Request - 3 new air bases for NTTR

Andrew8604

NAS Fallon and NWS China Lake are Naval Air Stations that are visible on the NTTR map, but only at lower resolution satellite imagery--no details--can't land there. Fallon in the extreme northwest and China Lake in the far southwest. I think they would make useful distant airbases for longer range missions. China Lake has some target ranges like the NTTR ranges. I'd also like to have Wendover airport, just across the border from Nevada at the edge of Utah's Great Salt Lake basin -- way up to the northeast, off the map right now. It has long runways and a good sized ramp. It would make a great distant base for the map, I think.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Great requests which I very much support. Unfortunately, it has been officially stated that NTTR is complete so I fear that we will not be seeing any new additions. With the Hornet and Tomcat, I would have thought NAS Fallon would have been planned from the beginning but sadly that wasn’t the case. It would have been a nice surprise addition with the three year anniversary of the NTTR map but we can only dream.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

• 2 weeks later...

So many people have requested Fallon. Wish they would consider it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I cannot begin to fathom why in the world they did not include NAS Fallon. It's location is within the boundaries of the current NTTR map.

NAS Fallon is 68nm northwest of Minas airport. They would literally have to just expand the map one grid square to the northwest to include NAS Fallon.

They put so much effort at including various civilian airports on the NTTR map but failed to include one of the of the most important US military bases...for a military combat flightsim. Maybe at the time of development, they weren't sure about the Hornet and didn't know about the Tomcat.

Edited by =BJM=
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

The frustrating thing is the real estate is already within the existing map, which would make this version of the world seem a little less fragmented vs. later coming out with a separate, unconnected map. You'd have enough room to do long range strikes ect... The area that encompasses NAS lemoore is even represented within the existing boundaries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Since we now have the hornet, adding Fallon and NAS Lemoore where the West coast Navy hornet squadrons are stationed only makes sense. Plus the flight from Lemoore to Fallon is gorgeous over the Sierras. Please please ED! It would make for much more of an immersive experience for virtual squadrons to conduct deployment workups from Lemoore into nttr allowing for that transition into a hostile region like Caucasus or PG

DFFC2D3C-773E-4490-BA9D-EE3AFED5F428.thumb.jpeg.67938d17a90aabc9ca31e70f34015af2.jpeg

86A89AF3-C683-42B2-BE27-7FC72B66878D.thumb.jpeg.5a164cc2144473ebacb14d9e649cad58.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/23/2018 at 2:20 PM, drPhibes said:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3714627&postcount=53

TL;DR: forget it. It won't happen.

The link above, shared by drPhibes, leads to Wags' answer, with enumerated reasons.  That looks like that's the final answer.

I speculate that modeling all that detail into the City of Las Vegas...which a lot of people enjoy...cost the inclusion of NAS Fallon and NAS China Lake.  But Nellis AFB is so close to Las Vegas that they couldn't ignore it.

Based on the constraints mentioned by Wags, I can't think of any good solution.  What if minimum PC RAM requirements was increased from 8GB to 16GB?  Or have they been already?  I run a machine with 32GB.

Some 3rd party might (that's a wildly speculative "might") make a retro version of NTTR Map, that includes NAS Lemoore, Edwards AFB, China Lake NWC, in a 1967 setting, in which Las Vegas is much smaller and with fewer large buildings, maybe.  Nellis and Indian Springs (Creech) AFB would still be there.  That would then be the training area for the F-4(?) Phantom II, F-105D Thunderchief (which someone just has to develop sometime this decade), A-6E Intruder, A-7E Corsair II, F-8J Crusader (all in development), and very slim "hopefully" for the F-100D Super Sabre.   The F-100 shares a lot of cockpit similarities with the F-86F, I think.

Likewise, maybe a 3rd party might make a "Great Basin" map that would include NAS Fallon, Mountain Home AFB, Hill AFB and the Salt Lake City area, as well as Boise and Reno... and all that open range in between.  A 340nm x 420nm area.  But I very much doubt that will ever happen.  And if ED had made this Great Basin map instead of NTTR, everyone would now be complaining about why Nellis AFB, Groom Lake and Tonopah Test Range wasn't included.  😄  We're never satisfied!  The grass is always greener on the other side of the mountain...except in the desert.  😄

Is ED perhaps working on global scenery?  Did I see rumors of that?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Mapi said:

NTTR 2.0 and pay ? 😉

I wouldn't.

To be honest, I do believe that in principle, a map couldn't and shouldn't be called "feature complete" when there are missing features in its modeled area.

Just like the PG or the Georgian maps, that are missing quite a lot of features for example, but are still called "feature complete".

I would buy a technologically improved version of a map tho, just like the Normandy 2.0.

Edited by ironhard
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ironhard said:

there are missing features in its modeled area

They are not missing if they were never planned to be begin with.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

1 hour ago, ironhard said:

Not planned, feature complete...right

That's right, NAS Fallon is outside of planned high fidelity area. Not funny, not my decision, but it's true.

• Like 3

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

1 hour ago, ironhard said:

LOL

Not planned, feature complete...right

F-18 over Fallon NAS.JPG

NTTR map has centred on NTTR training range only and that was initialy planned as a training range to A-10C only. ED team, Wags and others was very clear about them on the last years. The "NAS Fallon texture" was nothing planned by ED to a usable base as No Fallon Range Training Complex, No Fort Irwin National Training Center, No Chocolate Mountain Aerial Gunnery Range, No China lake complex.

Build NAS Fallon, and Fallon Range Training Complex with Point Mug complex, require a complete new map, or wait to "Whole Earth technology"

• Like 2