outside view

352ndDeacon

Well, i can look around the plane with mouse moving when in F2 view here (default settings).

Scrolling the middle mouse button, i can zoom/unzoom.

Don't know about F4 though...i think you can't as it's the following view.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the same situation as Deacon. Quote " When looking at an outside view, either by F2 or F4, is there any way to rotate the view via the mouse? " So hitting F2 does not work fine.

When you unbind your keys and set up your own scheme the mouse look is lost. So the "specific" question is, does anyone know the keybinding that controls mouse look? I have tried setting up as other default planes, but can't get it back. No mouse look. Frustrating. TY

Edited by wuffman

does anyone know the keybinding that controls mouse look?

"Camera horizontal view" and "camera vertical view", in the "Axis Commands" category of the "P-51D Sim layer", should be what you're looking for. Bind mouse to those and you should be set. (Not sure why those aren't already bound for you; I rebound almost all of my controls, but I never had a problem with my camera getting unbound.) Unfortunately, no way to invert the external camera without doing the same to the cockpit one, AFAIK, at least not with mouse; it's possible to differentially invert them with key binds, IIRC, but that isn't what's being asked here.

Edited by Echo38

Thx Echo! Can't wait to try it. The reason it's not bound for me is because I used the command that unbinds EVERYTHING, and just started over. I know, not too good. Was anxious to try DCS. But will probably go back to default and just change what is needed. Thank you again, have spent hours not finding this!

IT WORKS!

Edited by wuffman