Poll: What MiG-15 campaign woul you prefer

Chimango

Poll: What MiG-15 campaign woul you prefer  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: What MiG-15 campaign woul you prefer

• Year 1951 - KTO historical campaign for 324º IAD
    • Year 1953 - Border conflict between Georgia and URSS
    • Year 1954 - Polish/German/Czesck conflict between inner red & blue coalitions
    • None of the above, i have another idea

I've made many campaigns for il2 1946 (both SP and MP) like "Honchos: red devils over the Yalu"; "The *CHE* path"; "Conflict for the Beagle Channel 1968"; "16ºGIAP Kobras"; etc. Now i'm planning to make a DCS SP MiG-15bis campaign but need pilots opinion about what you'd find more interesting to fly.

A. Year 1951 - KTO historical campaign for 324º IAD

B. Year 1953 - Border conflict between Georgia and URSS

C. Year 1954 - Polish/German/Czesck conflict between communists and NATO

IMO the first scenario (A) could be a bit limited and repetitive, as MiG-15s were just deployed for incercepting bombers and attack planes, also limited regarding available AI planes we have for NATO in KTO (F86s & P51s).

Options B and C could be more fun, but some ppl don´t like non-historical campaigns as they don´t find it immersive, i don´t know. If none the above, which one would you like?

Edited by Chimango

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

I'd like both A and C.

I don't understand how a border war would be possible between USSR and Georgia since Georgia was part of the USSR, but anyway.

I'm literally saturated with the same caucasus players doing the same things all over, and getting away from the usual "Russia vs Georgia and NATO" thing would be blessing, even with the map being unrealistically "changed" to Korea or something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

Well, i'm reading all comments, thank you for your opinions. I think i will discard option B already, as Sith is working on something like that. Now, options A and C seem to be be the appealing ones and both have pro and againts:

A - KTO historical

71Ua82e3U6L._SL1386_.jpg

PRO: Immersive as i have Igor Seydov's book "Red devils over the Yalu" with all real actions from day one; historical units, pilots, planes and events. Also we have enough planes to fight against like F86s; P51s, B29s. Of course i wish we had Thunderjets, Panthers and Meteors too.

AGAINST: repetitive missions (intercept) as that was almost THE only task VVS MiGs had. Also flying a historic KTO campaign on a map with different city/airbases names is quite of an immersion turn off, but i'm asking now in the MODS section if there is a way to edit map names. (btw: is there any?)

C - Cold War East vs West scenario inside Poland, Germany or Czech Republic

PRO: It's an original scenario where everything is possible. The main pro i find here is the chance to make versatile and FUN missions. Ground attack, recon, intercept, and a huge variety of possibilities. For instance the first mission i have in mind is the campaign starter, where our character (Player) smuggles a MiG-15 from an airbase.

AGAINST: Again, the map names. But other than that, nothing against i can think of.

Note: Someone said Vietnam, is interesting but would be more suited for MiG-17s and 21s, not the 15s. There is a desert conversion for the Caucasus, maybe a conflict between Arabic League and Israel wouldn't be a bad idea!

We'll see, meanwhile i will pair attention to the poll and comments for one week, and after that i'll decide where to go.

Thank you guys for your opinions.

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

Immersion and historical accuracy is one thing, but we must remember that DCS is mainly a game and fun missions should be the most important thing. If every mission is repetitive and gets boring after 3 or 4 missions, whats the point.

I would say go for C (just my opinion.)

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How could intercept and great 'cat and mouse' air battles around bombers between Mig15 and F86 possibly be boring?

Just flying a Mig15 is not boring and flying it in combat with F86 pilots trying to stop me hitting bombers is definitely not boring. Attacking the bombers with F86 trying to stop you is going to be hard. Just surviving and getting home is going to be hard. And landing a damaged aircraft is going to be even more of a challenge.

It will be just as hard for the F86 to try and stop a well organised Mig15 group.

Basically, the Battle of Britain was constant intercept for RAF Fighter Command and I assure you it is not boring flying a Battle of Britain flight simulation.

Surely we want to test ourselves in line with the historical scenario's given the chance.

I tend to find the fantasy stuff a bit of a turn-off. Which is why I like historical combat flight simulation and not Star Wars I suppose.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Well, a week's gone by and most people have voted for Korea 1951. I will start working right away.

I just need three things:

1) Two russian speaking guys (for recording a couple of messages i have in mind)

2) One chinese speaking guy (same reason as above)

3) Two beta testers (one with SSD disk and another one with HDD disk if possible)

If you know anyone who can help me with it let me know please.

