right clicking if you have not left clicked to set a waypoint by mistake before that.... but sometimes you just can't fix it and you have to give it a new one

Set Path Bug.trk

Set Path Bug 2.trk

[ATTACH]225902[/ATTACH]

Adding this track again, because the behavior can be seen somewhere around the 8th minute from the start of the mission as well

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• ED Team

Hi shadow,

I have been unable to reproduce this on our internal build so this maybe already fixed.

I will keep an eye on it.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

How to reproduce:

When mission starts, select a unit and select the "Set Path" button. Your cursor should change to the "set path" mode cursor and you can give a waypoint. After you have confirmed your path, with right mouse button click, your cursor should come back to its normal state and you can click everywhere and do whatever you want as normal, BUT now, when you click back to that unit and hold down shift for a second or two (just to be sure) and you click somewhere, your cursor might look the normal way, but it will put down a new waypoint and if you are unlucky, you cannot cancel it

TL, DR is: You have to set a path once the usual way and from there onward, the shift bug exists

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• ED Team
How to reproduce:

When mission starts, select a unit and select the "Set Path" button. Your cursor should change to the "set path" mode cursor and you can give a waypoint. After you have confirmed your path, with right mouse button click, your cursor should come back to its normal state and you can click everywhere and do whatever you want as normal, BUT now, when you click back to that unit and hold down shift for a second or two (just to be sure) and you click somewhere, your cursor might look the normal way, but it will put down a new waypoint and if you are unlucky, you cannot cancel it

TL, DR is: You have to set a path once the usual way and from there onward, the shift bug exists

Thanks I will try again

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Just had some feedback from the team on this, it is intended behaviour with shift held.

Right click works to cancel.

Thanks

Right click works to cancel.

Thanks

This is not true in my experience. Right click works to tell the unit to follow the waypoints, not cancel them.

If right click is supposed to cancel the waypoint, then this is a bug.

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

• ED Team
This is not true in my experience. Right click works to tell the unit to follow the waypoints, not cancel them.

If right click is supposed to cancel the waypoint, then this is a bug.

Yes it looks like the right click to cancel is not working correctly.

I have reported to the team.

• 4 weeks later...