So, i hope it's finished in a couple of months; im targeting at a minimum of a 12 mission campaign for a MiG-15 pilot flying for the 324ºIAD. And again, if anyone knows how to edit city and airfield names on the map, that would be the most important add on for this campaign and it would be brilliant!

• 1 month later...

id voted for C and would really like the european nato scenario. but personally i like alternate history/fictional scenarios in general (there was much glee on the day i got il2 1946). but perhaps option B would be better to simulate a nato invasion from turkey or black sea thats seized coastal assets?

a plus with C (or a revised nato attack B scenario) is that the bf109 can be used with the czechs (and romanians) and nato of course was still flying p51s at the time

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

oh just noticed after i posted that the decision has been made :D

2) One chinese speaking guy (same reason as above)

might be able to provide pm me

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

Oh Thank you Zantron, that would be great. Chinese messages will be very few, it's for one or two missions when VVS pilots were forced during radio comms to speak in Chinese on their firsts missions.

I'm already working on mission number 5. By now we are flying it in COOP mode with my squad mates from ECV56. We've flown 4 missions already, it's a lot of fun but it's taking more time than i thaught. I hope i can finish it in 10 weeks from now. Salute!

• 4 weeks later...

I'd have to say D, I'm a sucker for alternate history. While an internal conflict like C would be quite interesting, fighting the same MiG-15s would be relatively difficult. I'd have to say some sort of cold-war-gone-hot scenario, like the Su25A campaign (but with AA). But its hard to say for sure what I'd like most.

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

• 1 month later...

Thank you Aus3620!

I have finished the campaign, finally! As you can see here we've completed the 18 missions with my squad mates=> http://www.ecv56condor.com.ar/Foro/viewtopic.php?TopicID=45768

Now before i release it for the community I've to translate all the briefings and in-mission messages to English language. The campaign will be available for both SINGLE and MULTIPLAYER (up to 6 pilots).

As i said, need to translate and tune it a little bit, and for that i need 2 Russian speaking guys willing to have their voices recorded for in mission messages; for the Chinese one i already have been offered some help, fortunately.

RED DEVILS OVER THE YALU RIVER is coming after the release of DCS 1.5 if all goes well with it.

LMDK18_01_zpsiaxpxf3m.jpg

Hi Chimango. Thanks so much for the campaign really looking forward to it. For me it is a highlight of note. Thanks also for the videos. I have them all and enjoy them immensily. Regards H.

F14 by choice, F18 by mandate.

Peace the old fashioned way.

Well, i'm reading all comments, thank you for your opinions. I think i will discard option B already, as Sith is working on something like that. Now, options A and C seem to be be the appealing ones and both have pro and againts:

A - KTO historical

71Ua82e3U6L._SL1386_.jpg

PRO: Immersive as i have Igor Seydov's book "Red devils over the Yalu" with all real actions from day one; historical units, pilots, planes and events. Also we have enough planes to fight against like F86s; P51s, B29s. Of course i wish we had Thunderjets, Panthers and Meteors too.

AGAINST: repetitive missions (intercept) as that was almost THE only task VVS MiGs had. Also flying a historic KTO campaign on a map with different city/airbases names is quite of an immersion turn off, but i'm asking now in the MODS section if there is a way to edit map names. (btw: is there any?)

C - Cold War East vs West scenario inside Poland, Germany or Czech Republic

PRO: It's an original scenario where everything is possible. The main pro i find here is the chance to make versatile and FUN missions. Ground attack, recon, intercept, and a huge variety of possibilities. For instance the first mission i have in mind is the campaign starter, where our character (Player) smuggles a MiG-15 from an airbase.

AGAINST: Again, the map names. But other than that, nothing against i can think of.

Note: Someone said Vietnam, is interesting but would be more suited for MiG-17s and 21s, not the 15s. There is a desert conversion for the Caucasus, maybe a conflict between Arabic League and Israel wouldn't be a bad idea!

We'll see, meanwhile i will pair attention to the poll and comments for one week, and after that i'll decide where to go.

Thank you guys for your opinions.

1. I must get that book!

2. It's not the complete answer by a stretch but I made the attached for mission briefings in missions I have still to make although they won't be complex. It may still need some tweaking but it's a near as I can stretch to RL bases. Some obvious ones are missing because there are no DCS bases in the (near) correct place. You can Paint.net routings etc onto a copy of the image.

Korea_Map_DCS_1024_Named.thumb.jpg.98296aade91a41bd04810826095d2582.jpg

Korea_1_UN_Attack_Blue_1024.thumb.jpg.2df39fc7fc900078c8e1e51f5a6d73bf.jpg

Edited by klem

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit